Perfection Doesn't Exist

+&.4

The first part of the tour was crazy and chaotic; as much fun as Jesse had with Vinny and the guys, she was tired when it was all said and done. She had become pretty good friends with all of the guys, even Alex. She was quite proud of herself for that.

They had left several hours prior from the last stop and were finally pulling into Alex’s at around five thirty, which Jesse didn’t think was too bad at all. Everyone climbed off of the bus slowly going in different directions. Jesse walked over to the storage area of the bus with Matt, who helped her get her stuff out and brought it to her car with her.

Alex was still on the bus gathering up some of his last minute things when he looked out the window to see Matt walking closely with Jesse over to her car. Alex shamelessly continued to watch. Matt said something, smiled, and caused Jesse to laugh. He laughed too, and then leaned down and hugged her. Alex continued watching the exchange with extreme curiosity. Vinny, who was also still on the bus gathering crap up, walked over to Alex to see what he was doing. “What—or rather who—are you watching, man?”

Alex looked at him and said, “Do you think something is going on there?”

Vinny looked out the window where Alex had gestured. He wasn’t sure; sometimes, it looked like it, like now. “I don’t know, why?”

Alex smirked. “I was just thinking that it’s been awhile since Matt got laid.”

Vinny rolled his eyes. “Stay out of it, man. It’ll only backfire on you in the end.”

Alex just smirked. He wasn’t letting up on this.

Back outside, Matt let go of Jesse and smiled. “Thanks for doing this for us, Jess. It was a big help.”

Jesse smiled and nodded. “No problem, Matt. Call me later?”

Matt nodded, gave Jesse’s arm one last squeeze, and then turned to walk away to his car. Jesse smiled at him, climbed into her car, and drove home.

***

Home. It was nice to be home, that was for sure. Even though I had only been gone for a little less than a week, it was still nice to be home. I slid my key into the lock and opened the door to my house, walking in and taking in everything that hadn’t changed in the past week. My best friend, Nikki, who lived with me, had left this morning for her parent’s house for Christmas. I looked around and suddenly heard the pitter patter noises of a little puppy’s toenails hitting the hardwood floors. I smiled and kneeled, preparing for the attack. My golden retriever puppy, Chloe, rounded the corner and barreled towards me at full speed. She was ten months old, and the cutest thing ever. “Chlo!” I exclaimed, picking her up and cuddling her. She licked my face and I laughed, setting her down.

I walked further into the entryway and took a left into the kitchen. I walked over to the phone/message board and read the message Nikki left me.

Jesse-
How was the tour? Call me when you get home, PLEASE! Chloe was great, too. Love you!
Nikki


I smiled and hit the play button to listen to the four new messages. The first message was Nikki, reminding me to call her, the second was my mom, reminding me I was to come home in the next few days for Christmas, the third was Alex, making sure I got home safely, and the fourth was a hang up. I called my mom to let her know I’d be home in two days, texted Nikki and told her I’d call her later, and then dialed Alex’s number. I didn’t think it was necessary to call him after having seen him less than a half hour ago, but I called anyways. “Hello?” he answered on the third ring.

“’Sup, Gaskarth?” I replied, making him chuckle.

“Well, nothing really. Just looking for something to eat.”

At the mention of food, my stomach grumbled. I looked down at it, chuckled to myself and said, “Smart idea; I’m starving.”

“I can be smart when I try. Want to grab a bite to eat somewhere? I’m not having much luck here.”

I shrugged. “Not really; get a pizza and bring it over, and maybe I’ll share.”

Alex laughed. “See you in twenty.”

I smirked. “Bye Alex!”

While I waited, I threw my laundry in the washing machine and picked up my room and the rest of the house a little bit. I changed into a pair of my favorite jeans and an old, comfy hoodie, slipped on some slippers, and then heard the doorbell followed by the door opening. I rolled my eyes and walked out to the entryway. “What, do you not wait for me to let you in?”

Alex smirked. “No; I figured you’d either be prepared for me, or be naked. Both would be good, so who cares?”

