How I Missed You.

Rain Check.

Isabella

“I can’t believe you bailed on me last Saturday Isabella,” Mitchie sighed shifting in her seat.

“I know and I’m sorry,” I told her sincerely, “but I really was sick, I swear.”

“Yeah I know you would never stand me up like that on purpose Isa, but I really could’ve used your advice.”

“On what? Whatever advice I give you, you always end up doing the opposite thing!” I cried.

“Yeah, but you telling me what to do is like telling me what I shouldn’t do,” she explained and I rolled my eyes. Mitchie was the best at insulting someone without realising it.

It was Wednesday afternoon and we were taking the bus to the Shopping centre on the other side of town. Mitchie wanted a new outfit for her next date with Josh tomorrow after school.

“Here’s our stop,” Mitchie said as the bus pull up. We hopped off along with a bunch of other people and made our way around the corner to the shopping centre. It was by far the biggest complex of different shops in the state and we loved going there when we wanted a change of scenery. “Where to first?”

“How about the bathroom?” I attempted a smile.

“Of course you would need to go,” Mitchie giggled at my displeasure.

“Come on,” I sighed grabbing her hand and leading her to the escalator.

~~~~~

“Are you sure about that dress?”

“Of course I’m sure, they look great with your shoes, you said so yourself,” I laughed.

“What?”

“This is the first time you’ve ever taken my advice seriously.”

Mitchie smiled, “Yeah well maybe your fashion sense has improves since the last time we went shopping together. Did you get your mum to give you a few tips?” She nudged me.

I rolled my eyes and dug into my cheeseburger. We were sitting in the food court over looking the car park. We always situated ourselves there because we loved watching the people go buy and Mitchie wanted to see if the drivers were hot. Sometimes I looked too. I heard my phone go off and dropped my burger to fish it out of my bag.

“Hey,” I gasped and lifted my head up so fast it almost banged against the table. I recognized that voice and when I lifted my head up I saw none other than James’s friends and standing at the head was Jacob.

“Jacob? What are you doing here?”

“Oh, hey Isabella. I didn’t know you shopped here,” The boy I recognized as Cooper said.

“Not all the time, but they have different shops here.”

Mitchie, who had been staring between me and Jacob, Cooper, Reese and Craig in apparent fascination finally spoke,” You know each other?”

“Um... Yeah. Mitchie this is Jacob, Cooper, Reese and Craig,” I pointed to each in turn,” they’re friends of a friend of mine.” Wow, I never thought I’d ever say that.

“What friend?”

“An old friend. I just saw him on Friday after nine years,” I told her in a small voice.

“Him?”

“That’s where I was on Saturday. We got sick so me and my mum stayed over at his house.”

“You stayed over?” Jacob asked.

“Who’s he?” Mitchie cried.

“James,” I said, not knowing how to explain it.

“So you’ve know this ‘James’ for practically your whole life and after nine years only just mention him because his friends happen to be in the same shopping centre as us?”

I nodded looking down.

“Is he cute?”

“Mitchie!” I slapped her on the shoulder, relived at my escape.

“What?” she defended, “so these are his friends then?”

“Yes,” I nodded again, “I met them on Saturday.”

“So you ditched me for these guys?”

“No! Not on purpose, but your house was over two hours away!”

“I know, I know,” she dismissed, clearly over it. She now appeared to me more interested in James’s friends, Jacob especially.

“Where is James?” I asked them.

“Bathroom,” Craig informed me while Reese burst into laughter, clearly going to the bathroom was some what of a joke.

“He’ll be back soon,” Cooper continued.

I took another bite out of my burger for something to do.

“So when you free?” Jacob asked.

“Hmmm?”

“You know, the movie,” he rolled his eyes like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Which if I had been thinking about it, it might have been. But truth be told I had completely forgotten it the moment I was in my mother’s car driving away from James’s house.

“Oh right. Whenever I guess.”

“What movie?” Mitchie asked, the other guys looked confused to, clearly Jacob hadn’t mentioned it to any of them.

“We’re going to see a movie sometime this week,” Jacob informed her, “You want in?”

“Sure,” turning to me, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I forgot!”

“Bella!” A voice from behind startled me and almost tipped over my drink turning to see who it was.

“James,” I cried in delight.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Shopping,” I told him.

He looked up at his friends and Jacob began explaining that it was mere coincidence that they bumped into us.

“This is Mitchie,” I told him.

“He is cute,” she muttered under her breath so only me and Jacob could hear, “Hi.”

“Hey. I was wondering when I’d get to meet you,” James smiled.

Mitchie turned to me and lifted her eyebrows.

“So I was just discussing with Isabella,” Jacob spoke, he had been unusually quiet. And I know I say that after only knowing him a few days, but he wouldn’t shut up when we were doing our homework yesterday, “about that movie.”

“Oh right,” James nodded, “Friday sounds good to me.” Cooper, Craig and Reese all nodded their agreement.

“Friday it is!” Mitchie cried. And Jacob nodded silently. There was something up with that boy and I could tell by the look on James’s face that I was right.

We all decided to meet in front of the cinema at 5:00 on Friday after school and Mitchie insisted that she bring Josh. I was curious to see if Jamie and Shane would come. They didn’t have persistent girlfriends insisting they show up. Jacob seemed slightly crestfallen when he found out that Mitchie was taken but he was still smiling as we made our goodbyes and me and Mitchie made our way back outside to the bus stop.

“That Jacob was super cute,” Mitchie gushed as we waited for the next bus to arrive.

“Mitchie, I thought you were in love with Josh!”

“Yeah, I know, I know. One boy at a time. But that doesn’t mean I can’t look at him. He had great hair don’t you think?”

I laughed, nodding in agreement. He did have great hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okie, here's another chapter. I was up last night thinking about where the story's gonna go and I think I've got myself an ending, hopefully you'll think it's a happy one.