Status: inactive, im doing a re-write called.... together we are alone. (i'm not so sure about taking it down but it will not be updates again)

Loners

2

So the walk to school is always the same. Gerard and I would leave our house together. We talked as we made our way to Alicia’s who would also walk with us. The moment Alicia came out of her door he would stop talking. He could be in mid-sentence and he would just stop.

“Gerard do you have to do that?” I asked him.

“Not now Mikey.”

Alicia would come down the path that leads to her house, give me a hug and a kiss. Then she would TRY to hug Gerard.

“Gerard please, let me hug you sweetie!” She would give Gerard her famous puppy eyes and he finally let her. “You know you can be yourself around me Gerard.”

“I know I can Alicia.” He said sadly.

On the way to school Alicia walked in-between Gerard and I. She was telling us about some bitch at the mall and Gerard was hanging on every word she said. He needs a social life. This story would bore most people but Gerard listening to it like it’s the best story ever.

When we got to school Gerard went his way and Alicia and I went ours.

“Alicia I need to help him. Its horrible how lonely he is. I mean he was listening to the mall story like his life depended on it.” I said to her as we walked over to our group of friends.

“Your right, we need to do something…anything really.”

“Yeah we need to find some people he would fit right into. Not our friends, he feels like he’s bothering us even though he‘s not. We need to find someone that will like him.” She smiled and nodded.

We came up to our friends and sat down with them. We chatted with them for a while until a boy walked by that caught me eye. He had just walked by a table of jokes and one grabbed onto the back of his jacket as he passed. The poor guy look scared shitless. The jock just laughed at him and punched him right in the stomach. The guy dropped to his knees and started coughing. The jock and all his friends started laughing at the guy as he got up and walked off.

I watched him as he walked off and sat against a tree. Alone. That’s the guy!

“Alicia! that’s the guy! Lookie that’s who we need!” I said excitedly pointing a the guy. She then looked at him and smiled.

“Looks like you‘ve found a winner Mikey.”

“Yeah you know what his name is? ” She shook her head no. I then asked all my friends and none of them new what this guys name was. Not even Ray and he knows everyone!

“Well ok I’ll just ask him.” I said and got up and walked over to him. He had his ear buds in his ears and was looking down at the screen of an I-pod. I tapped him on his shoulder and looked up with a frightened expression. He quickly stood up pulling the ear buds out of his ears.

“Hey hey don‘t freak. Wanna come sit with us?” He looked at me and went whiter then he already was and shook his head no and ran off.

I went back over to my friends and looked at Alicia. She had the same confused expression as I did.

“What happened?” She asked.

“Really I have no idea he wouldn‘t even talk to me and looked scared the whole time.”

“Well I’ll go up to him next time I see him. Maybe he was just scared after what happened with the jocks. You are a guy.” She had a point. So the day went on as normal. When I finally got home I went to have a little chat with Gerard.

“Gerard can I come in?” I said knocking on his door.

“Yeah sure.”

“Gee we need to talk.”

“Mikey are you going to break up with me?” He asked making his bottom lip quiver.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

He giggled “You said ‘we need to talk’ people always say that to someone before you break up with someone.”

“Wow Gee that was random.”

“Well what can I say I‘m a random guy.”

“Well anyways I want to talk to you ok?”

“Sure Mikey what about?”

“Its about this morning, you can’t do that to Alicia anymore. Its been a like four months. She loves you and wants you to act normal around her again. I’m not saying you have to talk to everyone again, just Alicia ok?”

“Sorry I‘ll stop, I‘m totally being overdramatic.”

“Ok then, good.” I smiled at him. He got up and gave me a hug and we just sat around. Sorta listened to some music kinda read some comics. A good night with Gerard and I think I’m going to help him get over what he’s been going threw. Loosing all your friends is traumatic, but he’s still got some of us. He’s going to be ok.