How I Missed You.

Awkward Small Talk

Walking to P.E, my favourite subject, I was thinking about Arianna. Don’t ask me why, but for some reason I was kinda attracted to her. She wasn’t like the other girls, the only thing they had going for them was their looks. Arianna seemed genuine. In a way I guess she kinda reminded me of Isabella. Even though Isa must have changed since I last saw her. I still thought of her as my seven year old friend.

“Hey Jimmy,” Cooper waved to me.

“Hey man,” I walked over and we entered the changing rooms together. Thinking back to the time when Jacob had tricked Cooper into thinking that the girls change rooms were actually the guys change rooms; I burst out laughing.

“Dude, what’s so funny?” Reese asked as he dumped his stuff next to mine.

“Ah, nothing. Memory’s I guess.”

Both Reese and Cooper looked at me like I was crazy. I guess I might seem that way.

~~~~~

“Alrighty boys lets get to it. I want you to split into two teams,” Mr. Hunter said.

Everyone groaned, me too. We had only just sat down.

I went in a team with Cooper, Reese, Jacob, Craig and these two other guys I wouldn’t normally associate with.

The other team was a bunch of guys that looked as if they didn’t want to be here.

A few minutes later the ball was bounced and we started playing my favourite game, Aussie Rules Football.

Later on I regretted going in a team with Jacob, I should’ve known better. Jacob was the biggest ball hog on the planet; I barely got the ball once. We did win thanks to Jacob, but it just wasn’t as satisfactory.

“Great game guys,” Jacob slapped me on the back.

“Yeah, great game.” I dragged my feet over towards the vending machine and got myself some sprite. If I wanted water I would’ve brought some from home.

Looking up I saw Arianna walked out of the drama room. I waved.

“Oh, hey James,” she said, walking over to me, “Had fun in P.E?”

“Yeah, drama?” I sucked at small talk.

“It was fine I guess, our teacher wasn’t here so we didn’t really do anything.” She was better than me.

“Hey Jimmy!” I heard Craig calling to me.

“I better go,” I said awkwardly.

“Yeah you better,” it was almost sarcastic.

Looking back over my shoulder I saw Arianna looking back at me, almost pity in her eyes.