Status: In Progress

Love Me Tender

Connection.

[Loreigh's POV]

I sat on the grass outside of Graceland, looking at the pass that Elvis gave me. I was beginning to second guess whether or not I should go. All I wanted was to see Elvis, and I did. My dream came true. I just don't know if it's a good idea to be Elvis' date at Elvis' concert.

I sighed to myself, and began picking at the grass. I stood up, finally making my decision.

"I'm going." I declared to the grass at my feet.

"Now, how am I going to get there?" I asked myself. I have no car.

As if God were looking out for me, a yellow taxi cab pulled up to me. "Need a ride, miss?" the driver asked me.

I nodded and got into the backseat, telling him where I needed to be. He took me to my destination and I realized I had no money.

"I'm so sorry." I told him. He said not to worry about it, that this was his good deed for the day.

"Trying to get my karma in order." He explained.

"Thank you so much." I patted his shoulder and climbed out of the cab and onto the sidewalk in front of the venue.

I did as I was instructed by Elvis and walked around to the back of the building where the stage entrance was. I showed the guard my pass and he asked if I was the girl Elvis was talking about. I nodded and he led me inside. Showing me the door to Elvis' dressing room.

"There's no telling if he's naked or not. So, knock on the door before you go in."

I nodded and thanked him before knocking lightly on the door that bared Elvis' name inside of a golden star.

"Come in!" I heard from the other side.

I slowly opened the door and stepped inside, gasping at what I saw. Elvis was bent over, his foot on the coffee table. He was fixing his sock. He was wearing a simple pair of black pants and no shirt. His hair was wet and not styled, obviously fresh from the shower. He was beautiful.

"Hey, you're here!" He said excitedly as he ran over to me, only wearing one sock, his left foot bare.

He closed the door before pulling me into him and putting his arms around me in a hug. I returned the hug, reaching around him and placing my hands on the skin of his back. I couldn't help but to notice how soft his skin was and how amazing he smelled as he held me against his chest.

I sighed and snuggled into his chest, tightening my grip on him slightly. He kissed my forehead and held me for a moment longer before pulling away.

"What is your name?" he asked, a cute grin on his face.

I laughed lightly before answering, "Loreigh." I replied.

"Loreigh." He repeated, "I like that."

He returned to what he was previously doing when I entered the room and put his other sock on. He then walked over to the mirror and began messing with his hair. He sighed in frustration before looking over at me, "I don't feel like fixing it today." He laughed and I smiled at him, offering to do it for him.

"I'll do it." I said.

"Really?"

"Why not?"

He smiled and plopped down in a chair in front of the mirror, giving me permission to style his hair.

I stood behind him and reached for his hair products, applying a fair amount to his jet black hair. I looked at his reflection in the mirror as I worked, he never stopped smiling. He seemed to be thoroughly happy. I didn't know if he was happy because he didn't have to do his hair, or if he was happy that I was doing his hair.

I know just one thing for sure... and that is in this very moment, no one is more happy than I.

I put the finishing touches on his hair, making sure it was perfectly smoothed and standing straight before giving him the okay to finish getting dressed. He stood up from his chair and leaned down to kiss me gently on the cheek.

"Thank you," he whispered against my skin.

The feel of his breath against my cheek was enough to send shivers down my spine. I smiled at him when he pulled away.

He walked over to the closet and reached inside, pulling out a white button down shirt. As he did so, he unbuttoned his pants. Unfortunately for me, he put the shirt on and buttoned it, skipping the top button. After buttoning the last button, he tucked the shirt inside of his pants and zipped them back up.

I watched him as he moved. Every move he made was so graceful, it was almost like watching a ballet.

He looked briefly at his watch. I guess he decided it was too early to finish getting ready. He left his jacket hanging on the door and his shoes sitting on the floor.

He walked over to the couch and sat down. He looked up at me and motioned for me to join him.

[Elvis' POV]

I checked my watch. Eh, it's too early to put on my jacket and shoes. There is still fourty five minutes before the show starts. I walked over to the couch positioned in the center of the room, notcing as I did so that Loreigh was watching me. I smiled. I like her eyes on me.

I met this girl only a few hours ago, and yet I feel like I've known her longer than my closest friends. I feel that I could reveal my darkest secrets to her and she'd understand. She wouldn't judge me.

I have this uncontrollable urge to know everything about her. There's some kind of connection between us. God dammit, I will find out as much as I can. I motioned for her to come join me on the couch. I'm going to find out as much as I can about her in the next forty five minutes.

She walked over to the couch that I was sitting on, and sat at the opposite end. Why? I shook my head and scooted closer to her.

"So, Loreigh... my girl, my girl. Tell me about you."

She blushed lightly," What do you want to know?" she asked.

She began fiddling with her fingers, I could tell she was nervous. I don't know why though. I wasn't about to tell her that I wanted to know everything there was to know about her, so instead I asked her for her full name.

"Loreigh Lizabuth Burnadette." She replied.

I was about to ask her another question when one of the stage managers poked his head in the door, "You better get out here, Elvis. Things are getting pretty rough out in the crowd. You need to start this show. NOW."

I sighed. Dammit. Why do I have to be Elvis damn Presley?

I leaned over and pressed a gentle kiss to the corner of Loreigh's mouth. "Please watch the show. You can stand on the side of the stage."

She nodded and touched the corner of her mouth, blushing again.

I smiled and grabbed my coat before slipping on my shoes.

I looked back at her sitting on the couch, hand still to her lips. I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment or no more story :)