How I Missed You.

A Picture Says a Thousand Words

James

It seemed kind of strange but it was like nothing had even changed. Like Isabella had never even moved and we were still best friends. Everything was that easy. We always had something to say, and it wasn’t always about the past or what’s been happening to us since then. But we talked about random things, like we use to. My mother always use to say that there was one person you could tell anything to and they’d always understand and that same person you could talk to for hours on end about absolutely nothing. She also use to say that for me that person was Isabella. And even now it still seemed like that. I told her about the problems with my grades and how I was failing Math’s. I told her about Arianna and how she caused me to question my friendship with Jacob, she seemed a little surprised when I mentioned a girl but didn’t pursue the subject. Then she told me about Mitchie and how it was hard being herself when Mitchie expected so much of her. But if she lost her friendship with Mitchie she’d have nobody to turn to. She told me about her grades and I realised she was still the book worm she use to be except now the books she read didn’t have pictures. In nine years so much had changed, but we seemed to have stayed still, as if waiting to see each other again. It made me sad to think that Isabella didn’t really have anyone to really turn to at school and I vowed that I would always be there for her, no amount of road was going to separate us ever again. I finally had my best friend back.

I signed into MSN and almost instantly a conversation box appeared.

Isabella: Howdy stranger!
James: Hey, how’s it going?
Isabella: Can’t complain, you?
James: Fine I guess.

It had been almost two days since Isabella and her mum had finally vacated our house. We exchanged phone numbers and email addresses so we could keep in touch.

Isabella: :@
James: What the matter?
Isabella: My teacher assigned our class a oral presentation task, but I have no idea what to talk about.
James: Talk about me :P
Isabella: I was actually thinking about that if you don’t mind. The task is to talk about someone who has influenced your life.
James: Of course I don’t mind Isa. Just don’t say anything bad about me.
Isabella: LOL, I won’t. But are you sure you don’t mind? I’d be talking about our past and a lot of personal stuff.
James: What do I care what a bunch of strangers thinks about me. And besides, if it makes things easier on you, you should do it.
Isabella: Thanks James, I owe you one. :)
James: Just don’t tell them about that time, y’know. When I... y’know.
Isabella: Maybe I will maybe I won’t :P After all that really affected, I was traumatized for months. I was too afraid to even go in the bathroom.
James: Haha, I told you it was a bad place for hide and seek.
Isabella: Yeah, yeah. Oh brb, phone call.
James: kk.

It really surprised me when she asked if she could do her oral about me. I guess it was perfect timing on our mothers’ part. They were right, we did need each other. I haven’t felt so happy in a long time. Seeing Isabella smile makes my day.

Isabella: Back. :)
James: Who was it?
Isabella: Who else? Mitchie. She’s organizing another movie time.
Isabella: Hey James, can I ask you something?
James: Of course.
Isabella: If our parents hadn’t organized that dinner and we never had our little reunion. Would you forget me?
James: It’s been nine year Isa, I would never forget you.
Isabella: :) Thanks James, that really means a lot to me. You’ll always be my best friend.
James: Even better than Mitchie?
Isabella: When it comes to girls, Mitchie’s my best friend. But now that I’ve seen you again, everything is just so much easier.
James: It’s funny and I’m gonna sound like a total girl, but I feel the same.
Isabella: LOL, you don’t sound like a girl. You just sound like James. Exactly how I remember him.
James: Good to know I’m still the same old boring person :P
Isabella: Well you make me feel better. :)
James: Yay! *rolls eyes* I better go though. I’ve got... math’s homework *shudder*
Isabella: Haha, I’m sure you’ll survive. You know I can help you with that stuff if you want.
James: Yeah?
Isabella: Yeah! My mum was gonna come over tomorrow to bring your mum back her clothes, but I can come too and we can do homework.
James: Nine years and we’re wasting our time with homework?
Isabella: Do your homework with me and you’ll be ton ten times faster than you normally would have. Then we can go to the park and kick the footy around. I think it’s a great idea. We can pick up right where we left off.
James: Well when you put it that way it doesn’t sound too bad.
Isabella: Of course it doesn’t. But I gotta go too, my mum’s calling.
James: Okay, bye.
Isabella: We’ll talk later. Cya xx.

Isabella has signed off.

School didn’t seem so bad anymore. Once I had finished off my homework. Well, done as much as I could, which wasn’t really much at all. I dove under my bed in search of an old shoe box. When I pulled it out there were cobwebs lining the top and dust had settled everywhere else. I pulled off the lid and banged it against the leg of my bed; a spider crawled out of hiding and squashed it with the lid.

I smiled I saw the old photo album. It consisted of photos of me and Isabella. After she moved away I was too say to leave the photos on display, so my mum bought me a photo album to put them in for safe keeping. I turned the first page and there was a picture of me and Isabella in a sand box at our kindergarten, age 4. We both looked so happy. That was the same day a boy poured a bucket of sand over Isabella’s head. I punched him in the stomach and was sent home early. Turned out he had a crush on her and after that everybody was too afraid to like Isa, they thought I would kill them if they even so much as looked at her. And they were right. I was really protective of her, even as a little kid.

I spent the rest of the night looking through the pictures and laughing at the old times. My life would be so different now if they had never stopped. Isabella would still be my best friend. I probably never would have gotten involved Jacob. We could‘ve been a threesome with Cooper. But things did change and that was something I’d just have to learn to live with.

~~~~~

The next morning I woke up to a ringing. I yawned and grabbed my phone off my bedside table.

“Hello?”

“Hey man!”

Oh my god, it was Jacob, Jacob never called me. Something must be up, “Jacob, what’s happening man?”

“Nothing, I was just wondering how Isabella was.”

Of course, it had to be about a girl. “She’s fine. She’s coming over today, we’re gonna study.”

“Oh cool, you mind if I tag along? I’ve been falling behind.” Okay so it was about Isabella, but Jacob, wanting to do homework for a girl? This was so not normal. I’ve never known Jacob to go around chasing girl; usually it was the other way around like with Sierra.

“Uh, sure dude I guess.”

“Awesome, I’ll see you at school then.”

“Yeah bye,” I shut my phone. Things were getting complicated.
♠ ♠ ♠
I almost didn't get on the computer to post this chapter. it's too hot to do anything and my mother thought the computer might melt.

I just fixed up this chapter, I have no idea how my smiley faces turned into squares.