One Chance One Life.

What Happened Next?

You will always have to keep living (well unless you die), you might as well make the best out of it.

I was happy about moving, I was happy about getting two baby brother's, I should finally have felt relief but I didn't. I was still suffering depression (still am today), it was coming closer to Christmas and as happy as I was, I still just wanted to lock myself in my room and wait for the time to pass and also, I still had to spend every other weekend in that awful terrifying place that I always dreaded to go to. Where I would get beat and lose my confidence- not that I had any left to lose.

I was getting more and more scared, he wouldn't stop drinking and if I ever asked if he could stop which I only made the mistake of doing once, I would get a hit. it's not nice living in fear, all I had to keep me company was my books. it was getting harder to keep up the act that I had been putting on sense I was 6 to keep my mum happy, plastering on that same fake smile. Luckily, my mum was very distracted as she was pregnant with twins and she was to the point where her stomach was so big that she could barely stand up. Unluckily my Nan was as observant as usual and would always ask if I was okay. I would always tell the same lie, it hurt me to lie to her but I knew it would hurt her even more if I told the truth.

I managed to get through Christmas, my mum and step-dad being there. I didn't lock myself in as much as usual and I tried to enjoy the nice Swedish Christmas dinner and thought about that the Christmas the following year I would be in a different country starting a new life with my new family and I would be freed from David. I thought that I might even feel that relief that I had been waiting to feel ever sense David moved to Sweden. It was the happiest Christmas I had ever had sense my friend died.

My brother's were then born on the 4th of May. It was one of the best days of my life going to the hospital the day after and seeing my mum so happy and my brother's, knowing that they would forever be part of my family and I would always love them the same way I love my mum and my Nan and have come to love my step-dad. They were given Swedish names to represent the country where their from and they are called Axel and Viking. I love them will all my heart as annoying as they can be. They remind me to stay strong even if I have a problem.