Status: very slow activity

Is That Your Reason or Your Excuse?

Let The Show Begin

“So you guys finally decided to come back,” Valary said rolling her eyes.

“What did you do? Rape her? Geez, man, we’ve been waiting forever!” Jimmy exclaimed.

My cheeks became flushed and I was filled with slight embarrassment and guilt. “I’m sorry,” I said. “We didn’t mean to be so late.”

Valary laughed and walked over to me and gave me a half hug with one arm. “It’s okay. By the way, you better thank me, Baker. I booked you guys a show despite the mishap last night.”

“No way!” Zacky exclaimed.

“Yea, man. Ready to rock out to our first gig this tour?” Matt said to the whole group. All of them raised the arms and cheered. I laughed at all of their goofiness and realized this would be my first time seeing them actually perform. Suddenly I became very excited and anxious.

“So when does it start?” I asked.

“In a couple of hours so we better go now,” Valary said as she forced everyone in the van. I began feeling the butterflies flutter furiously in my stomach. I really didn’t know what to expect at all, though the pure joy and excitement on the others faces made my anxiety ease just a bit.

“So,” Zacky said as he put an arm around me. “ready to see us in action?”

I blushed furiously and I instantly became embarrassed because of I.t I hoped he didn’t notice. “Yeah, so what kind of music is it?” I asked.

“That, my lady, of which you have never heard,” Jimmy said with an enormous cheshire grin.

“I’m afraid you guys will scare her,” Valary commented shaking her head.

I began looking around the vehicle with a questionable look. What kind of music was it? It seemed, however, that everyone wanted it to be surprise. I really didn’t know why, it wasn’t like the genre of music really mattered. Or did it? I instantly became very curious but I knew I wouldn’t be getting any answers til the show started.

“So how was your date?” Brian asked with a grin. Instantly Zacky’s arm appeared by his side and he stood there silent leaving me flabbergasted.

“Date?” I asked.

“Yea, you know, date. A romantic get-together with Zacky.”

“Oh-uh, it wasn’t a date,” I stated shaking my head.

“Right, and I’m still a virgin,” Brian laughed.

“Blow-up dolls don’t count,” Jimmy said. Everyone in the van burst into laughter and they left me with an arched brow. I didn’t get any of the jokes and instantly felt outcasted once more.

“Blow-up doll?” I asked.

Everyone turned towards me. “Don’t worry about it,” Zacky said. “we don’t want to expose your innocent mind of things, yet.” He said patting my head.

“Yet?” I mumbled but he didn’t answer.

The rest of the ride wasn’t as ambitious as before and the group had conversations that I could actually follow but I simply chose to ignore and daydream. Daydream of my life before, now, and in the near future. My thoughts have always seemed to surround the same thing when I let it drift to wherever. I worried about the family I left behind and how it’s been for them since I left. I also wondered if they’re even searching. I wonder how Zacky’s parents must feel and how everyone else’s parents and loved ones do too.

Then I begin to think of a new beginning. A beginning that where I was suppressed or trapped. Where I could actually experience life and live in a world that I’ve only read about. For once I actually felt I had control of my surroundings instead of them having a control on me.

Thoughts like these continued on and on until we made it to the venue that the band was suppose to play in. When I got out and studied my surroundings, I got a feel of what kind of show this would be. It was around six by the time we got there but a few people were still here lounging around the building smoking and conversating. They weren’t any older than we were but these people presented themselves as the boys did.

They wore clothing that seemed as though it either hung on their bodies for the simple function of covering them up or they were just too tight for no particular reason. Their outfits consisted mostly of black and the accessories that were studded and seemed slightly dangerous. Their presence gave out an apathetic attitude. I felt more of an outcast then I did before and the whole situation became unnerving.

“Alright guys, let’s start unpacking,” Matt said and the guys began to open the back of the trunk.

“This is where you guys will be performing?” I asked.

“Yup,” Johnny said. “wonderful isn’t it?”

I looked around the area once more and I wasn’t sure “wonderful” was the word I would exactly use to describe this place. Maybe more like….unique.

“So,” Valary said in a hush voice as she pulled me aside. “did he treat you alright?”

I nodded. “Yes, Zacky wasn’t as bad of a company as I thought he would be.”

“Good,” she said smiling. “he has a good heart but his minds just out of focus. Still, it’ll probably good idea to stay out of his way for a while. You never know when he’ll be like he was again. Drugs are kinda unpredictable that way.”

Drugs weren’t unpredictable, the users were. It made the whole situation even scarier. Still, they were a mystery all on their own. What caused people to use them I would never fully understand.

“So when does the show start?” I asked.

“Oh, I’d say not for another hour,” She said pursing her lips and then began sizing me up. “and that outfit is so not for this show.”

I looked down at my casual dressing. Black v-neck with dark faded jeans and sneakers. I thought I dressed better than the other occupants of this place but apparently Valary still figured it wasn’t good enough for the first show of the tour. I couldn’t argue.

We went entered the venue and were greeted my a shadowy atmosphere that was filled with smoke and the smell of foul liquor. I was pretty sure I had to me at least 21 to enter, but of course, I didn’t question this suspension.

“Okay so lets go into the bathrooms, I have your outfit in her,” she motioned towards her huge purse. I think she could fit almost about anything in there.

Once we were in the unsanitary bathrooms of the bar I entered a stall and she began handing me the outfit pieces one by one. Black skinny jeans, Avenged Sevenfold tee (whatever that is), and black converses. I guess now I was dress to rock?

I came out and asked the same question through body language she replied with a smile and nod of approval.

