Status: very slow activity

Is That Your Reason or Your Excuse?

Embarassing, Much?

I heard the throbbing rhythmic music beating against my ears. Lights were flashing and a hundred unfamiliar faces were everywhere. It was completely weird and scary, but also exciting. Technically, this was my first party so I couldn't really help my eyes glance at everything. I wanted to soak in this new environment before I had to be placed in my cage once more. This was the closest thing I've gotten to someone who was the same age I was. For the most part, my whole body was trembling. I almost kept tripping and spilling drinks I was suppose to be handing to everyone. Even a few guys were snickering at me because of it. Embarrassing you ask? Very.

I was only in a simple black serving dress with a white apron, my hair pulled tightly back in a bun. Hardly party material. But I wasn't here to enjoy myself, as much as I would wish too, but I was simply here to serve the party. After all I am a servant. I live to serve others, no matter how awkward it may seem, especially when everyone around you seemed like princes and princesses and your just an ugly toad hopping about. I felt really out of place, at this point I actually wanted to go back into the basement where I couldn't be seen anymore.

After a few moments I realized there were no more cups on the silver tray I was holding. I quickly retreated to the kitchen, placed the tray on the counter next to Bianca, and let out a sigh of relief. There were small beads of sweat that formed on my forehead from the confined space and anxiety that I'd been dealing with since people started arriving to the party.

"Tired, Amy?" Bianca asked as she filled cups up one by one and placed them on the silver tray.

"A bit," I mumbled wiping off the sweat.

"Don't worry, just a little more time," She said in her thick accent.

I nodded and sighed in relief. Still, I wonder how long this party would really hold out. Parties generally lasted very long, but after all, Mr. and Mrs. Baker were chaperoning it. I figured out who the two were, they were basically the only adults in the party that was dressed well and fit. I still couldn't figure out who the two Baker boys were, after all, they're way to many boys to decipher from. Even though, a few I could instantly tell that they weren't the Baker boys. Mostly because of a few features in their appearance that was too obvious and insanely ridiculous to even consider to be a high class Baker.

But even so, being around so many boys troubled me. Only because I knew instantly that I couldn't match up the beauty to any of the girls that attended the party. I was in an awful black serving dress and the rest of the girls were in sparkles and glitter. They had pizzazz, all I had was free fruit punch. Yeah, that could really catch a guys attention, free drinks. I sighed and rub my forehead, praying to the heavens this awkward night would

Suddenly a boy stormed into the party. The boy hastily went to the refrigerator and took out a coke. After that he placed himself against a counter, leaning his elbow was propped on top while he chugged his Coca-Cola. Instantly I felt the heat rush into my cheeks and my heart beat quicken. In all honesty, I've never seen such a cute boy. Which doesn't say much since I've never even really seen a boy before till today.

Yeah I know, it's pitiful.

"Master Zacky," Bianca began. "What troubles you?"

Instantly my eyes bugged and I looked away from him. I instantly felt mortified. I couldn’t' even look at him, nonetheless be in the same room! I already knew I looked like a cherry, I could feel myself blushing with exceeded embarrassment.

"Nothing," I heard Zacky huff. "This party just a really fucking lame. Its not even a birthday party, it might as well be one of my parent's get-togethers."

Bianca turned away from the cups, which I really wish she hadn't. She wasn't done and I couldn't go out there without the tray full of cups. I knew that if I even tried filling the cups myself, Bianca would slap my hand away.

"Master Zacky, your parents worked hard to put this party together."

"Yeah right, like hell they did. More like paid to get this party together. Hell, I bet they didn't even know half of those people I don't even associate with. I bet they don't even care. As long as they can have another party to show off so everyone else will think how great and wealthy they are. They don't care, they never do."

"Now Master Zacky! Your parents do care about you!" Bianca protested.

"Umm, Bianca…can I please-uh, the cups?" I stuttered.

I could see from the corner of my eye that Zacky was looking at me, which I wish he wasn't, it only made me feel more nervous. I could suddenly feel my whole body shaking.

"Oh! Sorry!" She said hurriedly.

I tried to make as much of a barrier with my hair as much as I possibly could between Zacky and me. Trying my best to make sure he couldn't see my face. I was already mortified as much as I could possibly be. I waited anxiously as Bianca filled each cup. Once she was done I quickly took the silver tray and walked back to the party, ignoring Bianca's calls. I just wanted to get out of there as quickly as I could.

Once I went back out I noticed the part seemed to have died down, I guess the party was almost coming to an end. I was pretty thankful for it, but at the same time it was depressing me. This is the most company I would ever come across until I actually got out of here and got my own place. But that would probably would actually take a while. But mostly, I was glad that the party was almost over with. Getting away from my comfort zone proved to be awful. It was a nice experience but I don't think I could get used to it anytime soon.

