Status: In Progress

Love Me Tender

Did that just happen to me?

[Loreigh's POV]

Confused, I stepped out of the machine. At first, I thought it hadn't worked. I expected to feel different or something, but I felt exactly the same. It wasn't until I stepped out of the machine that I realized I wasn't in Kansas anymore. I was in Memphis, Tennesse.

Memphis, Tennesse in 1956, and not just any where in Memphis, I was outside the gates of Graceland. Graceland.

I peeked through the gates and could not believe what I saw. My jaw dropped. Elvis Presley was walking through the front door and in the direction of his car. He's beautiful. Even more so than his pictures depict.

He was wearing black button down shirt, with white stripes down the front. The sleeves were rolled up and the hem of the shirt was tucked into black trousers. He wore a pair of white patten leather shoes to polish off the outfit.

I looked around me, no one seemed to notice that I'd just stepped out of a time machine. That's good.

There was also no one else hanging around the gates. That's weird. I'd expected to have like a thousand girls flocking around wherever I ended up. But, to my surpise, I was the only one there.

I looked around once more. The machine! It's gone! Where are you? I thought real hard for the machine to appear, and suddenly it did. I stopped thinking about it, and it disappeared again. Now, THAT is cool. Good job, Frandy!

I jumped out of the way, just as the gates began to swing open, almost getting hit by them.

Oh my God, he's coming! My nervousness came back to me, it hit me like a brick wall as Elvis's car neared the end of the driveway where I was standing.

I took another step back and smiled as the car reached me. Again, to my surprise, the car stopped right beside me. The window rolled down.

Tom Bartlett has nothing on this man.

"Hey there, little lady." Elvis said to me from behind the wheel of his car.

I looked down at my feet, too nervous to speak.

"What's the matter, cat got your tongue?"

I took a deep breath and said, "No sir, Mr. Presley."

"Lawdy, honey my name's Elvis."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you."

"Nah, you didn't offend me."

"You want an autograph or something? You're a pretty little thing."

I blushed, tremendously. Elvis Aron Presley just called me a pretty little thing.

"Here..." Elvis reached into his back pocket and pulled out a rectangular piece of paper. He handed it to me.

I looked at it and gasped. The paper gave me access to be backstage at his concert tonight. I assume that's where he was headed, to the venue.

"I.. um.. thank you." I stammered.

"Don't sweat it. Just show up and look pretty tonight. You'll be my date. Wear that dress." He pointed to the one I was wearing. "I like that."

"Thank you, Elvis!" It took every ounce of my self control not to throw myself at him in that moment. Instead, I just thanked him again. He told me to be at the stage entrance door at 6:30 before driving off.

I stood there, flabbergasted.

Did that just happen to me?

[Elvis's POV]

Man, that was a pretty girl. They gonna yell at me for givin her that access pass. But, I don't care. When I saw her, I just felt like I needed to see her again. I couldn't ignore that feeling.

They'll just have to get over it. I'm Elvis damn Presely, for crying out loud.

I continued on to where the concert was to be held later tonight.

I pulled into the parking lot and drove around to the back, pulling into a parking space close to the stage entrance.

I locked the car and entered the building, going straight for security. I gave them a quick description of the girl and told them that I'd given her the pass. They asked me for her name, and I realized I'd neglected to ask her for it.

"I dunno her name." I told them. "Just make sure she gets in, okay? Or I'm holding you personally responsible."

They nodded.

Smart people.
♠ ♠ ♠
as always, comment this update
or there won't be anymore.