A Twisted Love Affair

Ready, Set, GO!

Chip's POV: "CHIP!! GET UP!! COME ON!!" I rolled over and stared at the ceiling. That would be my mom calling me. Ick. I guess I should introduce you. I mean come on you're Panic! Fans. I'm sure you want to know everything so you can come kill her and marry my dad.

So her names Katie. She's...my mom. What more can I say? I guess she's pretty cool. She's a lot more hip then you'd expect from a parent. She tries to keep up with me. I guess I approve.

"CHIP! Are you up?" She burst into my room, letting in a flow of bright light. I sleep in complete darkness so it seriously hurt my eyes. "Yeah...but why?" I pulled the pillow over my head and waited for an answer. "You're father is having a show in 3 hours! and you're going."

As soon as she left I jumped out of bed and got ready. I was NOT passing up a chance to be with Ryan. Besides I'm 100% convinced that one day he'll figure out how awesome I am and ask me to marry him. (Whether that's gonna happen or not is irrelevant. A girl can dream right?)

"Morning!" I skipped into the kitchen and grabbed a piece of toast from dad's plate. "Hey! That was mine!" He smirked at me and I stuck my tongue out. He may be my father but we never act like it. The entire family for the most part is pretty laid back. The whole thing with my mom this morning may not have been the best example...

"So you ready to go?" Mom looked at her watched and grabbed her purse. "Yeah but why? The shows not for another 3 hours!" "Yes but it's a 2 hour drive." Now after hearing that this is what my face looked like -_-. I do not do long car rides. "Fine. Let's get this over with. Are we going with the guys or on our own? Sometimes we ride in a hug tour bus with everyone. "We're going with everyone." I tried to hide my excitement but I think the adrenaline came out when I ran around the house getting my MP3, purse, and notebook.

"Hey guys." Dad hopped up on the buss and greeted everyone. Ryan was their with his girlfri...fiancée *shudders*, Spencer was alone...he happens to be single, and Jon was there by himself as well. His girlfriend was probably working today.

“Hey Chip.” Ryan smiled at me and I immediately went into daydream mode. That damn guy is just so hard not to stare at! However I’m not sure how people found him attractive when he was 19. That’s…just not a pretty picture.

“Chip…is there anybody out there?” Brendon started singing, “Is there anybody out there” by Pink Floyd and Ryan picked up his guitar. By the end of the song we were all singing along and having a good time. Lucky me, I got away with that little zoned out moment.

“So you ready for the show?” I asked to no one in particular. Ryan (of course) looked up and nodded. Flashing me yet another prize-winning smile. “Are you going to be able to handle all this?” He raised his eyebrows and struck a pose. “I…think…so…” I managed to say in between giggle fits. In fact by the time we got to the venue I was rolling around on the ground laughing like a crazy person. I’m sure it didn’t look too good.

“PANIC! AT THE DISCO!!!” The circus guy ran off stage and Panic! entered. It was the same old routine. They played through their set, and they even played a few songs off their first album. Ryan got to sing quite a bit and of course I couldn’t keep my eyes off him. I think my mom and Ivy noticed a little but I didn’t really care. It was just too hard to NOT watch Ryan.

“I’ve got more wit a better kiss a hotter touch!” Brendon leaned down and sung to my mom, Ryan’s lyrics, and Ryan’s lyrics that were as old as I was. Older actually. It was creepy to think about it. I mean there are tons of lyrics older then me, but it’s creepy to hear them sung by your father. Especially when those lyrics are written by the guy I’m in love with. o.O

“Hey did you like it?” The same question I heard every time they played. “Yeah it was awesome!” I gave my dad a big hug and tried to ignore Ryan making out with Ivy. I cringed every time I saw them together. I haven’t really come to terms with the fact that he’s way to old for me. I prefer to dream.

“Ok. So the plan for today is…?” I asked when everyone had finally settled a little. “Well. We’re picking up Emily then heading over to the water park. Sound good?” I smirked. “Nope.” Dad smirked back. “Well it’s going to have to be.” He poked me in the stomach and I pocked him back. “Fine, fine. You win!” I gave in after he grabbed me by my ankles and lifted me upside down. At that point…you just have to give in.

“Ok. Call Emily. Tell her we’ll be there in 2 hours.” I grabbed up dad’s cell and started dialling the numbers. A whole day, at the water park, with my best friend and my crush. What in the world could possibly go wrong?

Everything.