How I Missed You.

The Phone Call

I went home that day dreading what was about to unfold.

"James!" Mum called for me in the dinning room. i walked in with a heavy head. "i got a call from the school today, you've had a test."

Crap! Clearly ma'am didn't trust me. I sat down in the chair opposite my mum.

"Oh, no! Your going upstairs to study" I handed hr the note and left the room. What a crap day! "Oh, and James!" I turned, "if your grades don't get better, then that car you were hoping for, well lets just say you won't be getting it."

I stomped up the stairs. I knew mum didn't mean it. It was the only thing she had to hold against me. She just wanted my grades to go up. But I was still so mad. I hated school I hated everything!

That night i heard mum talking on the phone. I was sat on the stairs reading. Reading! I know, you wouldn't think I'd like to read, but yeah. it was the only way to escape from my crappy life and everything that went with it.

Mum was in the living room, talking to who knows. i caught a few words.
"How's she doing?"
Oh, that's too bad"
"It's the same with James, he hasn't been to good"
"You know, I think your on to something!"
"Well that's a great idea!"
"Oh, that's perfect, he'll be so excited"
"yes he's still got the old photos!"

The conversation basically continued like that for around another hour. I wasn't quite sure what they were talking about, but I knew one thing for sure, It was about me and some other person. i didn't know who though. And there was this one question playing on my mind. What was I going to be so excited about?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, please?
=D