How I Missed You.

Did you ever think that maybe you were wrong?

I strolled down the sidewalk on my way to the park, and no, I wasn’t meeting anyone there, I just needed time to think. This past week had been really eventful, seeing Isabella again, her meeting my friends and me meeting hers and now all this stuff with Jacob had my head to exploding point. Sometimes I wished that my mum had never organized this meeting with Julie and I had never seen Isabella again. Then again I wished that we had never been split apart in the first place. I walked into the park; it was virtually empty except for a few owners and their dogs, throwing around sticks or Frisbees and the stray runner. I plopped myself down under one of the big Eucalypt trees and stuck my earphones in my ears, cranking the volume up on my iPod. Music was a good thinking tool; it cleared your head and made you forget.

“Can I join you?” A voice asked.

I looked up to see Arianna, “Sure why not?”

“Thanks,” she sat down next to me, her back leaning against the tree.

“What are you doing here?”

“I’m walking my dog,” she said, pointing to a little girl and a Labrador running to catch a Frisbee before it landed. “You?”

“No real reason, just bored I guess,” I shrugged.

“Do you often come here when you’re bored?”

“Sometimes,” I said, shutting off my iPod and shoving it in pocket then settling to look up at the sky.

“Right. So what’s bothering you?” She asked all knowingly.

“How do you know something’s bothering me?”

“Because you didn’t deny it,” she smiled, “so what’s up?”

I sighed, it couldn’t hurt to tell her; maybe she’d give me some good advice. “Isabella.”

“Who?” she turned; leaning her side against the tree so she could look at me better.

“This girl.”

“Ooh, a crush?” she giggled.

“Not mine, Jacob’s.”

“Jacob’s?”

“Yeah,” I sighed and began telling her all about Isabella.

“Wow, that must have tough,” she said after I was finished, “and Jacob’s gone and fallen for her. Sierra will be devastated.”

“Be serious.”

“Sorry, sorry,” she smiled, “I don’t know what to tell you James. They’re their own people, you’ve gotta let them make their own decisions, whether they’re right or wrong.”

“But I can’t just stand around knowing that something bad is just around the corner!”

“You’re worried about how it’s going to turn out for you?”

“Why does everyone keep saying that?” I muttered to myself, “And for everyone else. You know what happens when Jacob’s mad!”

“He takes it out on everyone around him, I know,” she took a deep breath.

“So what should I do?”

“Nothing.”

“Nothing? That’s your big idea?”

“Uh huh,” she nodded, getting up. “Seems to me like someone may be a little jealous,” she smiled the bent down and gave me a soft kiss on the cheek before walking off towards her sister and dog.

I touched my cheek, so much for support. Frustrated I got up from my spot on the ground, shoving my earphones back in my ears and started jogging down the footpath. Arianna really annoyed me, I expected her to give me some advice, she was more than willing to when it come to my friendship with Jacob, but when I actually wanted advice she kept her mouth shut. I didn’t want to see either of my friend’s get hurt, especially if it meant I was going to be in the middle of the situation. If Jacob got in any way rejected I was going to get the blame.

~~~~~

Monday came before I was ready for it and with Monday came school and another detention because I failed to complete my homework. I didn’t see why we needed it any way, my mother pays for me to learn for six hours at crappy public school, not to come home from a shitty day and sit down to learn. Of course my mother didn’t mind, homework keeps your mind active apparently.

I walked to my first period class which naturally was Math’s I was early today not having fallen asleep last night. I was still thinking about Jacob and Isabella. I know I should probably stop, it’s not really any of my business but I couldn’t help myself.

As I walked in I saw Cooper sitting at the back of the class room, book out and writing. I walked over to my friend and dumped my stuff to the right of him.

“Hey,” he said without looking up. I saw that he was doing some Math’s problems and laughed to myself.

“Hey, how was your weekend?” I asked him sitting down.

He looked up from his work, “It was alright; my parents dragged me to the beach with some family friends. I spent the whole babysitting some dumb five year olds.”

“Sucks.”

“Yeah, but I got paid,” he nodded.

“Of course you did,” I chuckled.

“How about yours?”

“Meh, not too bad. Stayed home all weekend doing nothing,” nothing but thinking about Jacob and Isabella.

“Cool.”

Surprisingly Math’s went by quickly and I managed to get all thoughts of Isabella and Jacob out of my head but being stumped by some hard Algebra equations. Cooper helped me out and we left for our lockers together after we’d been dismissed.

“So what’s up with Jacob?” He asked as we fiddled with our locks.

“You noticed too huh?”

“Yeah,” she scoffed, “who didn’t? He was acting all happy, too happy.”

“I know right?”

“So do you know wrong?”

“I think he’s in love,” Reese popped his head around the corner looking into our locker bay.

“With who?” Cooper asked as Reese and Craig joined us by our lockers.

“Isabella!” Craig danced around in a circle, “Or whatever her name is.”

Cooper turned to me, “Your Isabella?” I nodded, “But she doesn’t like him, does she?”

I shook my head, “I don’t think so.”

Cooper let out a long breath followed by a whistle. “He’ll blame you is she rejects him.”

“I know.”

As we walked to the oval Jacob came from behind us and smacked me on the back before putting his arm over my shoulder while Cooper, Reese and Craig ran off to play football.

“I think she likes me,” he beamed at me.

“Who?” I asked pretending not to know.

“Isabella,” he smirked.

“Oh wow.”

“Has she said anything to you?”

“Nope. I guess she’s not saying anything cos she doesn’t know how you feel,” shit why did I say that?

“Yeah probably. Girls are so self conscious.” I nodded in agreement. “Next time I see her I’m going to ask her out. We still studying on Tuesday?”

“I think so, but I’ll have to ask Isa.” I really hope she cancels.

“I’m feeling really good about this one James, none of the girls at our school could ever compare to Isabella.” He winked, “Smoking body.”

My anger flared, so that’s why he liked her! But before I could say anything he had run off to join in the game of football.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter should've been up yesterday but I was out all day and this is the only chance I'll get to post today because I'm going out again.
Thanks for reading :D