How I Missed You.

The Test

I got to school we just two minutes to spare before I get my third detention in a row, for being late. It wasn't fun, being the only kid in my year level who the teachers hated. At least, that's how I saw it. I used to be such a good kid, before, well you know. When it changed.

My first class was Math's, great! Math's was the only class I had that was on the far side of the school, the furthest away from my locker. I grabbed my books and headed towards H block.

As I turned the corner, I heard someone calling my name. "Hey! James, wait up!" It was Cooper. My best friend now. He had moved to my school just two years after Bella had left. So i guess you could say, I had been a loner for two years, the worst time of my life.

"Hey, Coop!" I called behind my shoulder. i kept walking as he ran to keep up.

"Hey! Man," he panted, "Math's, woo! Can't believe it!"

What? Sometimes I had no idea what my friend was talking about, he was so weird, beyond weird."Yeah," I said, "It's really amazing that we have Math's like we do every week!" Sometimes I felt that my friend had a mental disorder, but then he wouldn't have good grades. he was so much smarter than me, but i didn't let that get me down. i always had him to cheat off, when the time came.

We headed to Math's, passing people I've know since I was a kid and others who i didn't even recognize by face.

The one thing i liked about Math's, was the fact that our teacher was always late. We called her Ma'am, everyone did. No one knew her name.

"Alright class, books on the floor," Ma'am said as soon as we walked in the room. "You have a test.

The whole class groaned in unison, as we took our seats. The test was short, but hard and I guessed the last few questions. Cooper speed through it and was the first to finish.

At the end of class, Ma'am held me back. "James? I need to speak to you about you grades, please."

"Sure," I replied, walking over.

"I need you give this to your mother to sign," she handed me a piece of paper, "To let her know your failing."

Oh, man! How was i going to break this to mum. I walked out of the classroom with a sulky face. how could this be happening?