All You're Made Of

Make A Mess

Bob

Erica and I pulled up to the fancy restaurant in our limo. She looked beautiful and I knew they'd all be jealous. That just made me smile.

Frank, Ray, Ryan and Mary were already there, waiting outside for the rest of us. We got out and waved to them. They waved back as we walked over.

"Erica, you look so pretty!" Mary exclaimed, hugging her.

"Thanks! You too," she laughed, complementing Mary's dress.

"Hey, Bob," Frank said, nodding at me. He had his sunglasses on, as usual. I smiled at him, Ray and Ryan, signifying my hello.

"Bob, this is freakin' fancy," Erica whispered in my ear, almost sounding disgusted.

"I'm sorry,"I laughed.

She sighed.

Just then Nikki and Mikey pulled up. Nikki was starting to show, I knew, but her dress made her look like nothing had changed. It was plain black and flowy.

"Hey!" Erica yelped, waving toward them.

Her and Nikki hugged and I said Hi to Mikey. We all got to random chatter as we waited.

Eventually almost everyone was there. The only two missing were Sam and Brendon.

It was inching toward seven o'clock which was when our reservation was and Sam and Brendon were nowhere to be found.

When it finally turned seven we all decided to wait for them inside. We were seated at a giant table with bread and butter and water which all the guys started devouring like animals.

I chuckled, but the girls were kind of disgusted with them. Especially Erica as she muttered something about them being pigs and belonging on farms. I kissed her cheek and she blushed, probably realizing I'd heard.

"Where in the hell are they?!" Kina screamed, checking Gerard's watch for the tenth time. It was 7:30 by then.

"Has anyone tried calling?" Spencer asked, looking around.

"Six times on each phone," Nikki said, hanging up her phone, "No answer on either one."

"Do you think anything happened?" I asked.

"I know what happened. It's called sex," Mary sighed.

We laughed.

"I'm just sayin'," she defended.

Ryan laughed, "I don't know."

Just then Nikki's phone began to ring.

"Shh, it's her!" she screamed, "Hello?...Okay...It's okay, Sam...See you then...Bye."

"What happened?" Frank asked.

"She said she was running a bit late. She'll be here soon," she shrugged.

We all nodded.

"Okay," Frank smiled.

I rolled my eyes.

Why couldn't he just give it up already? Sam was with Brendon and that wasn't changing any time soon.

Gerard

Sam strolled in at half past eight, looking like a mess. Brendon was nowhere to be found.

She tried smiling at all of us as she sat next to Frank. I knew this was going to start something.

"What took you so long? And where's Brendon?" Ryan asked, nervously.

"B-brendon can't come. I lost track of time," she answered. Voice cracking.

"Why, what happened?" Kina asked.

"We broke up," she said, shutting her eyes and shaking her head.

"What?!" all the girls and a few of the guys screamed in unison.

"Why?" Nikki questioned, anxiously.

"It-it wasn't working out. And nothing was getting better," she shrugged, looking worn and shaken. I watched a tear fall down her face and I felt just horrible.

Frank pulled her into a comforting hug, "It's okay."

"I-I know. I'm fine," she said. She was obviously not fine. We all knew it.

"Sam, you can't be out like this. You're hurt. Let me take you home," Frank said to her, standing up and helping her stand up, too.

"I g-guess. That makes sense," she nodded, more tears slipping. He was right, but any one of us could take her.

And I needed to do something about Frank. Yes, he was my best friend, but I knew he'd take advantage of this. I couldn't let Sam get any more hurt, because she was my friend, too now.

"No, Frank. I'll take her," I told him, standing up from my seat, too.

"No, Gee, you're here for your anniversary. I'm alone. I have no problem bringing her to her place," Frank said.

"No," I insisted, "I'll make it up to Kina. Tomorrow's our real anniversary."

"Gerard, I'll take her," Frank said through clenched teeth.

"Yeah, Gee. Be with Kina," Sam said, "Frank, you don't have to bring me, either. I drove here and I can drive back, too."

"Not in this condition you can't," Frank told her, "Look at you! You're a mess, Sam."

"I'm ruining your din--"

"No, no. Let's go."

She nodded, "Bye, guys."

"Feel better, Sam!" Kina called as they walked from the restaurant.

"This isn't gonna go well," Nikki sighed, putting her head in her hands. I agreed. No, it wasn't. I knew Frank.