Disconnected

Chapter One

[Fast forward 6 years to 2005]
[Emmie’s POV]
Today is my 18th birthday and I have decided that I need to find my biological family. I decided to leave a note for mom and dad.

Dear Mom & Dad,
I’ve decided that I need to find my birth parents. They probably think I’m dead or something. I can’t believe you would ever lie to me like you have. And now I’m leaving... So goodbye and I love you.
Emmie

I put the note on the kitchen counter and headed out the door to my deep blue jeep wrangler. I pulled out my cell and called Alyson.
“Hey Al,” I spoke quickly.
“You want me to come with you?” She asked.
“No. I can do this,” I reassured her and myself.
“Ok, check list! Address?” she said. I dug into my purse and reached for the pink sheet of paper.
“Check.” I responded.
“Guitar?”
“Check.” I said as I pulled out of the driveway.
“Moolah?!”
“Check!”
“CDs!? NSYNC?”
“Check! They are in the car with me!”
“EJF?”
“Check. I have all of my emergency junk food! Double Chocolate Chip, Fritos and of course, Butterfingers!”
“I think that’s it,” she laughed, “Call me if ya need me! I got to go to work in negative three minutes! Oh and happy birthday!”
“Thanks,” I laughed, “Byebye!”
“Asta la byebye!”

I hung up and threw my phone on the passenger seat.

[Kevin’s POV]
“Happy Birthday, Kevin!” my family greeted me as I walked into the kitchen and sat in my usual seat across from Joe.
“Thanks,” I smiled as Mom, on cue put a plate of Mickey Mouse pancakes in front of me. Every year, since I can remember, Mom would make me Mickey Mouse pancakes for my birthday with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
“So what are we going to do today?” I looked around at my family.
“Snowball fight?!” Joe suggested.
“Joe, there’s no snow on the ground.” I informed him.
“Oh, really?” he questioned me. I ran to the closest window.
“Holycrud! There’s snow on the ground!” I paused, “Only in our yard….” I laughed, “How’d you guys pull this off?”
“We have our resources,” Joe joked.

“Mom! We are going to need our snow suits!” Nick came in behind me and Joe shortly after.
“They’re in the front closet!” Mom yelled from the kitchen.
“Sweeeet!” Joe said, “Frank! You coming?”
“Duh,” he said with a mouth full of pancakes as he entered.
“Last one out there has to get buried in the snow!” I said as I opened the closet door and pulled out my stuff.

We were outside until we were red-blue in the face from being so cold. Mom had hot chocolate ready for us.
“So, who was the last one?” Dad asked as he looked at us, “Let me guess…Nick?”
Nick pulled his hat over his eyes, “Maybe.”
“Thought so, but how did Frankie beat you?” Dad asked.
“He pushed me,” Nick glared at Frankie.
“I did not! It was my evil twin Zrankie!” He stood up with a shocked look on his face and pointed next to him. We all broke into laughter.

Later that day……
“I’m going to check my email!” I ran upstairs to the family computer. One from the grandparents, Uncle Josh…nothing to exciting just birthday emails.

Something was going to happen today. I knew it. I don’t know what, but maybe something to do with….

When I was two years old Dad and Mom had taken my brother, my sister and I all up on some sort of trip somewhere and we were at a rest stop because I had to go to the bathroom. So Dad took me and Mom, I guess, went to the snack machine that was literally 5 ft from the car and when she turned around the backseat door was open. She sprinted over to the back seat and the car seats were empty. Yes, empty. My brother and sister were kidnapped.

Just then the doorbell rang.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok here is chapter one! :]
what do ya think? =]