Testing The Strong Ones

10

Maria sighed contently as Chase traced patterns on stomach. She didn't understand what drew her to him. But she didn't mind, it was a nice distraction from her current heartbreak.

"Maria?" he murmured sitting up looking at her.

"Chase?" she mimicked him, making him chuckle.

"Would you like to go out to dinner tomorrow night?" that made Maria sit up. Going out to eat would make it a date, she didn't want a date.

"Like a date?" she asked.

"Well, not if you don't want it to be."

"Just two people going to eat right?"

"Yeah." he frowned.

"Look, I just think calling it a date would kind of make us-"

"Official?" Chase smiled.

"Yeah. And I don't think either one of us are ready for that." Maria sighed laying back down.

"You aren't." he said laying back down with her. Wrapping his arm around her waist.

"I know." she sighed, wondering how he understood.

"It's OK, just two people going to eat is all it will be." she felt him smile into her shoulder blade. And his arms tighten around her as they settled in for the night.

"Where's Isabelle?" Maria asked sitting up again. Starting to worry.

"She left a note tagged to Rodeo, that she went out. And will be back whenever." he sighed. Maria laid down relieved, letting Chase wrap his arms back around her, and this time drifting off to sleep.
-------------------------------------------------------------

"Isabelle, I had a great time. Even though I just met you." Eren smiled as they walked up to her porch.

"I had a great time too." she grinned, she couldn't get over the fact that he was so cute. And had brain for more than beer pong.

"I'll call you later?" he asked looking hopeful.

"Yeah." she smiled, as he waited for her to unlock her door and go in safely. She was smiling all through her nightly routine. Finally all clean and clothed she was still smiling. She sighed contently, the first night she was able to fall back on her bed. She did so, realizing that she was too excited to sleep. She pulled out a book, it was a romance novel. She only read the historical ones, they made her realize how fortunate she was to be born within the late 21st century. She heard the from door attempt to be opened. She got up to go see what the problem was. She unlocked the door and it was Ryan, who looked annoyed.

"You locked the deadbolt didn't you?" Isabelle didn't respond for fear that he would become more annoyed. And she knew anything that he would say would be out of him being tired.

"Did you have a nice night?" Ryan asked continuing to his room. She followed him slowly, she stopped at his doorway. She watched him as he took his shirt off, it was hard for her to formulate and answer while he was shirtless.

"He was nice." Isabelle stammered out.

"Obviously." Ryan chuckled.

"How'd you meet him?" he asked seeming to be genuinely interested.

"I was walking down town, and he asked if I was lost. And offered to show me around." she replied, Rodeo came into the room settling himself on Ryan's bed.

"That's nice, so you didn't know him before today."

"Nope, and he was very nice."

"Tell me you at least got his name?" Ryan smiled laying back on his bed.

"Eren." Isabelle's mouth went dry. She had to leave, he shouldn't be effecting her like this. He didn't even like her, she didn't like him. Case closed.

"Well goodnight. Glad you had a good night at work, and thanks for the drink." she half smiled turning to go to her room.

"Night Isabelle." she heard him call. She sighed, her happy feeling turning into confusion. And she didn't even know why.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah.