Status: inactive, im doing a re-write called.... together we are alone. (i'm not so sure about taking it down but it will not be updates again)

Loners

16

Frank’s pov!

I did not want them to see my house. I would feel even more like a piece of shit. There homes were clean and amazing and they had huge rooms. Mine was dirty and I practically lived in a closet whenever I was there.

So after Alicia, Mikey, and Gerard were all dropped back at Alicia’s we went to my house. It looked fine from the outside, not nice, but normal. Like all the other houses on the street I lived on. The grass was always cut and we had a nice clean walkway up to our front door. The moment they opened the door that changed. The place was trashed. Dirty ripped up furniture, trash and random things everywhere, wall paper and paint pealing off the walls, all that kind of stuff. They followed me into the kitchen where for reals if you look threw the cupboards it’s mostly junk food and drugs.

“Ok well this is m-my house.” I said in a sad tone. Mr. Simmons and the officer followed me as I walked up the stairs and went to my ‘room’. I opened up the door and looked inside. I had a pillow, blanket, duffel bag full of cloths and my guitar.

“Frank, where’s your room?” The officer asked as I bent down to zip up the duffel. This was so normal to me. Sleeping in a god damn closet.

“Thi-this is-s my uhm ro-room.” I shuddered quietly back. “This is all my stuff too…all I need is my picture and we can leave.” I turned to look at the two men who look horrified. “What?” I asked as I stood up, swinging the duffel bag over my shoulder and grabbing the guitar.

“He makes you sleep in here?” The officer asked.

“Well yeah this is my space. I spend all my time when I’m not at school in here.” I told him truthfully. “My father said that once I was a better person I would get a bigger room. He said I didn’t deserve that yet.” I told them. Mr. Simmons’ reached his arms out, for some reason, and naturally moved away from it as fast as possible. “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to!” I whimpered throwing my body back against the wall and sliding to the ground.

“Didn’t mean to what?” He asked, sounding unsure.

“I don’t know! Just please don’t hit me.” I begged as I moved as far away from him as I could.

“No Frank! I wasn’t going to. I was just…I was going to pat your shoulder. or something. I’m sorry I scared you.” He told me.

“Oh.” I slowly stood back up but kept my eyes on the ground. “Sorry, I just need to go to my father’s room and we can leave.” I said as I slowly walked away from them and in the direction of his room.

I went to my father’s room to get my picture. The two men followed as I went to his bureau and pulled the picture out. It was of my mother. She was so beautiful and it was the only thing I had left of her, so I needed to take it. I know she left but I like to think it was because of how my father is. I hope it wasn’t because I was such a horrible child. I like to think that she’s happy with someone and has forgotten about my father and me. That she has a great life, but I do sometimes wonder why she didn’t take me.

“Ok…this is all I have.” I told then as I tucked the picture a pocket in the bag and zipped it so it would be safe. The photo was the only thing that I had that was important. She might hate me for being so disgusting and horrible but I love her. She’s my mommy.

“Ok Frank today must have been very hard for you. Would you rather go to the hospital for exams tomorrow?” The officer asked me as we all walked out of my house.

“I’m not sick.” I told him, hoping that wasn’t rude.

“We want to have someone check out all your scars and an injury if that’s ok?”

“Oh well okay.” I can’t say no even though it’s really a waste of money. I’m fine, there all just scars.

“Well Mr. Simmons will take you home now. We’ll call tomorrow.” I forced a smile to my face and nodded. The officer then left me alone with Mr. Simmons to go get back into his cop car. I turned and nervously looked at him, trying the best I could to not look scared.

“Okay Frank you can just put your stuff in the back and we’ll get home.” I nodded followed him to his car, putting my bag and guitar on his back seat. “Sit up front ok?” I again just nodded, shut the door and got up to the front seat. I was so nervous and afraid to do anything to piss him off. I really wanted to live with Alicia’s family.

So the whole drive back to there house was awkward. All I did was sit and rip off skin from my fingers. So when we finally arrived I was so happy. All I wanted to do was talk to either Alicia or Mikey. I wanted to explain what has happened because really I don’t understand. I thought I was doing the right thing by listening to my dad. Also I thought that all my dad was doing was good? Or I don’t know I mean yeah I hated getting beaten. I was just confused.

So when we got there I quickly got out of the car, grabbed my guitar and bag, and went inside. I went straight to Alicia’s room where I saw her, Mikey, and Gerard. They were all lying on her bed watching TV and I just couldn’t help myself. I quietly put my stuff down before running and jumping on them so I was on all there laps.

“Frankie!” Alicia squealed. “You scared the shit outta me!” she yelled. I just laughed as she pushed me off of them and to the foot of her bed.

“So you got all your stuff Frank?” Mikey asked me with a smile.

“Yes! I do its over there.” I said pointing at my bag. “That’s everything.” I said cheerfully. I was way happy to be with my friends again. A bit overly happy but I didn’t really care.

“Happy much?” Alicia asked me as the two boys just looked at me.

“Yeah I am! I’m with my friends. How could I not be?” I said smiling.