Status: Need comments my dears, need to know what you like or dislike. =)

I Told You I'm Fine

Cut, Cut, Cut

Here it goes again, I thought. Mom and dad were fighting again, which would have an end result of them taking turns beating the crap out of me. I was like their personal punching bag. I'm glad we aren't in a car thou. Last time we were in a car they literally opened the door and threw me out. It was awful.

Here they come. I can here them on the stairs. "Haley, get your ass out hear this instant!” screamed my (should I even call her a mother) mother.

'Yes, mother," I answered walking out into the hallway.

"Look what you did this time! Don't you walk away young lady," my father screeched as he walked over and punched me. And so it began. I didn't even fight back. There was no use to fighting back. Last time I tried fighting back, well I don't want to remember it. Eventually they stopped and I stood up only to have my school backpack and my duffel bag thrown at me.

"Get out," my mother shouted. "Get out NOW!" Bout I was too stunned to move they had never kicked me out before. Next thing I knew I was flying, oh; of course, it was fun, except I was thrown down a flight of stairs. Then when I landed I couldn't get up so, of course, my father picks me up as my mother opens the door. Then he throws me out into the hail and rain. Oh, I forgot to mention we're in the middle of a thunderstorm and under a tornado watch. Make that a tornado warning, I thought as the sirens went off.

"You should get inside!” someone yelled to me. Like, I could get inside. First I was locked out. Second, I couldn't move at all. I slipped my razor out of my bag and cut myself. I did it until I had five cuts on each arm. "Stop!” the same voice yelled running over to me and taking the razor from me before I could cut each arm once more.

I looked up it was a guy who was yelling at me. He was hard to hear over the tornado sirens thou. He took my razor and threw it into a nearby trash can and ran back over to me. I recognized him. He hung out with the skater boys at school. He looked down at me and saw all the bruises from my beatings. That’s when I realized I was wearing boy shorts and a purple tank top that is too small for everyday wear. I blushed but we were both taken out of our thoughts when the sirens got louder.

Realizing I couldn't move he slipped on my backpack and duffel bag. They he picked me up bridal style and ran. Eventually I couldn't figure out where we were. He stopped at a really nice looking house and unlocked the door and walked in. "Grandma I'm home", He called. When she came into sight he said, "Get into the basement and stay in the T.V. room and watch the weather. Stay in the basement."

"Yes, sweetie," she said kindly. He blushed but followed her down into the basement, me still in his arms. When we got down stairs I saw the old lady take something out of her ear and grab a cane that blind people used. Now I understood why she didn't notice me. She couldn't see. How convenient.

He carried me down a hallway in the opposite direction his grandma went. He opened the door at the end of the hallway and carried me inside. It looked like a normal teen’s bedroom a few posters, but it was mostly clean. He laid me down on the bed and set my stuff down. "Don't move", he said. I rolled my eyes sarcastically. As if I could move.

He came back and had what looked like a first aid kit. He started bandaging up my wounds. "What’s your name?" he asked.

"What’s yours?" I asked.

He nodded his head and said, "My names Cameron but call me Cam."

I sighed then said, "My names Haley."

"Okay, Haley how did this happen?" Cam asked.

"You saw me cut myself", I replied and hoped he wouldn't ask about all the bruises and cuts on my chest and legs and well pretty much everywhere.

"No I meant the bruises and other cuts."

"Umm..."

"Let me guess your dad beats you?"

"Not just my dad, they both do every time they get in a fight." A tear slid down my cheek followed by several more. He gently eased my head onto his chest. Then pulled me into his lap and rubbed my back soothingly as I cried.

"I'm so sorry," Cam whispered into my hair. Eventually I cried myself to sleep, while leaning against his chest.

**Cam's P.O.V. **
She fell asleep in my arms. I laid her down and snuck out of my room and into the T.V. room. "Grandma, are you there?" I called.

"Yes," she answered.

The sirens had stopped so I told her she could go to bed. She left happily and went upstairs. I looked at the radar on T.V. It said it would only rain for the rest of the night. I turned off the T.V. and walked back to my room.

Haley was awake and staring at me. I walked over and sat down next to her on my king sized bed. She gently grabbed my arm and I turned to her. Her beautiful green eyes looked tortured. She tugged on my arm. "Yes", I asked standing up deciding I would go sleep in a guest bedroom.

"Don't go," she said. I sat down beside her and noticed she was shivering. How stupid, I am, I thought. She was still in her wet clothes. Good thing she wasn't under the blankets or the bed might have been wet. Luckily my comfiture is water repellant. I stood up and walked over to her duffel bag and picked it up.

I dug threw it until I found what looked like the pajama’s she was wearing except they were a lime green tank top with hot pink short shorts. I also grabbed her new underwear. I walked over to her and handed her clothes to her. Then I turned away so she could change. "Cam, help," she squeaked.

I turned around. She had her dry shorts on no problem but her purple tank was stuck to her head. Her chest was showing but to prove that I'm not perverted I hurried over and slip her purple tank up over her head and grabbed her lime green tank. I slipped it over her head quickly but carefully avoiding her bruises. “Thanks," she said.

"You’re welcome," I said tossing her wet clothes to the floor. "Will you turn so I can change?" She nodded and turned away.

My pajamas consisted on a t-shirt and shorts. "Okay you can turn around," I told Haley after I finished changing. "Okay you get that side, I get this side," I said gesturing toward the bed. She nodded and slid under the covers so you could only see her head. I did the same. She scooted toward the center of the bed just as I did. We both blushed and I closed my eyes to sleep. I felt something that was shivering snuggle against me. I opened my eyes to see Haley looking into my eyes. "Okay forget what I said," I said to her and we scooted to the center of the bed.

I wrapped my arms around Haley and she relaxed. She looked into my eyes one more time and kissed me sweetly. I melted. I looked down at her and she was asleep in my arms. I kissed her forehead closed my eyes and drifted off.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS PLEASE! I know I sound desperate but I would love to hear your comments. My chapters will probably never be this long again but its nice when I can. Hope you like it.