Testing The Strong Ones

11

Ryan was awaken by loud rumbling noise on his chest. He sighed realizing it was only Isabelle's cat. He wouldn't admit it to her, but he had gotten used to the the little cat. And he definitely would never admit that he liked it, and didn't mind that the cat had for some reason attached itself to him. He patted it on the head as he rose, he glanced at the clock seeing it was only noon. He was sure the house was empty, one of his roommates at work, and the other out saving the world. Isabelle however was just coming in, which he thought was odd. He gave her a questioning look as she fluttered towards her room.

"Just getting up?" she asked smartly. He decided not to entertain her by answering.

"Do you work again tonight?" he decided he would answer that one.

"Yeah." he replied hoarsely, he grabbed a bottle of water and began to chug. By the time he realized Isabelle was staring. He had chugged the whole bottle, he gave her a smirk realizing also that he had no shirt on.

"Hmm." she sighed, looking as though she was thinking. He wanted to know what she was thinking.

"What?" he asked wiping his mouth with his hand.

"Well apparently, drinking cold water before you eat speeds up your metabolism. I have all diet and health classes this semester." she shrugged.

"Was that where you were so early? The library?" he chuckled, she made a face at him.

"No, I had a breakfast date." she smiled cheekily.

"Nice, with the guy you met last night?" he asked grabbing another bottle of water.

"Yeah." she said bitting her lip. "What are you doing today?" she asked suddenly.

"Nothin' that I know of." he said before taking a gulp of his water.

"Want to go to the beach?" he looked at her, trying to see her motive.

"Sure?" he said watching her go to her room.

"Can you be ready in 15 minutes?" she peeked out from her doorway.

"Considering I'm not you, yes." he saw her make a face at him, then roll her eyes.

"Just get ready." she called to him as he turned around and headed for his room. As he was passing the bathroom, he realized he hadn't brushed his teeth. As he was starting to brush is teeth, he figured he'd just take a shower. A man shower as he would call it. Man showers only took 5 minutes, as he was stepping out of the shower and starting to dry off the door opened.

"Why are you taking a show...er." Isabelle had an uncanny way of catching him half naked.

"I'm done." he stated, almost enjoying the curios look she had in her eyes.

"Good." she stated clearing her throat and leaving. He smiled to himself, glad to know that he had an effect on her.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabelle didn't know why Ryan on all people effected her they way he did. For example; when she accidentally barged in on him earlier that day. He had just gotten out of the shower. He had thankfully put a towel around him. But when she saw him, her mouth went dry. And last night, she had watched him strip down to his boxers. That was the last thing she saw before she went to sleep. Was he in her dreams? Not yet, maybe it was the novelty of him that made her body react the way it did. Maybe she needed to make out with Eren, to get Ryan out of her head. Or maybe he needed to stop being nice to her. Maybe if he was mean, it'd be easier for him to seem unappealing. She sat on the couch in deep thought when Ryan finally appeared. He had clothes on, but they were going to the beach.

"Ready?" he smiled, that also made butterflies appear in her stomach.

"Y-yeah." she stammered getting up and grabbing her bag. She started for the back door.

"Where are you going?" he asked, she turned around to face him.

"To the beach? We live right off of it." she stated as a matter of fact like.

"I know a better spot c'mon." he grinned, the butterflies started up again. She followed him out the garage, she forgot he had a car. A convertible actually. A silver mustang convertible, it fit him.

"Nice." she whistled as he unlocked the doors.

"I love this car." he laughed taking her bag from her and putting it in the back seat.

"I would too." she smirked as she climbed in. It was just as nice on the inside, she never understood how men could keep their cars immaculate. But then ask them to wash the dishes, they act as though they've never seen soap and water before.

"Want the top down?" he asked her excitedly as he started the engine and opened the garage door. She laughed and nodded her reply, he reached over her to unlock the latch on her side. He smelled good, and it wasn't the cheap smell. It was stuff she was used to, Lacoste. She inhaled deeply, she loved the smell.

"You OK over there?" he asked as he moved to the latch on his side.

"Yeah." she smiled, as he began to back out onto the street. The top going to down as well. She closed her eyes as they drove out into the sun. That was one thing she missed about Georgia, the sun always being out. Here in Seattle, it rained too much. Ryan turned on his stereo, it started playing The Beach Boys. She snapped her eyes open and looked at the console, seeing that it was a CD.

"You don't like The Beach Boys?" he asked, starting to look for another CD.

"No, it's fine. It just surprised me that's all."

"What, you figured I'd only listen to rock?" he stopped looking.

"This is rock?" she chuckled as it turned to the next track. This happened to be a mix CD. Beaky, Dave Dee, Dozy, Mick & Tich started to play. She bobbed her head, and began to sing along.

"Hold tight, count ta three. Gotta stay close to me!" she sang, Ryan joined in with her.

"Hold Ti-e-ight! Hold Ti-e-ight! Hold Ti-e-i-e-ight!" they sang together. There were some people as always walking down the street. They shouted as they drove by.

"Where are we going?" Isabelle didn't like riding in a car and not knowing where the destination was.

"You'll see, we're almost there." he grinned turning onto a wooded area. They drove through the woods for about 10 minutes, and then the beach appeared out of nowhere. It was much prettier than the beach they lived by. The water was blue, not as deep blue as going down to Miami, but it was close enough. It wasn't brown like the water she was used to.

"See, I told you I knew a better spot." he grinned as he put his car in park. And opened his door.

"Does anyone else come here?" she asked getting out, letting the salty breeze blow in her face.

"Not really, I only come every once in a while." He said before grabbing their bags from the back seat.

"To get away, have a day to yourself?" she asked as they began to walk towards the water.

"You could say that." he smiled, it was a sad smile though. She decided to changed the subject.

"Let's get in the water!" she grinned taking off her cover. And sprinting towards the water. Ryan laughed as he caught up with her quickly. She jumped in, and was hit by the ice cold.

"It's cold!" she yelled coming for air.

"It's only 1:00." he laughed, not completely in the water.

"You get in here then!" she shouted towards him. He stepped a in a little bit more, she decided to make him get in. She splashed him.

"You call that a splash?" he chuckled. She splashed him more, but this time it got him. He made a face,

"See it is cold." she splashed him with every word. He lunged for her, she yelped and began to swim away. She turned to see that he was nowhere to be seen. She was then pulled under, well more like pushed. She was gasping when she surfaced.

"I hate you." she sputtered, wiping the salt water from her eyes. He was laughing, she decided to do the same to him. Except she wasn't as successful, she only ended up pressing herself up against him. Causing the butterflies to appear again.

"I'm un-dunkable." he stated, stopping her by putting his hands on her waist.

"Really?" she grinned, inching towards him.

"Yes." he said pulling her closer to him. She placed her hands in his chest, his arms wrapped around her waist. She then took that chance to push him down. What she didn't anticipate was him pulling her down with him. They both came up, only her gasping for air.

"I told you." he grinned, he put his arm around her waist to steady her. Isabelle blinked, mainly to get the salt water out of her eyes. But also at how good he looked in the sun, and wet. Like a younger less tan version of Matthew McConaughey. She didn't realize what was happening until his face was inches from hers.

"Your top is about to fall off." he murmured tying it back for her, she squeaked. Her knees went weak, she balanced herself on him.

"Thanks." she said quietly looking up at him.

"Come on, there's a shop in walking distance where we can get some food." he chuckled and took her hand leading her on to the shore towards their belongings.
She hoped the rest of their day wasn't as eventful.
♠ ♠ ♠
=D