After a while I began to feel like a real idiot, no one was taking anymore drinks. Everyone was worried about leaving now, well mostly because Mr. and Mrs. Baker were ushering them out the door. Were they pushy about it too. But I guess that's how it is when you're rich, you want everything done right and in a short amount of time. Still, I was feeling awkward just standing there in the living area with a tray full of drinks when everyone was practically gone, the music was still going, however. That sort of eased off the awkwardness for a while, until I saw Zacky come into the living area.

I began getting really anxious every time I saw him, I guess it would be like old times, when a peasant was brought before a king. It was really nerve wrecking and I almost felt like I was about to spill the whole silver tray over. I almost felt like puking every time I saw him. I guess the thing that stopped me from throwing up was his charm. He was attractive but he had this attractiveness like he didn't care. Like he didn't care whether he was attractive or not. I guess that sort of made him even more handsome. But then I really started to feel the butterflies when he spotted me across the living area. I was pretty happy the lights were still dimmed and the strobe lights were still going, which I don't really see why they should be anyways. Though, as he set his eyes on me I really felt the contents of my stomach come up. That’s when I made a run for it to the kitchen. Well, not really run, more like fast pace walk. Otherwise I'd drop the tray.

I figured that going to the kitchen now wouldn't hurt my job. There was only about twenty people in the living area now saying there wishes to the birthday boy. That was a lot less then the hundred who were here earlier.

"Party was good, no?" Bianca asked.

I nodded and put the silver tray down on a counter, wiping my forehead after doing so.

"And Master Zacky seems interested," she said with a hint of amusement and excitement.

I didn't know what she meant by it but I carried on the conversation, I didn't really feel like going to bed now anyways.

"Interested? In what?" I asked casually as I poured out each liquid content of the cups out on the sink.

"You."

And as she said those words my voice hitched. Suddenly I felt very tired. I wanted so bad to be in bed right now, anywhere but here. But I couldn't just walk away from Bianca, you never could with someone like her. Even if you weren't a polite person, you always had to be polite with Bianca. She just had that kind of effect on you.

"Really?"

"Yes, he said you were cute."

That’s when I rolled my eyes. Me cute? Yeah, right.

"C'mon Bianca, stop kidding."

She just laughed and continued to clean up the enormous kitchen.

Bianca was always a kidder, she liked to lighten anyone's mood no matter who you were. She really was one of a kind. I guess she had a sort of charm to her too.

After that we started cleaning silently. I figured I might as well help her out. I figured I wouldn't get into any trouble anyways. The Bakers never come in here anyways, they're so used to getting the food served to them rather then making it. Even if they just wanted a soda, it was instantly served to them. That's one of the reasons that through me off about Zacky when I met him. He instantly got a soda from the fridge when could just have easily ordered one. Even after that I knew he wasn't anything like his parents who were making orders left and right throughout the whole party.

"Talk to him," Bianca said, which instantly startled me.

"What?"

"Talk to him, talk to Master Zacky."

I didn't say anything after that. I couldn't. I continued wiping off the stove and counters. The simple thought of even approaching Zacky made my legs quiver. There was no way I could ever talk to him. We'd have nothing to talk about. He went to a prep school, while I was home schooled in a lousy basement. He most likely had a million friends, and I had none. He was good looking and I was no where near decent. Facts were, we just don't click.

"Um, well, I'm going to go to bed. Night, Bianca." I said as I headed towards the door, rather quickly too.

Just as I walked through the door I heard her yell, "Talk to him!" I just ignore it and continued on.

Even as I made my way down the stairs that led to the basement I could hear someone groaning out in pain. Instantly, I knew that it was Gertrude and her broken ankle. Once I made it down the stairs, I walked over to her bed to prove my suspicions. And of course I was right. I instantly felt sympathetic as I saw her lay there in her agony. Aunt Wendy and Uncle Joe were there beside her also.

"Is she okay?" I asked Aunty.

Aunty looked at me with a sad look and just shook her head.

"She'll be fine don't worry. We just don't know how soon she'll be able to recover. I'm sorry Amy, but is it okay for you to take up her job while she recovers?" Aunty asked.

I honestly never understood why she ever asked, she knew I would never say no. I guess she's just polite.

"Of course Aunty."

"Good now I need you to start cleaning Master Zacky and Master Matt's bedrooms every day in the morning. Evenings on Weekends. And on top of that clean all bathrooms, unless its too much trouble."

"No Aunty, no trouble."

Great. Now I had to clean his room, again!
♠ ♠ ♠
yay! Update :]

I should get a brownie now......or comments :]
Whichever work :3

Really not that picky lol.