All You're Made Of

So, I already know.

Mikey

The day when we were in the hospital with Sam I knew something was going on. Nikki had thrown up six days straight after that, but claimed to feel fine. I wasn't buying it. I think I knew what was really up.

Sam had to stay in the hosptial for another week, so we'd have to leave her in Pennsylvania for a while, which we all kind of felt bad about. We were on the road, on our way to Virgina, where we had three shows, then it was off to Florida for our last two.

I walked over to Nikki, who was sitting on the couch, watching TV. I sat next to her.

"Nikki?" I asked.

"Yeah?" she asked, not even bothering to look at me.

I sighed, "I think I know what's wrong with you."

"Nothing's wrong with me," she laughed, "It's just nausea from this bus ride."

"No, Nikki," I shook my head.

She finally looked at me, nervously, "What are you talking about, Mikey?"

"Well, you know. You're completely fine by midafternoon," I told her, "After throwing up a lot..."

She looked at me blankly.

I sighed, "I think you're pregnant."

She tilted her head to the side and furrowed her eyebrows.

"You know. Baby...inside your belly..."

"You think I'm--" she stopped midsentence, gulping.

I nodded.

"M-mikey, you know, we didn't use a condom the first time we--" she did movements. I felt the bus come to a stop, but it held no significance to me.

I shook my head, "No, we didn't."

She looked at me, "Mikey, I'm pregnant. I'm gonna have a baby."

"That's what I think," I nodded.

"No, no. Mikey, I am. I took a test and it was...positive. I didn't want to tell you because--"

"You were afraid of my reaction?" I guessed.

"Yeah," she admitted.

"Don't ever be afraid to talk to me, Nikki," I said, touching her face.

"Okay," she smiled, "So, how do you feel?"

I smiled, "Good. Are you happy?" I really hoped she was.

"I-I don't know, are you?" she asked, biting her lip.

"Nikki, I'm ecstatic," I said, hugging her.

"That makes me so happy. You don't know how bad I wanted this." she grinned, hugging tight to my neck.

I laughed, "I love you."

"I love you, too!" she yelped, hugging me tighter. After a moment she pulled back, smiling like a maniac.

"So, you are happy?" I asked her, looking into her eyes.

"I'm so happy," she told me, placing a kiss on my lips.

"Me, too."