Status: Need comments my dears, need to know what you like or dislike. =)

I Told You I'm Fine

The Visitor

**Cam’s P.O.V. **

Ugh, I can’t wait to get out of this stupid hospital. Everything here is white. I have a room to myself but I wish they would open the curtains and let the sunlight in and I finally got some sleep last night.

I wish Haley would visit. I don’t know how long I was asleep but I’m sure something bad happened to Haley by now. I’m so worried about her! All those stupid guys will be pretending to like her and if she’s not careful, she’ll fall right into their trap.

“Oh good, your awake,” stated the nurse as she walked in, “I’m not sure who she is but she keeps insisting that you’re her son. She’s much too old to be your mother though, but we’re letting her in anyway, that is, if you would like to see her.”

Grandma, I thought. “Of course she can come in!”

“Alright,” the nurse answered. Then she went to the door and opened it, my grandma was standing there looking lost. She was wearing one of her many dresses from the Victorian age. The dress that she is wearing today is an olive green satin.

“Cameron, where are you hiding?” grandma asked while poking her cane around.

“I’m right here, Matti,” I replied. She looked up and walked over to me. For someone who is blind, she has an uncanny sense of direction.

“My Cameron, why did you get in a car accident? Why are you broken? What are you so worried about? Nurse, please excuse us,” she said, realizing the nurse was still in the room shifting from foot to foot. The nurse looked at her surprised but, none the less, left the room and my grandma continued. “Don’t look so sad Cameron. I’m sure they’ll be fine. What has happened at school? Who is she?” asked Matti (grandma).

The last question rang in my ears and burned like a wildfire through my head. Who is she? She is the most important person in the world. She’s the most beautiful person I have ever laid eyes on. Her hair is a soft brown and silky smooth. Her eyes are greener than the grass in the springtime. When she smiles, it’s like the sun rising in the west. But who is she? That’s the million dollar question. I have an answer but I will never let it escape my lips. She is my soul mate, my love, my everything.

“Well, Cameron, are you going to leave my in the dark?” Matti asked, peering at me with her unseeing eyes.

What you must understand is that my grandma loves making puns about her eyesight. To put it bluntly, if you haven’t already guessed, she’s blind. I sighed and looked up at her.

“I got in an accident because I was driving too fast,” I said, putting it simply. She stared long and hard at me. I knew that wasn’t the answer she was looking for, so I sighed and tried again. “I was worried about something,” she continued to stare at me with her all seeing eyes. “I was worried about my friend.”

“Why?”

“Her boyfriend broke up with her.”

“Liar.”

“What?”

“You are lying to me.”

“No, her boyfriend did break up with her.”

“But that’s not the whole truth is it?”

“No, I guess not.”

“Well, are you going to enlighten me?”

“I was worried about her because she’s a dear friend and I didn’t appreciate her getting hurt.”

“You’re still worried about her.”

“Yes, I am.”

“I don’t want to know why,” she stated. Sometime Matti just knew she wouldn’t like the answer. “Who is she? What’s her name?”

“Her name is Haley.”

“¿Qúe es morena, rubia, o peliroja? ¿Qúe es bonita, fea, buena, o símpatica?” she asked annoyed. When she becomes frustrated, she starts speaking in Spanish. Spanish is her first language; she grew up in southern California.

I sighed, for probably the fifth or sixth time since she arrived, “Ella es muy bonita. Es símpatica y morena. Lo siento, Matti.”

“Don’t be sorry,” she replied.

I looked up at her, unsure of what to say next but she spoke up before I got the chance. “What time is it?”

I glanced over at the digital clock by my bedside. “It’s four o’clock, do you need to go?”

“Sadly, yes, my dear, I must go help the soup kitchen,” she replied. Another thing I should mention about Matti, she always has to go help people. She may be blind and old, but she’s still living.

“Bye, Matti,” I said sadly.

“Cameron, protect her,” she muttered barely above a whisper as she exited the room. I stared after her surprised by her choice of words. She understood; she knew how important Haley is to me. I craned my neck and peered out the window, I couldn’t wait to be free, I thought.

**Haley’s P.O.V. **

School, ugh, I thought while I stared at the teacher in the front of the room. She was going on and on about some dude who did something. Today, all the teachers coordinate, or at least, I think they did, because their all giving boring lectures. School has been really weird since my breakup with Jamie. I’ve been asked out twenty-seven times and it’s only Thursday, this never used to happen. No one-and I mean no one-ever asked me out like this before. I decided to say yes to the hottest guy in school, according to the cheerleaders. I don’t really like him though; I’m just hoping to make Jamie jealous. I can’t wait! We’re going to a party this Friday. I know Jamie will be there so I really hope, Brad makes him jealous.

Cam is coming home tonight. We’re throwing him a small welcome home party. His grandma, who insists I call her Matti, which according to Cam’s friends is another way of saying grandma. It was her idea to have a party, on a school night. I hope Cam will be happy to come home. I can’t believe it but, I miss him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me hear what you to say, please!