A Whole New World? Come On This Isn't Aladdin

A Whole New World? Come On, This Isn't Aladdin! -

The man behind me didn’t look like anyone I had seen before. He still resembled a man though. His was tall and had long silver hair, his skin had an obvious blue tinge, he had abnormally large ears as well. Bizarre. I just stared at him, what else could I do. He was quite young looking, but I mean, come on, he is blue!

He smiled a wicked smile ‘Oh, you must be a newbi! I think we are expecting three this month.’

I continued to stare at him, what the hell is a newbi. I obviously needed to eat a lot more.

He laughed again and stuck out his hand, ‘I’m Chris.’

I looked down at his hand and slowly placed mine in his. He shook it.

He smiled. ‘Come on, you must be heading in to town?’

I shrugged. I didn’t know where I was heading, I was just going to a circle on a map.

The man obviously realised I didn’t have a clue, ‘Yeah, you do. I’m heading that way, so I’ll walk you there.’

I nodded slowly as he begun walking. I couldn’t help but notice how attractive he was, despite his ears.

‘You do actually talk right? I feel like I’m talking to a brick wall.’ He commented.

‘Oh… yeah, I talk’ I stumbled as a I continued watching him. ‘I’m just…’ I searched for words, ‘a little in shock?’ I almost asked.

He laughed ‘Yeah its fair enough. Most people act the same way.’

Most people? There are more people that this happens to. ‘Uh, who are you?’
I was going to ask ‘what’ are you, but figured that would be rude.

He chuckled his stupid chuckle, I’m sorry but there is nothing funny about this! ‘Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, I’m Chris.’

Why, yes Chris, giving me your name makes this all better. ‘Right.’ I mumbled.

He stopped and smiled at me. ‘Don’t worry it will all make sense in no time.’

‘I wish everyone would stop saying that! This is never going to make sense!’

‘Yeah it will babe. Just not tonight. Come on, We will get you a room in Raven Tavern.’

Did he just call me babe?

I looked around and suddenly realised I wasn’t in the woods anymore. In fact I was in a busy street, how did that happen?

I noticed that Chris had already started moving so I hurried up and followed him. We came to a rather large cottage. We walked through the door and then through a short corridor that had a few bends. I was completely shocked at what I had entered. It really wasn’t what I was expecting.

To my right there were some young girls drinking something from mugs, on my right there were some older males drinking something out of tall glasses. It was large and well furbished. It had such a homely feel. It was sort of like a hot chocolate, a fluffy blanket and a comfy lounge. You know, it just felt right.

I suddenly realised how tired I was, it was overwhelming. I turned to Chris who was checking out the girls ‘I’m really tired, can I sleep here?’

He slowly turned back to me, as if he forgot I was here, ‘Yeah of course, Miss Killen is over there.’

He was motioning towards a plump shorter lady with curly red hair. Chris led the way and I followed behind him.

I was shocked when I realised Miss Killen only came up to about my waist. She had a really friendly face though.

As Chris talked to her I sat on a mighty comfy stool. I had to use every muscle to make sure my eyes didn’t shut. I watched Chris give her some gold pieces and then he came back over to me.

‘Come on sleepy head, I got you a room.’ he said kindly as he ruffled my hair.

We walked up the spiral staircase for, what seemed like, forever.

We got to my room and Chris unlocked it with a key. I placed my pack on the ground, my shoulders had become so numb I’d almost forgotten I had it on. I feel onto the bed and I could hear Chris’s chuckle in the distance. I then felt him take my shoes off for me. How sweet. I also felt sorry for him; I’d been wearing them all day, walking forever.

He came down next to me. ‘Night babe.’

I immediately sat up ‘You’re… you’re leaving?’

‘Yeah babe.’ He smiled at me kindly ‘but don’t worry, there are tons of people around if you need anything. You’ll have friends in no time!’

‘Wait! You mean you’re LEAVING, leaving? Like I wont see you ever again?!’

‘Ha, you’ll see me around, but essentially yes, I am leaving. You’ll be fine, I promise. Things will all make sense soon.’

I doubt that.

‘Goodnight babe, sweet dreams.’

He placed two fingers over my eyelids and closed them gently.

With in a millisecond I was fast asleep, a million miles away, back in my own comfy bed.