Status: In Progress

Love Me Tender

Amnesia.

[Loreigh's POV]

[TIME ELAPSE]

I've been living with Elvis for quite a while now. I'm not sure how long. I lose track of time, here at Graceland. It hardly seems real. Somewhere in the back of my mind, it feels like I shouldn't be here. It's almost like I'm from another time.... Sometimes, I remember things that have never happened. I see faces in my dreams that I think I should recognize, but can't give them a name. It's frustrating. I can't seem to remember much about my childhood either... in fact, I can't remember hardly anything before meeting Elvis. Do i have amnesia? Is it possible I was in some form of accident before Elvis found me? It's hard to believe, but something must have happened to me. I need to remember. It's agonizing... not knowing. It kills me everyday. I need to remember.

I rolled over in bed and my hand landed on smooth skin. I smiled and nuzzled into the chest of Elvis Presley. He wrapped his arm around my waist and held me against his side.

"I love you." he whispered.

"I love you too." I replied and smiled as a shiver ran down my spine. That's the first time he's said that to me.

We'd just made love for the first time today.

"Will you stay here with me? Like, live here with me? Even after you remember?"

Elvis has been so kind to me over the course of time that I've spent here. He's tried so hard to help me remember where I came from, but... I just can't.

"Promise me something first."

"Anything." he said, and I believed him.

"Love me tender. Love me sweet. Never let me go."

I don't know where the words came from, I just had the overwhelming need to say them. It feels like I'd heard the words before... but, like so many other things, I just couldn't place where I may have heard them.

"I promise... and those words are beautiful. Where'd they come from?"

"I don't know." I answered with all honestly.

"Love me tender. Love me sweet... never let me go..." Elvis repeated with interest.

He began humming a little tune before singing the words I had just spoke. He added a few more words... and before long he had a little song.

"Love me tender, love me sweet, never let me go. You have made my life complete and I love you so. Love me tender, love me true... all my dreams fulfilled, for my darlin, I love you and I always will."

"El, that's.. beautiful."

And it truly was. It was the most beautiful song I'd ever heard.