Sequel: Jamie's New Love

Jamie's New Life

Chapter 8

Mike’s POV

I was headed to the living room because Jamie hadn’t come to the studio.
I walked into the room and was about to say something but I saw Patrick and Jamie, hugging. He was rocking her back and forward. I could hear faint crying. He was comforting her. Patrick opened his eyes and looked at me.
He mouthed “She’s fine now.”
I gave a thumbs up and left the room.

I returned to the studio.
“Hey, is Jamie okay?” Billie asked.
“Yeah. Let’s get back to playing.” I said, starting a new conversation.
“Okay.” Tre yelled, pounding the tune of a new song. We hadn’t named it yet but I thought it was a good song.

Patrick’s POV

I let go of her and she had dried her tears. She was a great girl. I pulled her eyes to mine. She was still sad.
“Jamie, you are safe, why are you still fearful and sad?” I asked.
“Patrick, I don’t know! I can’t understand anything anymore! I just can’t!” she yelled, crying once again.
“Jamie. I’ve got you. What happened?” I comforted.
“He beat my mom, he beat me. I hate him. He killed her!” she yelled.
“Did he rape you?” I asked.
“No, he raped my mom. That is how I got here.” she said.
“Did you tell the cops that?” I asked.
“You better or he will be out in five years and do it to someone else.” I said.
“I can’t. He’ll find me.” she said through tears.
“Jamie, you need sleep. Go up to your room and I’ll tell Mike.” I said, pulling her up from the couch, still hugging her.
“Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow.” she said, letting go of me and heading upstairs.

I reached to studio.
I opened the door and they guys were finishing up a song.
“Hey Patrick. What do you need?” Billie asked.
“Umm, nothing, it’s just Jamie just went upstairs for a nap. I just wanted to let you know. She wasn’t feeling so good.” I reported.
“Oh okay. Hey, we need an audience so can you sit in for a while?” Billie asked.
“Sure. I don’t have plans.” I said.
I sat on the couch and listened.

They finished and I clapped.
“Great. I like Mike’s bass solo. And I love the beat.” I complemented.
“Thanks.” Mike said, putting his bass down.
“Where you going?” Billie asked.
“To check on Jamie.” He said, leaving the room.

To Be Continued....