Testing The Strong Ones

03

Isabelle looked over at the clock, it was ten until nine. And that meant that she had roughly an hour to unpack. Then she had to start her nightly beauty regimen.

"Well I'm going to go finish unpacking, and then I've got to do some leg lifts and then some other things and then I'm going to bed." She said as she got up with Rodeo in her arms and headed down the hallway, with white ballet flats hitting softly against the hardwood floors.
Maria too looked at the clock, realizing that she hadn't started unpacking at all. And she needed to catch up on some work in the morning, and go check out the local gyms too. There was so much to do and so little time.

"I think, that doesn't sound like to bad of an idea. Goodnight Chase." She said before she too followed Isabelle's suit and walked to her room across the hall, shutting the door behind her.

Chase looked at Rascal and sighed, "Well looks like it's just you and me now buddy. How about I make myself a veggie burger, and you can have a vegan doggie bone? Hmm that sound good? And then we can watch some re-runs of Animal Cops." He ruffled the dogs fur and smiled.

Meanwhile, in her room Isabelle found that it was terribly cold and breezy. So instinctively she went over to the window to shut it. Only the window was already shut, though she could feel the cool breeze against her pallid skin. She brushed it off her shoulders and continued to make her bed. Her sheets and pillow shams made of red Twelve-hundred count Egyptian cotton and her bedspread, custom made in Paris was a red fine and soft downy made of only the finest goose feathers and had such exquisite design that even she was almost too weary to sleep on it. She delicately hung up frames of abstract art, mostly having to do with dance or just anything abstract and beautiful. They all matched her color scheme. She color coordinated her closet and drawers. And put picture frames of family and friends back home in an elegant design upon the wall that too almost made an abstract look. She put Rodeo's red bed, that almost matched her's in it's entirety in the corner of the room that was free and smiled. She felt somewhat at home, even though she still longed for her servants and for the warm breeze of the humid Georgia air.

Maria, though she had much the same objective as Isabelle was going about things in a much different matter. Everything had to be objective, everything had to have a purpose and a reason for being in it's place, it had to be functional. She would eventually need to buy a new desk to set up in her room. It was plenty large for that. But until then she would have to settle for what she had and unpack her things in the neatest and most professional manner she could. She began to strategically open one suitcase after another. The first things pulled out were her two clocks. The first was a small though very high tech alarm clock. It was essential to her life, in fact her life sort of depended on it. The second clock was a normal clock, much like the ones you would see in an office. The ones that seem to jump backwards in time. She then unpacked her bedding, soft red sheets and pillow cases, with an eclectic red bedspread with quaint little designs on it. She hung a picture of Tuscany on the opposite side of the room, and a picture of her Parents above her dresser. After unpacking her clothes, being careful to make sure her casual clothes went into the drawers and her work clothes were carefully hung up she took out her cellphone and laptop, plugging them in to charge. She then grabbed a slightly smaller duffel bag and headed for the hall.

She ran into Isabelle who was currently hauling a large bag into the bathroom closest to her room.

"Why aren't you moving that closer to your room?" Maria asked her, quite confused at why the little blonde was using little to no logic.

"Ryan has a bigger bathroom, it'll work better with my routine." She said simply, "It's not that Chase doesn't have a nice one, it's just Ryan has a large bathroom, and I have alot of products." And with that the small framed blonde continued on leaving Maria in the hallway with her bag of products, walking towards the bathroom on the opposite side of the hall.

Maria opened the door to Chase's bathroom slowly, scared that it might be quite disgusting, though much to her surprise it was extremely clean. She began to take out her things. She set her red toothbrush into a little slot and put her whitening fluoride toothpaste that she specialty ordered into the medicine cabinet, along with her deodorant, floss, and perfume, and then body spray for the days that she wasn't at the office. She unloaded her hair products that helped keep her naturally untamed hair straight under the sink in a nice precise and clean order. She put her shampoo on the little shelf thing built into the shower walls and then began her nightly ritual. Brushing, flossing, washing. And for specific times too, so she always kept a watch near her while she did this. This is how she kept her teeth extremely white, and her face extremely clean and skin vibrant. She had in theory found "the fountain of youth".

