How I Missed You.

Plans

James

I banged the door shut. That must have been the worst day in the history of worst days. We found out our Methods test results, mine was a fail, again. Ma’am made me stay in during lunch to redo the test; I can’t say I did any better. I hate math’s!

I stomped up the stairs, mum looked up, I think she was about to say something about doing homework, but thought twice about it.
I didn’t bother with homework when I got upstairs. Mum would come check on me soon, so I might as well make the most of my time.
I switched on my laptop and headed straight to MySpace, no one was on, damn! And I really needed to talk to someone, just go on a rant or something, to clear my head, but oh well! I heard the sound of feet on the stairs and switched of the laptop, time for homework.

I must have stayed up until 11:30 that night, not very late compared to my usual time, but I was doing homework. I had a report on the middle ages and this other load of crap. I wrote a few sentences the stopped, what did I know about the Middle Ages? I closed my book deciding that I would finish that tomorrow.

The sheep started banging on the window. They were trying to get in! They wanted to kill me--!
“—Aaaaah,” I jumped out of bed, landing on the floor and hitting my head on the bed. What a wacky dream, I hadn’t screamed in my sleep since, well since ever.

The bedroom door banged open and I heard my mum shouting, “What? What is it? Who’s there? Is it burglars?” Mum screamed, holding a saucepan over her head.

“Mum?! Whoa, relax, breath, I just had a nightmare.” Still sprawled on the ground, my head aching, I stretched up and turned on my bedside table lamp.

“Oh, well, that a…. well, “Mum looked relieved and very embarresed. She walked over to my bed and helped me up, “Young man, don’t frighten me like that!”

“Not to worry Ma’am, I promise never to have a nightmare ever again,” I saluted.

Mum left the room then and I heard here walk down the stairs and put the saucepan back in the kitchen. I climbed back into bed. That was a weird dream, I lent over the bed and switched the lamp back off.

I knew I used to be afraid of sheep when I was little. It all started when I read that series of books, “Wicked” I didn’t know they had affected me that much. I mean I wasn’t afraid of them anymore, was I?
Leaving that thought in the back f my mind I fell into a now dreamless sleep.

The alarm woke me up next morning, luckily. It was 7:00am and I was down stairs eating breakfast. Mum wasn’t up yet so I had the house to myself for a while. I poured my self some Nutri Grain and helped myself to a biscuit out of the cookie jar. My favorite, chocolate.

As I sat eating breakfast I noticed a note on the calendar, ‘Dinner with James and… at 6:00pm.’ Dinner? Since when were we having dinner and on Friday? I was planning to go over to Cooper’s house that day and study. After all, mum did want my grades to improve. Why was she going off and making dinner reservations without telling me? Mum was acting very strange all of a sudden.

I turned my attention back to my cereal, soggy, great! I picked through the mush and got myself some juice from the fridge. After I gulped it down I went to brush my teeth. At eight, I left for school, way to early, but at least I’d get to school on time.