Sequel: The Forbidden Baby

Daddy's Little Doll.

I forget the malls name.

I woke up around eight and packed all of Maybell’s things along with some extra things. My shower was quick and getting us ready was quick too. I left the house around nine thirty and made it to the meeting place at nine forty. I was twenty minutes early but I waited on the bench at the American Eagle store.

I began to tap lightly on Maybell’s stroller just dazing out.

“Ma.” She said looking around. She had never been to the mall before. Being here on Black Friday might have been a bad idea. Tons of strangers in a big place. I should have thought it out better.

“What?” I smiled at her and she tapped her lips. I had forgotten to feed her. I got out a bottle and gave it to her. She was happily eating when I felt a tap on my right shoulder. I looked to my right and saw no one.

When I looked to my left I saw Dylan standing behind the bench with a huge smile plastered on the gorgeous face of his.

“I’m glad you came.” He said now walking around the bench and sat next to me leaving little distance between us. Although, I felt feelings creeping up, just waiting to bite me in the ass, I held a stern face.

“I’m here, you see me.” I said then looked at Maybell.

“And her.” From the corner of my eye I saw him smiling at her. She looked confused.

“She looks just like me.” He said, I smiled without meaning to.

“I wish she looked like me.” I commented under my breath.

“Why? So she can look just as gorgeous as you?” It was one of the cheesiest things I ever heard.

“No, so that I wouldn’t have to remember she’s half of you.”

“That’s really hurtful.” He said. It showed on his face too.

“What’s hurtful is that you didn’t come and talk to me. You know, I can get you in trouble with the law for that?” I said trying to keep a serious conversation. I didn’t want to fall for him again. He was a year younger then I.

“I know and I’m sorry. About ignoring and saying all those harsh things. I was scared.”

“I was scared since I was born but you don’t see me running away.” He shut up right then and there. He didn’t speak for a while.

“I’m sorry.”

“Sorry isn’t good enough. What’s worse is that I even tried to talk to you about some options and you didn’t write back.” I retorted back to him.

“I was scared out of my wits.”

“I cried every time I thought about you. Which felt like every god damn second.” I said feeling tears burning my eyes waiting to drip down my face.

“Shit.” I mumbled getting up trying to wipe at my eyes. Dylan got up and tried to hug me.

“Don’t touch me.” I said in a choking voice. I heard Maybell starting to cry and I bend down to her. I put away the bottle and replaced it with a pacifier. She still cried over it and I started to push her stroller away from him.

“Peyton.” Dylan said following after me. I was still pushing the stroller when I turned around and said,

“Leave me alone!”

I started pushing the stroller again and bumped into someone. When I turned my head to see who it was, I was shocked to see Marc. Maybell cried harder and reached her small hands out to Marc. He stood there looking surprised.

“Marc?” I said wiping my eyes a little. He looked at me and his face went from surprise to anger.

“What’s the matter?” He asked taking Maybell out of the stroller now holding her to him. She started to quiet up and just sniffled. Dylan wrapped his arms around me.

“Nothing is wrong, she’s just a little upset.” He said. I got out of his embrace and looked down.

“Peyton, did you sleep well last night? You look exhausted. You should go home and get some rest.” Marc said now bouncing Maybell on his side. Dylan glared at Marc but I hardly noticed it.

“How old are you, Sir?” Dylan asked.

“Old enough to kick your ass and get in trouble for it.” Marc said in a cheerful tone with a smile. His face said he was happy but the rest of him looked ready for a brawl. Marc then directed his attention to me and his demeanor became softer. It felt so kind. I wanted to bask in it.

“Are you okay, Peyton?” I nodded my head giving a small smile.

“I remember you,” Dylan said breaking into our conversation. “You were at the game with Peyton.” He finally realized he had seen him before.

“Yes, you have. I can only imagine since you are with Peyton and Maybell you have something to do with Maybell?” Marc said sending an icy look back to Dylan who was giving him a heated look.

Why was Marc angry with him?

“Yeah, I do. I’m Peyton’s firs t love and Maybell is my daughter.” Dylan sounded high and mighty. Marc’s face went into a frown.

“So young and immature. Peyton you could have dating so much better.” Marc said. Dylan’s face turned crimson and his hands clenched into fist. I felt like everyone was gazing at us. Black Friday was the best time for two men to have a fight. Yeah, right. I bet they felt the intense aura around us.

“I am the best for Peyton and Maybell. I will amend for my ways and be a great father for her.” My heart skipped a beat and I felt my face heat in a blush.

“A pile of stick could be a better father then you ever could.” Marc said in a very cold voice. Dylan took a step forward and I took a step between them.

“That’s enough out the two of you.” I said glaring at the pair. I stepped in front of Marc taking Maybell from him.

“You are older than he is and you’re stooping down to a high school kids level.” I turned to Dylan now and he was starting to look justified. As I put Maybell in her stroller I spoke to him.

“And you,” He pointed to himself as if I could have been speaking to anyone else. “You are supposed to be a role model for your daughter. You need to stop being a little boy and grow up. If you do not do so, I won’t let you see her again.” I made sure our eyes were connected for when I said it. I saw his adams apple move in a swallow.

Maybell was starting to whine and I brushed her hair back kissing the top of her head calming her.

“Maybell misses you, can you come over later possibly? I think I am going home to nap.” I said with a smile to Marc. He gave a small smile back nodding his head.

“I’ll try to make it over there before seven. If something comes up I have your home phone to call.”

“Thank you,” I said then faced Dylan. “Dylan, call me later or something okay?” I said finding it hard to keep my eyes on him after I wrung him out. He looked away but nodded.

“I’ll leave first.” I said then pushed Maybell away. As I was putting Maybell in the car I heard someone calling out my name. It was Dylan.

“What is it?” I said shutting the door after strapping her in. He panted a little before looking at my face.

“Something to remember me by.” He said as he caressed my face leaning in. He kissed me quickly with a smile. I stood there shocked as he walked away. I could only wave back to him as he left. As soon as I could not see him anymore I got into my car. I couldn’t even turn it on before I broke down in a heap of tears.

“Ma.” Maybell said. I couldn’t help but ignore her as my vision became blurred remembering the last thing we always did before we left camp. A small kiss that had you waiting for the next summer camp year.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments.
=] :p XD