A Twisted Love Affair

Family reunion

“Hello?” I’d decided to give Emily a call. I hadn’t been able to talk to her last night, and maybe, just maybe, she had some stories about this Jake person. “Hey Em. What’s up? Have fun with Jaaaakkkeee?” I heard Emily sigh and I rolled my eyes. Is this YET another perfectly good guy down the drain? “He wasn’t…I dunno. He just wasn’t right.” “Emily. NO ONE IF RIGHT FOR YOU! You’re so freakin picky!” I shook my head and fell back on the bed. Emily’s never had a boyfriend because no one is ever good enough. “There’s someone!” And cue the lights, camera, ARGUE!! “Emily. Seriously. When was the last time you considered asking a guy out?” “Before Jake and I started dancing.” “Ok. When was the last time you said yes to a guy asking you out?” Silence…then. “Never.” “Exactly.” “Whatever.” Silence again…the bitch hung up on me!!

I spent the next few hours showering, doing my hair, putting on some make-up, and picking out the cutest outfit I could find. If you haven’t guessed I was seeing Andrew today, of course I have to look cute. “IF YOU SAY GOOD-BYE TODAY I’D ASK YOU TOO BE TRUE!” I smacked my head and decided as soon as I hung up the phone, I’d change the ring tone. “Hello?” I was kind of annoyed that someone was calling me; maybe it was just the song. “Hey Chip. What’s up? You ready yet?” I froze. Andrew defiantly made me nervous. “Well…no, I mean yes, I mean…I think.” I head him laughing on the other end of the phone. “My god Chip. Be ready in five. I’m on my way. Love you.” “Love you too?” I said it as more of a question, but I don’t think he noticed. Now…to change that freaking ringtone.

I flipped through all my songs before settling on Thnks Fr Th Mmrs. It was probably the only good song other then Cancer, which dad had ruined. “CHIP!” I whipped around and stared at the window. It had almost shattered from the rock that had been thrown. “CHIP COME ON!” I walked over and looked down at Andrew. He was smiling, and holding a single red rose. Did I forget to tell you that he was the king of corny? Yeah, well he pretty much defines it. It’s defiantly nice sometimes.

I opened the window and stared down at him. “If you expect me to jump out of the window and into your arms, your crazy.” He laughed and shook his head; obviously that’s not what he had in mind. “I’ll meet you at the front door.” I nodded my approval and raced downstairs. There was Andrew, standing at the door, holding the rose in his hands. “Hello beautiful.” He gave me a quick peck on the cheek as I called out to mom, telling her I’d be back later.

“So, are you guys all settled in and everything?” We’re sitting at a table in Starbucks; drinking our hot chocolates and catching up some more. “Yeah, I think we’ve almost got everything unpacked. All that’s left is enrolling me in school.” My heart leaped. “Oh really. What school are you going to?” I tried to keep the excitement out of my voice, really I did. ((AN: Insert crappy Green Day high school product placement here!)) “Uh…Pinhole high I think?” I sighed, not where I was going. “Damn.” It was hard to hide my disappointment. “You’ll still see me. Don’t act like the world is coming to an end.” I gave him a weak smile. As much as I hated it, he had a point there. If we could live for two years without each other at all, we could manage in different schools.

“So, I’ve been meaning to ask you, is Ryan your boyfriend?” It looked like it hurt him to ask the question. What he didn’t know was that it hurt more for me to answer it. I didn’t know whether to lie, or tell him that I really truly loved Ryan and thought we had a future. I decided on a little bit of both. “I don’t know. I love you a lot, I probably always will. But there’s something about him. I just…can’t explain it. I love him too.” I didn’t look him in the eye while I explained. It was easier to tell the table this story then Andrew. “So I’m just gonna have to wait and see?” I forced myself to look up; he was smirking. I should have assumed as much, he’s always loved a challenge. “Don’t think I’m just gonna let Ryan take you away from me.” I don’t know why, but that comment seemed to scare me a little.

I got home about an hour before curfew. Andrew and I spent the whole day wandering around town. It was really fun, but I couldn’t stop thinking about what he’d said. “Don’t think I’m going to let Ryan take you away from me.” It was truly creepy. Not just what he said, but how he said it. It was like he was obsessed or something. Not the kind of thing I was looking for in a boyfriend.

