Status: In Progress

Love Me Tender

Elvis Presley. June 1956.

[Loreigh's POV]

"Today's the day." I said out loud to myself as I crawled out of bed. I hope more than anything that this works.

I shoved the sleeping figure next to me, "Frandy, wake up."

All I got in response was a grunt that sounded something like, "Ughmmmpha."

I shook her lightly, "Come on now, you have to help me. Today's the day."

We stayed at Frandy's house last night so that when we woke up, all that had to be done was getting me ready for the test.

She groaned once more before groggily sitting up in the bed. Frandy's curly hair was a mess, I laughed at her as she got out of the bed. She flipped me off as she left the room. I got up from where I was sitting and followed her down the hall to the kitchen.

"I'm starving."

"Me too."

We hurriedly made ourselves some breakfast. We made pancakes. My favorite. After eating, I hopped in the shower. I kept the water temperature slightly colder than I normally would have liked it to help myself wake up.

After finishing my shower, I wrapped a towel around myself and went down the hall to Frandy's room to get dressed.

I opened her closet door where I had hung the dress I got from my grandmother the night before. I dropped the towel and put the dress on.

I picked up the blow dryer from the floor and quickly dried my hair. After drying my hair, I decided upon a simple hair style that will never go out of fashion, and put it up into a ponytail.

Next, I applied my makeup, putting on a thin layer of foundation. Around my eyes, I used a pale eye shadow across my eyelids as well as a heavy layer of black eyeliner on the top lid and a thin layer on the bottom. To finish off the eyes, I applied mascara to my lashes.

After finishing with my eye makeup came the most important part... the bright red lipstick. Can't go back to the 1950s without bright red lipstick.

I put on a pair of black heels to match the dress, and left the room to find Frandy.

"Fandy!" I called as I walked down the hallway.

"I'M IN THE GARAGE!" she yelled back.

I opened the door that led to the garage and stepped inside. Frandy gasped when she saw me.

"You look like a super model from the fifties."

I blushed lightly, "No, I don't."

Frandy sighed and rolled her eyes, "Whatever."

"What do I do?"

"Well, nothing right now. I'm getting the machine ready."

I sat down in a chair by the wall and watched Frandy as she fiddled with knobs and tinkered with levers. Finally, she poured some kind of liquid into an opening on the side of the machine and covered it.

"It's ready...," she looked over at me, "... are you ready?"

The nervousness from the day before was back, but I swallowed the butterflies and slowly nodded my head.

"Okay. When you step in the machine, there's a red button on a panel on the wall. Push it. After you push the button, say the name of the person you wish to go see and the date that you wish to travel to into the speaker beside the panel. Understand."

I nodded my head once more, "Yeah."

I took a deep breath and stepped inside. I followed Frandy's instructions and pressed the button on the wall.
"Elvis Presley. June 1956."

The machine started making funny bubbling noises. It scared me. I looked around frantically. I think I broke it. There were lights flashing. I don't know what to do!

[Frandy's POV]

I gave Loreigh the instructions on how to use the machine and she stepped inside. I couldn't hear what she said from outside the machine, but I'd be willing to guess that she said Elvis Presley sometime in 1956. That's her favorite year for Elvis.

I stood back from the machine when it started making noises and lights started flashing. The noises got louder and louder and then there was a big flash of light. It blinded me and I tried to sheild my eyes. When I looked back to where the machine was supposed to be, it was gone.

It worked.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment or no more story :)

sorry its kind of short.