One Chance One Life.

Depression Hits and Horror Strikes.

When something bad happens, everyone has different ways of dealing with it, some are positive and some are negative, I've always wished I was a more positive person.

So, I was six when this all happened and I was stuck with a situation that I had never even seen in my worst nightmares but I had to deal with it. I have always cared very very much about my mum and even though I was only six, I knew about her financial problems and we had nearly been kicked out of our flat once or twice because we couldn't afford it. I didn't want to scare my mum and I didn't want to worry myself. After all, what if my nightmares were all wrong and David was the nicest guy in the world? Well anyway, I put on a brave face and acted happy.

My grandma (on my dad's side of the family) already lived in Sweden and David was going to stay with her for a while, therefore, my grandma, my mum and I went to meet him at the airport.

I had a day of school so I could meet him, the first memory I have of him sense he came back to Sweden was when he came through the arrival's at the airport, wobbled over to us and gave me a hug. I remember the smell of the alcohol. The fear in my voice as I said hi. It was the first memory of him and it wasn't a good one.

I also had to spend the rest of the day with him and my grandma but my mum had to go and I remember asking if I could go home but she said that I had a day off to meet David, I might as well spend some time with him.

We went to my grandma's flat and ate, I sat quietly and listened to their conversations as I ate the pizza and then when I was finished I went and stroked the cat. The cat wanted to go outside so I went and played on the climbing frame for a while. After an hour or two, it was time to go home. David was taking me. It was the first time I was on my own with him and he was even drunker then he had been at the airport, he had given me a present and we were walking to the bus stop, he asked me for the way there but I didn't know so he asked a couple of girl's. He was drunk and forgetful so all of a sudden, he was speaking english to every one and I couldn't speak english at the time and he just scared me more as I couldn't understand him.

Anyway, the girl's gave us the directions to the bus stop and we managed to get there, there wasn't any buses going for a while so we walked home, I had to show the way as I was used to the 20-30 minute walk from the bus stop to my home.

We came home and I went inside and burst into tears, I told my mum how scared I was and that I didn't like seeing him but she said to give him another chance and see him when he was sober. Of course, he was never sober, I never once saw him sober but yet I kept giving him another chance for my mum. To make her happy.

And so it went on...
♠ ♠ ♠
Will be continued, probably quite soon, hope you're enjoying it, please comment and say what you think. ;)