How I Missed You.

A Change in Schedule

Isabella

I yawned. It was Friday morning and I was barely alive. I guess I it was my fault, in a way. I had stayed up all night talking to Jamie. He was such a decent and funny guy I found it hard to stay away from him. I know I shouldn’t be thinking this, in fact I don’t know how I have the strength to think this, but I do. I think I like him. I know it’s weird but I haven’t had a single crush since I was seven. I just never thought of boys that way. I guess you know why.

“Honey,” My mother called from the front door, “I’ll see ya later.”

“Bye mum!” I called from the kitchen.

“You better get a move on or you’ll be late for school.”

“Okay mum,” I laughed as I heard the front door close.

I finished off my breakfast, not that I’d call it finishing. I wasn’t really hungry. When I stayed up all night, I wasn’t just talking. Our cookie jar is dangerously low on cookies thanks to me.

~~~~~

“Ping—plunk.”

“Huh?” I looked up from my bed.

“Ping—plunk.” There it was again. It was coming from my window.

I dropped my pillow and walked over towards the window. “Jamie?” I asked as I saw the fourth rock hit my window.

“Hey,” he called through the glass.

I slid the window open, “What are you doing here?”

“I came to pick you up from school,” he smirked.

I smiled, “Okay, then I guess you won’t mind waiting a few minutes while I make my bed?”

“Haha, oyu do that?” He laughed.

“You don’t? I’m shocked Jamie!” We both laughed, “I’ll be right down.”

“I’ll be waiting.”

I closed the window and exhaled. Oh my god! Jamie is waiting outside my window. I ran to my bed and grabbed my phone, Dialing Mitchie’s number.

“Hello?” She picked up.

“Yeah Mitchie?”

“Izzy? Where are you?” Mitchie asked confused.

“I’m at home,” I was shocked by my own voice, it sounded really bubbly. It sounded like Mitchie.

“And?”

I almost squealed, “And guess who’s standing on my front lawn?”

“Oh my god! No way?” Mitchie squealed.

“yes way!”

“Oh my god, you sly dog, Jamie’s gonna ask you out.”

This time I did squeal.

“Isabella! Go. He’s waiting for you, right?”

“Oh right. I’ll see ya at school then,” I beamed.

“Rock it girl.”

I sht my phone, laughing to myself at Mitchie’s vocabulary. I grabbed m bag off the floor and headed outside. My usual morning ritual of chocolate cookies was somehow missed today as I skipped out the door.

“You took your time, I almost thought you’d snuck out the back door,” Jamie greeted me.

“Haha well, a carefully made bed is a well made bed.”

“Indeed it is,” Jamie grabbed my hand and steered me along the sidewalk, all the way to school. I had butterflies in my stomach the whole time.

“Hey Isa, Jamie,” Mitchie beamed as we reached her and Josh at the school gates.

“Yeah man,” Josh slapped Jamie on the back and they went into one of those awkward man hugs, weird I know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please excuse my ping-plunk, lol. I don't know how those things sound.
Thanks for reading
xx Emma