I smacked Alex on the shoulder and walked over to the pizza box. I opened it and smelled the fresh cheese and smiled. “Thank you!” I exclaimed, stealing a slice and taking a big bite. I walked over to the counter and hopped up while crossing my legs at my ankles and swinging them back and forth.

Alex grabbed a slice and took a bite, watching me carefully. “So, what’s going on between you and Flyzik?” he asked me bluntly, almost causing me to choke on my pizza.

“What?” I asked him dryly.

Alex smirked and finished off his second piece of pizza. He shrugged and said, “I don’t know, it just seems like something’s going on there.”

I rolled my eyes. “Get your eyes checked Gaskarth,” I told him, hopping off of the counter and sauntering over to the fridge to get a bottle of water. “Matt is a friend, that’s all.” I turned around with water bottle in tow and suddenly, Alex was right there and I was face to face—or, should I say face to chest—with him. I stumbled back a little bit but he caught me.

“Ok, so if you’re just friends, I can do this?” he asked, but didn’t give me time to answer. Instead, he kissed me but not on the lips. No, instead, he kissed a sensitive spot right on my jaw line. I froze on the spot. Alex chuckled and pulled back. “What?” he asked quietly.

I shook my head and stumbled back. Alex had won, whether we were playing a game or not; he caught me off guard and left me completely speechless. Not fair, I thought to myself. Alex smirked, nodded, walked closer to me, and kissed my cheek, then the corner of my lips, and finally my lips. I was crawling out of my skin when he pulled back and I didn’t know why. I pushed by him lightly and said, “That’s not fair; you caught me off guard.”

Alex laughed and turned to me. “All’s fair in love and war,” he told me with a smirk. I was beginning to hate that smirk of his.

I rolled my eyes and groaned. This wasn’t going to happen; not with Alex. “Forget it Alex; this is not going to happen between us. Just because you were slightly nice to me during the tour, doesn’t mean-” I stopped. I would have continued, but when I turned around to face Alex and lecture him more, he had snuck up on me again. He was centimeters from my face and when he exhaled his breath blew across my cheek. My breath caught in my throat and he noticed.

“What were you saying?” he asked me.

I gulped and shook my head. I couldn’t remember.

Alex smirked and kissed my cheek. “I’ve got to get going, but I’ll call you later. Bye, Jess.”

Then, he was gone.

***

Alex twirled his keys on his finger as he walked out of Jesse’s house. His plan was falling in to place now, and he was determined to carry it out full force; he was just praying this didn’t come back to bite him in the ass like Vinny thought it would. Alex hopped into his car and turned it on. While he waited for it to heat up, he got his iPhone out and unlocked it. He had a new message from Jack.

ALEX! Cum 2 Matt’s, ASAP.

Alex laughed at his friend’s intentional use of the word “cum” and pulled out of Jesse’s driveway. He headed over to Matt’s place, even though he was kind of exhausted. Bursting through the front door to avoid the cold weather, he called out, “Hello?” to let his arrival be known and then walked further into the house looking for his friends.

He found Matt in the living room watching TV mindlessly. “What's with the emergency, Flyzik?”

Matt turned towards his friend and shrugged. “I didn’t organize anything; Jack said he was bored and decided to call the rest of you. Where were you that you got here so fast, anyways?”

Alex smirked. Operation: Set Up Flyzik and Jesse was in motion. “At Jesse’s.”

Matt frowned for a second and then said, “Why?” curiously.

Alex shrugged. “We’re friends; plus, she’s hot.” Alex cringed on the inside. If any of this got back to Jesse, he was going to regret it later.

Matt scowled a little at Alex’s behavior. “Don’t screw with her, Alex.”

The brunette chuckled. “I’m not; we were just hanging out… and I kissed her, no biggie.”

Matt’s scowl increased. “I’m serious, Alex.”

Alex laughed. “Lighten up, man. She already lectured me and told me off a little, so everything’s fine.”

Internally, Matt smiled. He knew Jesse could and would take care of herself, but hearing she did so made him even happier. On the outside, Matt shook his head and said, “Whatever.”

Alex figured his plan was working; he just hoped he knew what he was doing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I lost a subber. =[ Anyways, I hope you like this; feedback would be great! =] <3