Status: In Progress

Love Me Tender

How could this be happening?

[Elvis' POV]

I glanced towards the side of the stage from where I was standing, I could see Loreigh over there. She seemed to be enjoying herself. I wish I could be near her instead of on this stage. I wish time would go by faster.

"THIS SONG NEEDS TO HURRY UP AND END." I thought to myself as I began singing the last song of the night.

I entered into the chorus of "Hound Dog" and glanced over at Loreigh again. She was smiling so big and I could tell she wanted to start dancing, but the look in her eyes told me that she was too embarrassed.

I finished the song and the crowd went crazy.

"Thank you, thank you very much." I said to the crowd, lifting my lip on one side.

I waved to the crowd and ran off stage. Loreigh was waiting for me. She threw her arms around my neck and I put mine around her waist.

"Elvis, that was amazing!" she exclaimed, holding me tightly.

"Thanks, baby."

I took Loreigh by the hand and led her back to my dressing room. I closed the door softly behind us. Loreigh took a seat on the couch.

I walked over to the closet, removing my jacket as I moved and put it back on its hanger.

I could hear screaming from somewhere outside, probably near the stage entrance door. They're all waiting for me to come outside. They're going to have to wait a little while longer. I'm gonna spend time with my woman.

I joined Loreigh on the couch and this time, she scooted closer to me instead of me having to scoot closer to her.

"Loreigh..."

"Yeah?"

"Uh, do you like grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches?"

"Are you kidding? They're amazing."

"That's my girl, all right."

"What makes you happy?"

"My family."

"What is your family like?"

"They're like any other family. Crazy... what's with the questions?"

"I'm just trying to get to know you. That's all."

She smiled at me. The screaming was beginning to die down, meaning that some people had given up hope already.

"Let's go get some ice cream." I grabbed Loreigh's hand and pulled her towards the door. I led her down the hallway, heading the direction of a different exit. I don't feel like dealing with the remaining fans.

We went down a flight of stairs, I paused. Loreigh turned to look at me, she looked confused.

"I'm sorry." I said, "I need to do something."

I pushed her gently against the wall and brought my lips to her's, kissing her gently. I put my hands on the wall on either side of her head and deepened the kiss.

Surprisingly, she didn't push me away. She kissed me back. She kissed me with an intensity I'd never felt before.

I slipped my tongue in her mouth and she still didn't object, instead she allowed her tongue to wrestle mine, fighting for control of the kiss. I didn't let her have it. I was having too much fun controling her mouth with mine.

I broke away from her, grabbed her hand and continued down the stairs.

[Loreigh's POV]

I was trying not to trip over myself as Elvis pulled me down the stairway. My lips were tingling. I can't believe he kissed me like that.

That wasn't a first date kiss.

That was a kiss between lovers.

That was a kiss between two people who'd known each other for a long time and who had fallen in love.

Is it possible?

We just met today... but... is it possible?

I searched my heart, trying to figure out what it was telling me. Do I love him?

Of course I love him, he's Elvis Presley.

But, why did he kiss me like that?

We came to a door, and Elvis opened it, poking his head outside. No one there. We ran out of the door and ran back towards the back of the building.

Standing outside of the stage entrance was a pack of girls. They looked ready to knock the door down.

Quietly, we sneaked past the group of girls and headed straight for Elvis' car. He opened the passenger's side door for me as I climbed inside.

He ran around to the other side of the car and hopped in the driver's seat, cranking the car as he closed the door.

I looked over at the group of girls and as soon as the car cranked, all of their heads jerked in our direction at the same time. It was almost scary.

All at once, the girls came running for the car. Elvis pulled out of the parking space and drove around the other side of the building, the girls chasing after the car. He pulled out into the road, away from the screams.

I looked over at him. The street lights were playing off of his face, making him look like a piece of art. I still can't believe I'm here. With Elvis. AND he kissed me.

It doesn't make sense. How could this be happening?
♠ ♠ ♠
no comments = no more story.

i'd really hate to delete this story.
it's one of my favorites.

please don't let it come down to that

thanks :)