“ONE NIGHT AND ONE MORE TIME, THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES…” My phone rang and I groggily reached for it. Talking to someone was not on my list of things to do right now. “Hegolsmfg?” I didn’t actually manage a hello. I guess I was just too tired. “Hello to you too.” Ryan’s cheery voice rang through the phone. I wondered what he was so happy about. “Hi Ryan…” Lucky me, I managed a sentence. “I have great news. Firstly, Ivy and I are holding a little get-together. We have out own little piece of great news to share with everyone…” Great. She’s knocked up. Just what I need, a baby to compete with. “Are you ready?” “Hmm?” I hadn’t really heard him. “Ok. Well…anyways. I want you to call 555-3225.” “Why?” “Just do it.” Silence again. He was the third person to hang up on my today. You’d think it was a national holiday, or a commandment. “Thou shalt hang up on Chipith.”

I dialled the number and waited. One ring…two rings. “Hello?” Now. As soon as I heard the voice, this is what my face probably looked like. =O+o.O. I thought for a minute that maybe it was dad, but this guy sounded tired and worn out. Dad always sounded peppy and full of life. “He-hello? Uh…my friend Ryan told me to call this number. Who is this?” I was mentally kicking myself in the head for falling for such a stupid trick. “Chip?” Ok…now I’m convinced it’s dad. How else would he know my name? “It’s dad.” He sounded a little better now, a little happier. “Ryan gave you this number?” “Yeah. A few minutes ago.” “Thank god. I knew I could count on him.”

Brendon’s POV: I nearly jumped for joy when I heard Chip’s voice. Being away from her and Katie was killing me, but I knew it was necessary. “Where are you daddy?” Chip sounded so sad. I wanted to run over to our house and give her a huge hug, but I knew it wasn’t possible. “I’m…promise not to tell mom?” “Yes!” She sounded all too happy to make that promise. “I’m in that little hotel just outside of town.” “OMG!! I’M COMING! DON’T YOU MOVE!!” “Chip. Don’t.” “Bye daddy I love you!” I sighed in defeat. I wanted to see her as much as she wanted to come down here. I guess it couldn’t hurt. “Don’t tell your mother. I love you too.” Silence. She must have hung up. I hope she heard the last part.

Chip’s POV: I called Ryan and arranged for him to drive me up to the hotel. There was no way I was passing up this chance, maybe I can convince dad to come home. Maybe mom and him can work everything out. Maybe we can all be a family again. Maybe…

“Are we there yet?” I wasn’t usually this impatient, but today was different. “No. Did you tell your mom you left?” Oops. What’s going to happen when she finds out I’m not there? “Do you have your cell?” Oops again. “No.” Ryan sighed. “Fine. Call her when we get to the hotel.” Jeez. Someone’s in a bad mood today.

When we FINNALY!!! Got to the hotel, I raced up to the front desk, totally leaving Ryan behind. “If a Mr. Brendon Urie staying here?” The lady at the desk glared at me and then calmly stated, “It is company policy not to give out the information of any of our customers.” “Well, then you just proved that he is indeed a customer and is indeed staying here. I’m his daughter, can you please tell me his room number?” She sighed and picked up the phone. “Hello? Yes. You can have a visitor waiting here, she claims to be your daughter.” A few moments later she hung up the phone. “Go right up. It’s room 108.” I skipped the elevators and ran all four stories up to dad’s room.

“DAD! OPEN UP!!” I wasn’t even thinking about noise restrictions as I pounded on his door. “Mmmfargle.” I heard a mumble from inside the room, then a lock clicking, and then the door swung open. Inside the room was dad. He looked really tired, like he hadn’t slept in weeks, and his hair was a tangled mess. That combined with his wrinkled cloths made him look kind of link a hobo. “CHIP!!” I guess none of this kept him from giving me a warm greeting, including THE biggest hug I’ve ever gotten. Not that I minded much. “Hey man.” I turned around and there was Ryan. I guess he had finally caught up. “Come on in.” Dad smiled and moved aside to let Ryan and I into his room.

The room looked better then dad did. It was clean and smelled like air freshener. I guess that was to be expected, this wasn’t exactly a rundown Motel 6. “How’s your mother?” He asked, pulling me into another hug. “She’s ok. She misses you.” He looked down at the ground. “I didn’t cheat on her.” He whispered the words to the ground, as if they weren’t important enough to be said any louder, or to anyone else. “I know.” I whispered back, and I really did. At the moment in time, there was no way I could think daddy would be lying.

“Are you coming home soon?” I asked, trying to shake the tension out of the room. “Well…do you want me back?” He gave me a little smile, like the ones he used to flash when he wanted something. “Of course! Mom does too. I know you guys can work this out!!” He was silent for a few minutes, thinking over all the possibilities. “I’ll be home soon. I promise. Not today, but soon.” My heart fell. I had really been hoping that everything would work out. I guess I was wrong.