Testing The Strong Ones

09

Isabelle felt like going out, even in her small hometown with one stoplight, she still managed to go out with her girlfriends and have a good time. Except they weren't here, and the one friend she was somewhat making was at work. And the other was no where to be found. She had even thought of seeing if Chase would show her around the town, but she couldn't find him either.

So Isabelle got dressed any how, simple but low cut blue tie around dress. Blue peep-toe wedges, she looked like she belonged in a Delia's magazine. She was headed for the door when she heard a whimper and a meow. She had almost forgot that she would be leaving the animals alone.

"Don't worry, I won't be gone long. I just want to see the town." she said patting them both, then realizing they probably thought she was an idiot for talking to them. Isabelle then set out, dressed up, not knowing where to go. She walked by a few places with people, all near her age to what it looked like, standing outside them. She soon realized after a few places a guy started to follow her, he didn't have an eerie smirk on his face. He even waved, and gave a sweet smile. So she stopped and waited for him to catch up to her.

"I'm Eren, you look lost." he chuckled, he had choppy short brown hair. And gray eyes, that were soft. There was no gut instinct to tell him to beat it, so Isabelle didn't.

"Well I've just moved here about 2 weeks ago, I'm Isabelle." she smiled back, they started walking again.

"Oh? Where from?"

"Georgia."

"Why so far?"

"School, I'm studying-"

"Medicine?" Isabelle nodded "Me too, they say we have one of the best schools."

"So is it nice, like the teachers I mean?" Isabelle was starting to feel even more comfortable. As she and Eren continued to talk,

"It's OK, there's a lot of teachers assistants though. Some people like to take advantage of them, it's not recommended." he smirked.

"I would assume so." Isabelle chuckled.

"Well are you hungry or anything? This is a good place to eat, or just get a drink." he smiled at her, his gray eyes shining.

"Sure." he opened the door for her. It was a nice bar, but casual at the same time.

"Do you want to sit at the bar or at a table?"

"A table is fine." He led her to a table, and even pulled out her chair for her. She loosened up even further to enjoy her new friend. He went to go get them drinks, normally she would have ordered for herself. But she almost trusted him enough to not play something like that on her.

"So where are you originally from Eren?" she smiled cheekily as he came back with their drinks.

"Here, I figured you'd just want some tea." he smiled, she almost took it as a smart-ass comment, but saw he had the same thing. She sipped it to make sure it wasn't too sweet, as in long island sweet. It was actually a normal taste like the kind her mother would make. The only thing her mother would make on a daily basis, without a maids help.

"Almost close to home." she said letting her Georgia twang slip out a little. He chuckled, Isabelle decided that she liked Eren. And he wasn't that bad looking either.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan had seen her since she had walked in. And he had to stop and pause for a moment to take her in. He had to admit she knew how to make a guy stop and stare. No matter how annoying she seemed at times. What was really annoying is that she had a guy with her. And she seemed to be enjoying herself, what was even more annoying as that she didn't know that this was the bar that he worked at.
And she didn't notice him working at the bar, where her friend had just ordered their teas. He was glad to see that Isabelle wasn't as naive as she seemed, he didn't order anything but normal sweet tea. It still annoyed him that she still hadn't noticed him yet. He kept looking up, seeing that she was enjoying herself. Smiling, laughing, the one that sometimes made his stomach flip. Even when she had previously made him angry only minutes before.

"Ryan?" Erika, his co-worker said snapping him out his thoughts.

"What?" he said still not looking away from where Isabelle was sitting.

"She seems a bit out of your league, and taken." she chuckled, seeing where Ryan's path of view was.

"She's my roommate actually, one of the new ones." he said finally looking away.

"The one that made you fix her window?" she said loading up a tray to take to a customer.

"Yeah," he grinned, looking back at Isabelle who still hadn't noticed her. But he saw that Erika was their waitress. He waited for Erika to come back,

"Hey, can you take this to her table. Say it's from the bartender." he smirked knowing Isabelle liked that horrible T-pain song. But she'd understand, maybe.

"Cute." Erika smirked as the fruity non-alcoholic drink.

"I know right?" Ryan smiled and watched as the drink was brought to Isabelle, who finally looked up in his direction. She grinned, and waved. He gave her a head nod back. And she went back to her date, was that all he wanted? He watched her sip on her drink that he had personally made for her. And got annoyed again, as she began smiling and laughing at what ever her date was saying.

"Still out of your league." Erika scoffed as Ryan tended to another customer. No it was not all he wanted, he hoped she would do him the courtesy of saying 'hello' or 'thanks for the drink' at least on her way out. But for some reason, it still annoyed him that she was here with another guy.