“Oh yea, you’re dressed up now.”

“So what’s Avenged Sevenfold, exactly? Is that a band?” I asked which simply caused her to create a goofy smile and roll her eyes.

“Duh! Our band!” She laughed.

My eyes widened with realization. Avenged Sevenfold was the boy’s band? Interesting name.

“Huh,” I breathed out.

“Okay let’s go set up the merch stand now,” Valary said as she grabbed my wrist and began pulling me out of the bathroom.

We walked back out and saw the boys on a “stage.” A stage that was nothing more than a couple feet off the ground. They were setting up their equipment and instruments, all focused and engaged in the work. They worked efficiently and productively as though they’ve done it a million times. I imagine they probably have, after all I wasn’t sure how many times Avenged Sevenfold has played at all.

“Okay so I guess we should set up now,” Valary said.

“But aren’t the boys already doing that?” I asked as I looked at them, more at Zacky though. And as I stared he caught my glance and winked. Instantly shyness took over and I looked away with my face warmed up. I looked back at Valary.

“I wasn’t talking about setting up the stage. I was talking about that,” she said as she pointed towards an empty booth. When she realized I still wasn’t getting the gist of what she was saying, she explained further.

“We’re selling merchandise for the boy’s band and to do that we need to set up a booth especially for them so people can buy.”

“Oh okay,” I said. “how can I help?”

“Go to the van and there should be a suitcase labeled ‘merch’ in there. Can you get it?”

“Sure thing, Valary,” I said as I walked out of the dinky venue and into the bright sunlight.

Once I got to the van I noticed that not just one suitcase was labeled ‘merch’ but many several. I sighed and looked back at the building debating whether I should go back in and ask Valary or one of the boys but decided they were already to busy to help me. I began pulling out the heavy cases from the back and tried to pick them all but failed miserably as they all fell with a loud thud alongside my feet. Suddenly I heard a chuckling that startled me and I turned around quickly.

“Zacky,” I breathed out as I clutched my heart. “you scared me.”

“Looks like you need some help,” He said smiling.

“Just a little,” I said as I looked down at all the fallen suitcases.

He walked over and picked up two while I picked up the other two.

“Hey, thanks I don’t think I could’ve carried them all in such a hurry,” I said as I breathed out a sigh of relief as he chuckled.

“No problem,” He said as we walked back into the venue.

Once we were inside Valary thanked us and took a few bags off of Zacky’s hands and we all began setting up the merch booth. The stage was already set up so Zacky didn’t mind. After a few hardworking hours the booth was setup and it was time for the boys to perform. It was almost midnight and surprisingly I wasn’t tired at all. All the anticipation kept me awake and jumpy. I couldn’t stop moving and I was so anxious to hear the boys play.

The venue filled up pretty quickly with more of the suspicious looking kinds of people and a few were even buying a few t-shirts from us. Valary said we were making good money for the very first show. Then suddenly a man got on the stage and the place got quiet.

“I’d like you guys to give a big welcome to Avenged Sevenfold. This is their very first show on the road so I want you guys to help them give em a great show to start out with,” the man said before he left the stage and the boys went on stage. Matt got on there first and head towards the microphone, I never expected him to sing to tell you the truth. Then all the boys went to their instrument. Jimmy seemed the most excited twirling his drumsticks about.

Are you guys ready to rock?” Matt screamed to the crowd. “Alright this one is called Forgotten Faces.”

The guitarist began to play and the crowd began to move viciously with the beat. And then came Matt’s voice, a screaming voice more than a melodic singing one. I didn’t expect such music and it was no surprise when my mouth gaped and my eyes widened. Though everyone else in the building wasn’t as shocked as I was and was in fact entranced by this harsh melody.

After the next few songs, however, I wasn’t so shocked and was actually getting used to the music. Though it was hard to concentrate because of Zacky’s longing gaze towards a girl in the crowd. She wore shredded jeans and a black top that failed to cover her naval area. She even winked a few times at him throughout the small concert. Somehow this little transaction of affection made me uneasy. I don’t know why, though. Me and Zacky didn’t even really have a relationship.

But even as their show ended and the crowd separated as the next band prepared for their show and Zacky wrapped his arm around the girl, the feeling didn’t fade. And for some odd reason, I hated this girl.

“So, who’s this girl Zacky?” Brian asked with a sly smirk.

“Emily, she liked our performance and wants to hang around a bit,” Zacky said with a huge grin.

All the boys seemed to know something unanimously because they all gave Zacky the same sly smile. Valary didn’t seem to care and I didn’t have a clue what was going on.

“Come on boys,” Valary said. “we’ve got to put everything back. And you would not believe how many t-shirts we sold!”

“Uh, you guys can pack up. I’ll catch up with you later,” Zacky said. “I’m gonna walk Emily to her car.”

“Alright man,” Brian said giving Zacky a farewell handshake. “be careful.”

Once Zacky was out of view the boys began to snicker.

“Looks like someone’s getting some,” Jimmy sang as we began pushing the drum set across the venue to the door.

“Yea, lucky bastard,” Johnny muttered.

“Huh?” I mumbled.

“Just ignore them,” Valary said rolling her eyes.

And as much as I tried to ignore their comments, I knew exactly what they meant and I began to loath that girl to the point that it scared me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh.Em.Geeee!
It's been a while o.o
hahah hope you guys like this looooooong update :) I know it's not that exciting but it will be.
Thank you guys for staying loyal to this story and not giving up on it, even if I haven't updated in a century. You guys are awesome!