Status: inactive, im doing a re-write called.... together we are alone. (i'm not so sure about taking it down but it will not be updates again)

Loners

hm

-That night-

Alicia was curled up to my side as we sat in her living room waiting for her mom to get home. She was playing mindlessly with my fingers as I gently ran the hand she wasn’t holding gently over her hair.

After the Frank ordeal this morning she’s been extremely upset, which is understandable. We may not have known Frank for a long time but he was impossible to forget about. He was one of the people that you would regret losing contact with if you were lucky enough to get to know him. He may be shy and withdrawn but he was amazing.

So during class I had told Alicia what had been running threw my head that day. Her parents were strange to say the least and loved to have things to do and people to take care of. They were the weird people that you would see at a soup kitchen helping out just because they liked seeing people happy.

So what I thought was ‘Hey why don’t we ask them what to do.’ I mean damn there so generous they might even fight for the kid themselves. If they went to the police and reported Frank’s abuse and offered to take care of him what were the cops going to say, no? Knowing the police where we are they’d be happy they wouldn’t have to put the kid into the system. Jersey doesn’t have good foster care. Having to normal, loving people ask…well lets just say they would probably kiss there feet and thank them.

So as I herd a car door slam shut I kissed the top of Alicia’s head and sat myself up a little straighter. As her lovely parents walked into the house and to the living room we were in there happy smiles fell.

“What happened?” Her father, Dan, asked.

“Daddy you need to help my friend.” Alicia said quickly before breaking down and crying again. I pulled her to my chest and looked up at Mr. Simmons. I rubbed Alicia’s back as I explained to her dad what was happening. When I was done he looked at me with a horrified expression.

“This poor boy told you this?” He asked.

“Yes Sir, I just, well I thought you guys could help him. You’re always helping everyone and he really needs it.” I said with a smile.

“Well we can do that as long as he’s ok with this. Just bring him back here with you after school tomorrow. When I get home we’ll go straight to the cops.” Both Alicia and I agreed and I took her up to her room. I felt bad for putting her threw all this. Really if I never told her I wanted to get Gerard some sort of friend this never would have happened.

Once in her room she laid down on her bed and I sat down next to her. I looked down at her and brushed the hair from her face and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

“Sorry Licia.” I whispered.

“For what?” She asked.

“Upsetting you; I feel like it’s my fault because I was the one who wanted to get a friend for Gerard.” She just shook her head.

“It’s that Frankie’s so hurt and confused. I’m happy we started talking to him, he’s wonderful and the best friend anyone could ask for. I just really hope he’ll go along with this.” She said rubbing her eyes. “I hope the cops say my parents can take care of him.”

“I hope so too babe. Don’t worry he’ll be ok.” I tenderly soothed her as she shut her eyes and let her breathing even out as she feel asleep.
-
I left Alicia’s place after she had been asleep for about ten minutes. When I got home I walked into my living room to see Gerard on the couch, in his boxers, eating ice cream. He looked up at me and frowned.

“Why the long face little brother?” He asked as he tilted his head to the side.

“Dude its Frank. The poor kid gets like abused at home. I think that’s why he has that whole ‘self-hate’ complex thing.” I said before even thinking who I was talking to. “Shit! Gerard you can not tell him I told you that!” I yelled. Gerard, on the other hand, looked like he was about to cry.

“Frankie gets abused?” He said with his eyes filling with tears and his bottom lip trembling.

“Well yeah but he’s going to be fine! Were going to go to the cops tomorrow and Alicia’s parents are hopefully taking him in.” I said to him trying to calm him down so he wouldn’t freak out.

“I’ll come to the police station.” Gerard told me nodding his head. “I want to be there for Frank.” I chuckled and smiled at him.

“That’s because you love him.” I told him. Gerard simply shrugged his shoulders.

“I might.”

“You do. So yeah were going to Alicia’s after school and bringing Frank. You can be there for him and hold his hand if he cries.” I said only half sarcastically. Gerard would hold him if he cried. Gerard’s face turned red but he smiled.

“Ok.”

“Alright I’m going to sleep, see you in the morning.” I said and turned to go off to my room. The night was filled with freaky dreams but I was happy that Frank would be safer as of tomorrow.