Status: In Progress

Love Me Tender

Blue Scarf.

[Loreigh's POV]

I'm so excited because right now my best friend, Frandy and I are on our way to see Tom Bartlett. For those who do not know, Tom Bartlett is one of the most amazing Elvis impersonators in the world. That is not an exaggeration either. He is the most sought after Elvis impersonator out there.

Frandy scored some tickets and surprised me for my birthday. I've been a huge Elvis fan for as long as I can remember. My mother was a big fan of his before she passed away and I guess I learned it from her.

Frandy is also a pretty big Elvis fan. Well, I mean... she and I have been best friends since before I can remember.

She is easily the smartest person I know. She's been into science and all of that since kindergarten. She's an evil genious. When she was just five years old she started working on a time machine. I remember us sitting there one day and out of nowhere she said, "I'm going to go build a time machine."

I really just thought she was joking, but now here we are.... fourteen years later and she's still working on it. She says she's getting very close to finishing it. I am nowhere near as smart as she is, I couldn't even begin to fathom everything that she's been doing to create that thing. I don't know. Some people don't believe in time travel... they haven't met my best friend. She's probably 1,000 times smarter than Einstein. I believe she can do it.

We pulled into the parking lot of the arena and I looked at the clock. We're about an hour and a half early, but it's general admission, so I wanted to make sure we got good seats.

I pulled into the closest parking space I could find, and climbed out of the car. Frandy and I walked and stood at the end of the line. There aren't that many people here yet, though I'm sure there will be.

"Good thing we got here early." Frandy said as a large bus pulled into the parking lot.

Looks like I was right. I'm going to guesstimate and say that 800,000 people got off of that bus just now.

[TIME ELAPSE]

We were sitting in the front row of the Tom Bartlett show, it really is a good thing we got here that early. We got in fast enough to be able to grab front row center seats.

Tom was in the middle of singing one of my favorite Elvis songs, Heartbreak Hotel.

He finished the last verse of the song and walked to the side of the stage. There was a woman standing there who handed him a blue, silk scarf just like the one he was wearing. He wiped his face, neck, and chest on the scarf and then turned his attention back to the audience.

"It has come to my attention that there is a birthday girl in here tonight. Apparently, she's been a fan of Elvis since before she could even walk. Today is her birthday, and her best friend wanted it to be special. I'd like for Loreigh Burnadette to come to the stage please."

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed as I looked over at Frandy, "What did you do?!"

"I'll tell you later, you better get your butt up there!" she replied, laughing.

I stood up from my seat and everyone in the audience applauded. I was directed to the side of the stage where the stairs were and told to go up them and onto the stage. I did as I was told.

When I got onto the stage, Tom asked me to sit on a stool in the center of the stage. I could feel my cheeks get hot, I knew I was blushing. Tom put his arm around my shoulders and looked deep into my eyes.

He began singing.

"Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go.
You have made my life complete,
And I love you so.

Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled.
For my darlin I love you,
And I always will."


The whole time he was singing the song, he looked into my eyes. He didn't look away, not even once.

"Love me tender,
Love me long,
Take me to your heart.
For its there that I belong,
And will never part.

Love me tender,
Love me dear,
Tell me you are mine.
Ill be yours through all the years,
Till the end of time."


He finished up the song and pulled me into his chest, closing his arms around me in a hug. He kissed me gently and ever so soflty on the cheek, and as he did so he placed the scarf around my neck.

"Happy Birthday!" he said into the microphone.
♠ ♠ ♠
If no one comments the story,
then I'll delete it.

I'm very excited about this one,
so, don't let me down.

Comment it if you read it.