Isabelle had found that Ryan's bathroom was very neat and it smelled of cologne. Polo Blue. She recognized it right away. The little rugs were also a dark blue which seemed to fit her taste alright, she preferred red to any other color, but blue brought out her eyes and so applying makeup in here would work wonders. She noticed that he too had a few hair products, mostly bed head. She wouldn't complain, alot of stylists use it. It smells good, does alright for your hair but doesn't give it that umph. She began unloading product after product. She began with shampoo and conditioner which she put on the shelf in the shower. She also put her own personal herbal body wash and shaving gel and razor in there. She then began unloading her skin products. Moisturizers, Astringent, Masks, Scrubs, All natural products, Creams, the whole nine yards. Her hair regiment was a little different. She had at least two products for every style you wanted, curly, straight, wavy, anything. And then she simply had things to maintain healthy hair and shiny hair. She put all of these under the sink next to Ryan's things of course. She put her deodorant, floss, whitening toothpaste, and whitening gel with a mold specifically made to fit her mouth, and expensive Chanel perfume in the medicine cabinet along with her nightly mask. She set her hot pink toothbrush in the holder next to his. And then she turned the faucet on and began what would soon be known as "The Pampered Princess Routine."

As both girls finished their routines, obviously at different times. They headed off to bed. Finding that Chase was already asleep. The lights were off and Rascal was roaming. Maria had found him curled up on her bed, she didn't really mind she loved dogs, and it was nice to have some company in a new city. However, what wasn't nice was the raindrops that kept falling on her head. Literally. It rains alot in Seattle and when you've got a leaky ceiling you've got a problem. Maria was drenched. Instead of staying soaking wet she got up and went to sleep on the couch. As for Isabelle, she was freezing. That stupid draft wouldn't go away and it made the worst howling sound imaginable, worse than when Rodeo would get upset because you wouldn't pet him. It kept her up all night. In fact, she was awake long enough to hear Ryan come in at four AM.

"What are you doing up?"He asked quietly as he slipped his jacket off, and tossed it on to his bed. Isabelle looked around his room, it was painted grey with photography in frames.

"There's a really bad draft in my room." She said plainly as she sat down on his bed.

"A draft, like cracks in the window?" he asked.

"Do I look stupid?" she asked. He kept his comment to himself,

"I'll fix it on my off time, until then can you put something over the window?" Isabelle looked at him like he was dumb as a box of rocks.

"Can you?" she asked. And he just sighed,

"Yeah Princess, I'll do it in a few minutes.

The noise from the voices talking in the hallway stirred Maria from her already uncomfortable sleeping situation, yes the furniture was pretty, but oh dear lord was it stiff. She noticed that both Ryan and Isabelle's lights were on. She slowly got up and walked towards the sound of the two talking.

"Mind if I join you?" She asked pleasantly.

"Not at all." Ryan said with a sigh.

"Ew, what happened to your hair?" Isabelle asked, pointing to the spot that had gotten curly and damp where everywhere else was dry and straight.

"There's a leak in my ceiling." She said flatly, though it was obviously directed towards Ryan.

"So what am I like the goto guy for fixing things, Chase lives here too." He huffed.

"Chase would be all eco-friendly and never get it done." Maria said with a sigh, "He'd take like three weeks finding environment friendly plaster."

Ryan looked out the window at the empty street before replying, "I'll tell you like I told Izzy, find a temporary solution and I'll fix it on my days off. If it really starts to bug you though, tell Chase. Okay, now I'm tired and as much as I'd love to speak with you two lovely ladies, I would really like to sleep before morning rush hour hits and it gets loud." And with that the two girls left. Without a solution. Without an answer. Just a pissed off roommate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Good?

No?

I'll put up the last finished chapter.
It's a tad bit detailed, I believe you'll need it in the future.
=D