If thoughts could kill

Thinking

Its amazing how many things a single person can think about without anyone around them knowing that they exist.

A person can think of many strange and random thinks that could in-fact help us as the human race. So imagine you could hear everyones thoughts around you? Would you listen and help them? Or would you keep it a secret and not mention anything to anyone about this extra ordinary power of yours?

Thats a choice someone would need time to think about. To be known as a superhero or not? Or to be known as Earths very own freak, ready to have some weirdos in white coats do some crazy tests on your perfectly functional brain.

Sounds like a hard choice to me.

But as every person older than you will tell you, "Every choice has consequence."
That must be the most annoying saying the the universe. Simply because it makes you stop and think if what you're doing is right or are you just a complete idiot?

I can honestly say most of the times that I asked myself that question I came up with the second answer, but that didn't stop me. OK maybe sometimes what did ended up hurting me in the end but I got over it and moved on to the next thing that, I knew, would hurt me. You would think i would learn my lesson hey? Guess not.

So any who back to the hearing of other peoples thoughts. Would it be rude? Knowing that persons every idea or secret, knowing their entire life before you even meet them? I think its bloody rude!

But could you ignore them? Just tune out and not hear? Ha I wish you could! That would have made my life a millions times better, not having to hear all the stupid thoughts of desire or lust that fill the heads of people around me.

As I thought, the darkest around me returned and my thoughts of the day, became dreams of the night.