Sequel: The Forbidden Baby

Daddy's Little Doll.

She thinks of him as a novel star.

I was in the psychiatric ward. The smell of medicine swarmed around here so much that I was forced to puke in a bin. Now I felt peachy keen. When I found out I had a male doctor I asked to be switched to a female one. I swore I wasn’t trying to pick her up. I had no visitation rights what so ever. Oddly, I was fine with that.

I spent my time looking out the window from my bed. They asked me once if my friends knew I was in here and I gave a scoff. As I looked out the window today I saw it was snowing. I always did like snow. I wondered if Maybell was playing in it. I hoped that Dylan’s parents had enough clothing and food for her. I wouldn’t want to bother them.

She was a big responsibility.

I hoped she hadn’t walked yet. I wanted to see her walking first. Selfish, sure. But I was her mother. I wanted to see her do everything.

With that I came to the sad realization that if I had died I wouldn’t be able to do any of that. I didn’t care that my doctor and nurse were there. I cried my eyes out. She would grow up motherless like me and when my mother had died she couldn’t have helped it.

With me it was being a fucking asshole. I hid my face behind my hair.

“You okay?” I heard the nurse say and I shook my head. She rubbed my back lightly.

“What ails you?”

“I miss my mother and my daughter.” I said in a sob.

“You’re only eighteen and you have a daughter?”

“Yes, the father visited me the other day.”

“Oh you mean the tall handsome one that looks like he stepped out of a romance novel?” She said making me laugh a little.

“No, the dumb adolescent who needs to act more mature.”

“I see, past mistake?” She asked carefully. I just nodded my head.

“Happiest mistake of my life. Summer camp is very bad none the less.”

“Tell me about it, I was once a counselor. What a shit job that was.” We shared a small laugh.

“I should have never went to that damn summer camp my last year. I wasn’t planning on going. I didn’t want to see him sad at our last parting.”

“You older than him?” I nodded.

“By a couple months or so.”

“So, he’s just a baby too.”

“Yup, he needs to grow up too. I do as well because I need to think before I act. It’s just… I was pushed over the edge a while ago.”

“What pushed you?”

“A man.”

“That handsome one that came?”

“No, someone I knew way longer.” I said fiddling with my fingers looking down.

“Was he harming you physically?” I nodded not able to met her eyes.

“Anything else.” I put my head farther down. She got the picture and knew I didn’t want to talk about it.

“Hungry?” She asked. I nodded my head. She patted my shoulder as she went to get food. I laid down looking out of the window again. I hoped the snow would sick and that my father ran into a tree on his way home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments.
=] :P XD