Status: very slow activity

Is That Your Reason or Your Excuse?

Taco Bell?

So far this trip has been an awkward moment after a moment. I didn't think I could take anymore. But once we got to the next city my thoughts were washed away. It was filled with lights and colorful people. As soon as we got to Los Angeles we instantly hit the closest mall we could find. I think I was more excited about the mall then anything else. Even though I've already went to another one before. This one's size was massive. I never thought a building could hold so many stores! I wanted to go through every store possible but I knew we couldn't. We didn't come here to shop, we came for food. But I couldn't help but be so excited. However, the astonishment that I got from the mall didn't even seem to faze anyone else in the group. They all acted like it was no big deal, like they've gone to malls before. Which I'm pretty sure they have.

After all, I'm the outcast here. I was the bird that was finally set free and was just getting used to her wings. But even though I showed a brave face, I was still a nervous wreck on the inside. Especially since the whole Zacky incident. I was still pretty confused about it.

"Come on," Jimmy whined. "Lets go to Taco Bell!"

"What's Taco Bell?" I asked.

Everyone stopped their walking immediately and looked at me like I was some sort of stranger. I instantly regretted my question. I could quickly feel cheeks become heated by the sudden attention.

"What?" Jimmy gasped. "You don't know what Taco Bell is?"

I shook my head in discomfiture.

"Hey," Matt said. "give the girl a break. She's been under a rock this whole time."

"Which brings me to this question," Valary said. "Why were you working as a maid in Zacky's place?"

"Aunt Wendy and Uncle Joe were the only relatives I had left that could take care of me, otherwise I would've ended up in a foster home," I answered.

"And they serve the Bakers too, right?" Brian asked. I nodded.

"Wow, one family under the control of Zacky. That's crazy, man," Johnny said.

The group had new expressions on their faces of understanding. I now realized they never truly comprehended how much power Zacky had. How much wealth he was entitled to. I always heard how unhappy he was from my aunt and uncle. I never could understand how a person could be so unhappy with the world in his hands. He always had everything I wanted: freedom, money, and a real home to live with the people he cared most about. I don't think I could ever understand how he just gave it all up for a band that had no guaranteed future.

"Well, I'm hungry lets just get something to eat," Valary said.

Everyone nodded and we preceded our way to Taco Bell. As we were walking I noticed Zacky and Brian looking at each other inventively, as if they were having their own silent conversation. They broke off their conversations a few moments later.

"Hey guys," Brian said as we continued walking. "me and Zacky are gonna head off to the bathroom. So we'll catch up with you later."

Jimmy instantly turned to them and met their gaze. He was having the same silent conversation with Brian. Brian nodded and Jimmy smiled.

"I'mma go too," Jimmy said as he followed them.

"You know what they're doing right, Val?" Matt asked.

Valary face looked distraught. "I know Matt. And I also know that nothing I ever do will ever really stop them."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

Valary, Matt, and Johnny all looked at me.

"Nothing," Valary said. "just the usual." Valary frowned before giving out a renounced sigh.

I didn't question anymore even if I didn't completely understand what they were talking about.

Matt put an arm around Valary before they strolled along towards Taco Bell. I only knew because it had a huge sign with a the words 'Taco Bell' and a picture of a bell right behind the letters. As we got closer I could smell the inviting aroma.

"So this is Taco Bell?" I asked.

Everyone just looked and smiled at me as if I were a child.

"Yup, best damn fast food around," Matt said with a grin.

Valary just smiled and shook her head. Johnny instantly went to the counter before he turned towards us.

"So….who's paying?" He asked.

"Dude, I thought you were paying for all of us?" Matt asked him.

"No, I don't even have any money on me."

"Then how the hell-"

"Calm down," Valary interrupted. "I've got it. Geez, sometimes I worry what you guys would do if I weren't' around." She said as she walked up to the cashier.

"Actually have a set groupies, that's what." Johnny said.

"Yeah, like any groupie would actually have sex with you," Matt laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know =/
But schools starting in a week & a half & I have to read 2 books x_x
So I've been kinda busy trying to get ready and everything.

I'll try to better on the next update tho :3

Oh & for all of you who like writing Zacky One-shots should enter my contest :]
Clicky <--
Just Saying lol :3