How I Missed You.

Pessimistic

James

I jumped when my phone went off. Scooping it up I walked back over to Jamie, Isabella wasn’t here, I didn’t need to look to know that.

“Hello,” I huffed.

“James, honey? It’s me. Get Jamie and head back, it’s getting late.” It was, the sun had almost completely set and lit the sky on fire.

I sighed, “Kay.”

We slowly made our way back to Isabella’s house, looking up occasionally, just incase Isabella was there.

“I’m going this way, my mum will be worried about me,” Jamie said, turning at the corner.

“Yeah okay, I’ll tell Julie where you went. If you see Isa-“

“I’ll call, you too?”

“Definitely,” I nodded. Jamie wasn’t such a bad guy, maybe, if we found Isabella- no wait, when, when we found Isabella, we could be friends. Maybe go see a movie or something.

I trudged up the driveway to where my mum was waiting with Julie. “No sign?” the asked in unison.

I shook my head and their heads hung low. I wondered if I should tell them about the phone call. But why worry them? There was no way we could pull together $200,000 in one week. Even if we all pulled together, it was a lost cause. Okay so I was acting pessimistic, but who’s going to be happy when their best friend gets kidnapped? I already spent nine years away from her; I never thought we’d be separated again.

“I’ll call you when we get home,” My mum said, hugging Julie for the last time, “Don’t worry Jules, we’ll find her, I promise.”

I don’t think that’s a promise you’re entitled to make mum, I told her silently.

“Come on Jimmy, we’ll come back tomorrow. I’ll give you the day off school.”

I smiled a grim smile; nothing could make me happy today.

Isabella

I’d seen it on movies all the time. An unsuspecting child gets kidnapped, no one thinks they’re alive, because they’re so helpless and scared of the dark; miraculously they escape and inform the police of their kidnapper’s whereabouts before coming home to their crying families. I may be a girl, but I’m not helpless. I am scared though, that’s for certain, but isn’t it true that fear makes you stronger? I hope so. I’m not scared of the dark, but being in the dark, not able to see my own hand waving in front of my face made escape almost impossible. If I’d been blind from birth maybe I’d have a chance, but I relied too much on my eyes to live and now without them I was useless. I guess I should be thankful no one else is trapped with me; then again maybe we could help each other to escape. No, that’s selfish, wishing another person harm for my own benefit. Just like my kidnapper, he said he’d be rich because of me. Did that mean he had contacted my mother? He had my phone and all the numbers. Perhaps he knew my mother in the first place. But who was the son? The one who would be proud, he must be a pretty sick person if he wanted his father to kidnap someone. Maybe the son knew me and this was he attempt at revenge, I must have been pretty horrible to him if he wanted me kidnapped. I racked my brain thinking of the people I had hurt. From memory the only people I had hurt were in revenge. If only I could see my kidnappers face, maybe I could recognise him. Not that that would be any help, just give me my last piece of knowledge before I died of starvation in this pit of despair. Pessimistic much?

I hung my head. I didn’t know if it was night or day or how much time had passed since I was first kidnapped, but I did know that I wasn’t getting out of here any time soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay sorry for the wait, I had a mild case of writer's block. I tried posting this last night, but the internet was acting up.