Testing The Strong Ones

06

The leak and the draft still weren't fixed by the time it came for Maria, and Isabelle to settle down. Maria just liked to fluster Chase, so once again she and Rascal headed for his room. And got comfortable in his bed.

"You could always just move your bed." Chase said sighing coming into the room.

"I could, but there are other places where it leaks. I'd just like it fixed, considering I wasn't told when I put a deposit tha-"

"I understand." he said cutting her off and getting into bed with her. "There's also a couch."

"Isabelle took it, she's doing her pampered princess routine as Ryan calls it." she smirked as Chase struggled to get comfortable without his skin touching hers. Maria had to admit she didn't mind it. His skin on hers, he wasn't ugly far from it. And fit like she, and as she saw that morning quite equipped. Too bad he lived a pure lifestyle, she didn't have the time for a real relationship. The last one of 3 years was an utter fail, what made it worse was that she had never seen it coming. She figured that night he was going to propose to her. Even thinking about it made the sting come back to her eyes.

"Are you ok?" Chase whispered peeking over her shoulder. He must have heard her sniff.

"Yeah," she choked out.

"No you're not." he said sitting up, as she tried to. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." she sniffed."Just some bad memories."

"That make you start crying?" he said handing her a tissue.

"It's nothing ok?"

"Fine." he said sighing and settling back into bed. He hoped she could get to sleep, for some reason. He really didn't like to see her sad.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Izzy?" Ryan said shaking her.

"Hmmf?" Isabelle sighed, slowly waking up out of her uncomfortable sleep.

"You can sleep in my bed." Ryan sighed, not really know why he was doing what he was doing.

"No I'm fine here." she sighed repositioning herself on the couch. She looked like she was struggling.

"No you're not, come on. I promise I'll fix the draft tomorrow. But in the mean time you can sleep in my bed." he sighed

"I told you it's fine." she huffed, still trying to find a comfortable position on the couch.

"For someone who acts like a princess you sure are being stubborn" he sighed, waiting for her to move. She didn't, so he left her there. Mumbling on his way to his room.

Isabelle laid there on the uncomfortable couch for few moments, trying to understand why he would let her even sleep in his bed. He didn't like her, at least that's the way he made it seem. So she settled for the hard, uncomfortable couch, Rodeo decided to go with Ryan. Of course he waited for Ryan to get settled before he went in the room.

"Damn cat." she heard Ryan murmur, but she didn't hear a thump of Rodeo jumping down. She smiled to herself, almost wishing she had done like her cat.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Here we are again." Maria murmured as she and Chase were wrapped around each other.

"It's the body heat." he half smiled, not moving. He was comfortable, he couldn't deny that.

"Oh sure." she chuckled.

"Maria."

"Hmm?" she breathed in, she decided she liked the way he smelled.

"Why were you crying last night?" he wanted to know. And for some reason Maria felt she could tell him.

"I was almost married before I moved here." she sighed.

"Oh."

"He decided that I wasn't his priority. And dumped me."

"I'm sorry."

"I am too, it was 3 years of my life wasted."

"If it's any consolation, I'd make you my first priority." he said not really realizing what was coming out of his mouth. And not really realizing his hold around her was getting tighter and pulling her closer.

"Thanks." she sniffed

"What time do you work today?"

"I should probably get up." she yawned, turning onto her back.

"Have you ever taken a day off?" he asked her trying not to stare at her curves.

"To move." she laughed.

"Maybe you should." he chuckled.

"Probably." she said sitting up on her elbow to face him. He reached out and took a piece of her hair and twirled it around his fingers.

"But I should get to work." she half smiled and got up. Stopping what probably would've happened. She didn't need it,
----------------------------------------------------------

"Oh God." Isabelle couldn't move, it hurt too much.

"The floor probably would have been better." Maria said passing by to her bathroom to get ready for her day.

I just need a hot bath and a massage. She thought to herself, she sighed attempting to move once again. She heard scrapping and hammering in her room as she slowly headed towards her bathroom. She peeked in her room, and saw Ryan fixing the window. She almost smiled to herself, but the pain overtook that.

"Hmm, I know this good place where they give good massages. They'll knock the kinks right out." Maria grinned as she appeared out of nowhere. In her suit and her long brown black hair pinned up in a french twist. She even had glasses on the perfect picture of a CEO.

"Thanks."

"They're expensive, but you shouldn't have a problem with that." she smiled. Chase had appeared in the hallway as well. He was looking at Maria as if she were a stranger. Which technically they still were considering they've only been living together for about a week.

"I can give you a massage after your bath, for free." Chase said.

Maria quirked an eyebrow, then turned and bid everyone a good day. Isabelle thanked Chase for the offer, but didn't accept. Ryan was staring at her, for some reason that made her say no.
♠ ♠ ♠
I believe I'm getting carried away with this story.

I'll probably stop in a few weeks.