Testing The Strong Ones

01

"I'm so glad you thought of this man." Ryan said as Chase pinned their ad up on a bulletin board.

"I even put it in the news paper." Chase said with a smile.

"Dude, I hope some one replies soon, I don't get paid until-"

"I know, next Tuesday, two weeks. Chill out, we'll get somebody." he said patting his friend and roomate on the back.

"Well at least we won't have to move out."

"You mean be evicted." Chase chuckled as they walked the steps back up to their 4 bedroom Seattle waterfront apartment.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabelle huffed as she attempted to pull her bags to her new apartment. She was completely lost, and had 5 bags and her cat Rodeo. But staying in a waterfront apartment and only paying 300.00 a month for rent was much better than staying in paint chipped and rickity bed framed dorms in the fall.

"I wish my Helana was here." she sighed, wishing even more that she hadn't insisted on traveling alone to her new city without at least some worker from her home to carry her things.

"Need some help?" a male voice said from behind her, which she was very thankful for.

"Oh my gosh yes. I need to get 1604 Waterside street?" she turned and saw a blonde muscular looking guy.

"I know exactly where that is," he said picking up the bulk of her bags, and smiling. He only left her the purring baby blue animal bag. She didn't mind, she brushed her hair back out of her face and followed him. "Here we are." he said taking his key out and opening the door then handing it her.

"I take it you're-"

"Ryan, and you must be?"

"Isabelle Cavette." she said sticking her accessorized hand out to shake his.

"Welcome to Seattle Izzy those two rooms," he said indicating the rooms on both sides of the house, one obviously being the main master. "Are taken, the other two aren't obviously." he said with a chuckle.

"Wait, you mean-"

"Yeah. Sorry Chase got the biggest room." he said with another laugh.

"I'm staying with two guys?"

"We're not slobs obviously." he said looking tired "What room do you want."

Isabelle sighed, wondering if her father would even approve of this. Then she remembered the dorm pictures she saw of her campus she would be attending in the fall.

"This one." she sighed pointing to the one near to the masters.

"Sorry princess." he chuckled and took her bags into her new room. She waited for him to exit before she entered to check it out.

She examined the off white paint, the double bed. She'd be turning that into her canopy bed like she had at home. The room was even big enough for a queen, she sighed and plopped down onto her bed, and let out Rodeo out onto the bed. He hoped out and stretched his body by rolling around.

"Well at least you like it, and at least it's better than a dorm room."

"I'm going to the market, you think you'll need anything Izzy?" Ryan said popping into her doorway.

"Perrier?"

"How about Sam's Choice?"

"Is it mineral?"

"It's bottled." he said with a chuckle.

"Pepsi." she sighed.

"Will do Princess." he said with a chuckle."Is that a cat?"

"Of course." she said putting her shoulders back.

"Rascal is going to love that."

"Is Rascal a dog?"

"A very big one." he said before he left.

"Well Rodeo, you better sharpen your claws." she sighed rubbing her furry friend's belly as he seemed to understand exactly what she meant.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maria smiled as she watched a very fit guy running along the shoreline with his very large dog.

"C'mon Rascal, 10 more minutes." he said smiling at his furry friend.

Maria was glad to finally live by the water, it was the whole reason she came to Seattle a few years ago. Other than her corporate job, she had no life really. But this place was actually closer to her office, walking distance, which would help with her new year's resolution.

"Rascal! No!" the guy yelled before she was tackled to the ground and covered in slober.

"Ok, puppy. It's ok." she laughed as the dog allowed her to sit up and then sat in her lap.

"I'm sorry, he likes people. Especially pretty ones." the guy said patting his dog on the head.

"It's fine I like dogs, your voice sounds familiar. Are you the one renting 1604 Waterside Street?" she asked as he helped her up. She began dusting the sand off herself,

"Yeah! I'm Chase, I take it you're-"

"Maria, Isabelle is already in the apartment with her adorable cat." she smiled.

"Cat? Well I hope it doesn't have a tail."

"Rascal there is the one that should be wishing he didn't have a tail." Maria chuckled.

"Well, I take you're settled then?" he said starting to walk up the back steps to their apartment.

"Yes, I actually like the decor in it so far."

"I'm glad," he said with a chuckle "We were so worried about that."

"I'm sure." she laughed, they entered the apartment, and without fail Rascal and Rodeo were playing that famous game.

"Rodeo!" Isabella shouted, and the cat was in her arms.

"Sit." was all Chase had to say for Rascal to calm down and sit in his spot by the window.

"I'm sorry, I wish I had known you were bringing a cat."

"Well I wish I had known you all had a dog." Isabelle.

"Well if wishes were horses more beggers would ride them." Maria said with a laugh trying to lighten the mood.

"That's a good one." said a blonde boy that wasn't there when she first had arrived, he was in the kitchen. "I'm Ryan." he said shaking his head at her sarcasm.

"Thanks, I'm Maria." she smiled. Chase had also introduced himself to Isabelle.

"Well Izzy, at least he's trained." Ryan said sitting on the couch and petting Rascal.

"I put Rodeo's litter box in the kitchen near your room." she smiled and went into her room.

"That's near my room too." Maria said moving the litter box to the trash can.

"Well, I think we're going to get along just fine." Chase said with a relieved sigh.

Maria smiled to Chase and Ryan, "Well if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a shower. I have to be at work by 8:00." then she went to her and Ryan's bathroom to get ready for tommorows events. Hopefully that didn't involve being tackled by Rascal or scratched by Rodeo.
♠ ♠ ♠
I liked it.
=D