A Twisted Love Affair

Close calls

**Chapter 2**

"Hey Emily!!" She opened the door to her house and I stepped in. Her dog nearly mauled me as she ran upstairs to grab a towel. "Hey boy." I ruffled its ears and sat down. Emily has this gift of taking forever; I think that's why she has a dog. To keep people entertained.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ahhh I'm so excited!!" I yelled jumping off the bus and running towards the entrance. "CHIP! You need tickets!" I turned around and there was dad, holding too day passes. I guess I kind of forgot that you had to pay to get in. "Thanks dad!" I grabbed the tickets and pecked him on the cheek before Emily and I went running full force into the park.

"So where to go first?" I asked, jumping up and down still. "The little kid place?" "YESH!!" We always spent a little time at the little kid park. It's so much fun cuz everything's so small.

"OH LOOK!" I turned to see what Emily was looking at. Over the winter they had built a new water slide. I had totally forgotten about it. It was completely enclosed and went 200 feet off the ground. Not only that it spiralled down then lifted up at the end and sent you flying into a pool of water. "Wanna go?" I think she read my mind.

"Hey. You guys have the same idea?" Ivy smirked as we took our place in line behind them. "Defiantly! This is gonna be so much fun!!" I started jumping again, but my fun got spoiled. "Chip. Stop." I glared at dad and then flicked his head. "You wanna start a war?" He asked. "No not today. I don't feel like getting thrown into pools." Emily laughed at me but I ignored her.

My mom and dad went down first, then Jon, then it was my turn. "Hey. Ho old are you?" I looked up at the guy. "13 why?" He sighed and rolled his eyes. How friendly. "If you're under 16 you have to go with an adult. I glanced at Spencer and then at Ryan. "Come on." Ryan (what are the odds...) smirked and grabbed my arm. "Ready...GO!"

So...here's what happened. Basically I spent five minutes sitting in a yellow tube, going down a 200-foot water slide. Not only that, with Ryan holding onto my waist, and, at the very end when the raft was gone and we were about to flip off, HE TREW ME! So I ended up doing a belly flop into the pool.

"Aww Ryro! Your so mean!" I swam away and waited for Emily to come down the slid. Hehe she had to go with Spencer. “Aww hey Emily. Did’ya have fun with Spppeeennnceeerr!!” She splashed me and in about of I dunno…3 seconds we were having a splashing war.

“HEY YOU!” I turned and saw a lifeguard staring at us. “If you want to go for a swim, go over there!” He pointed to the big pool that WASN’T at the end of a waterslide. “So-orry!” I rolled my eyes and we climbed out of the water, racing to the pool. “HAHA BEAT YOU!” I smirked and pushed her into the water. I’ll teach her to gloat! “Fine. Be like that!” Of course she got me back and pulled me in with her.

“I see you two are having fun!” Mom swam up to us, obviously leaving a very mature (for 30 year olds) splashing fight behind her. “Oh gosh. You’d think they were our age!” I laughed at Jon dunking my dad under the water. “Yeah. Your father can be rather immature sometimes, but that’s what makes it fun.” We all giggle and talked for a bit until FINNALY she left.

“So…when are you telling Ryan you love him?” I glared at Emily. She knew damn well I wasn’t telling him. “How about when hell freezes over? Does that work?” She rolled her eyes and kept going. There’s no stopping Emily on a rant. “Come on. What’s the problem?” I threw my head back in exasperation. How can she not understand? “He is not only 19 years older then me, he’s my dad’s best friend. Don’t you think if I told him it would be a bit…awkward?” Suddenly Emily started laughing hysterically. “What?” I turned around and there was Ryan. Floating on top of the water. I could just feel my face turning bright red.

“So. What are you not telling who?” I pulled myself up onto the cement, taking time to figure out a believable lie. “Well. We…uh…” Oh how smooth. “I can’t tell you what it was, but I can tell you she was talking about yooooouuuu.” I grabbed up the nearest beach ball and whipped it at Emily. She ducked under the water and swam away, leaving me with Ryan.

I can’t believe this is happening. Isn’t this supposed to be the scene with the two 17 year olds?

“So. What did you wanna tell me?” I slipped back into the water and hopped onto a floaty thing. “N-n-nothing. Emily’s c-c-crazy” Great time for my stuttering to kick in. “Are you s-s-s-sure?” And great time for him to start mocking me. “Yeah. Sure.” I swam away and went to find Emily. She’s so going to die.

“EMILY!” I swam up to her and started violently splashing her. “Hey! Stop!” I stopped and glared at her. “So…did you tell him?” I rolled my eyes and burst out laughing. There’s no getting through to her is there? “No Em. I didn’t. I will later.” A little white lie never hurt anyone. “Fine. But it has to be by the end of the day. Ryan HAS to know you love him.” “Who loves Ryan?” I froze. Dad could NOT be standing right behind me. Oh please…let it be some random person.

I turned around slowly and low and behold, there was dad. Not only that Ryan was there. Jesus Christ, what are the odds? “Uh…hi…dad.” I could here Emily giggle behind me. Nobody looked mad, but I felt as if I were about to go on trial. “So. Care to explain?” I saw that smirk cross my dad’s face, but it left as soon as he saw the hurt in my eyes. “Uh…well.” Come on think of a lie! “FOOLED YA!” I turned around again and there was Emily. Laughing her head off. “See Chip. I TOLD you they’d believe it.” I started laughing too. Hopping this was convincing enough.

“Oh god! You are so going to be tickled to death!” I let out a screech and so did Emily and Ryan and Dad chased us around the pool area. Normally I would have wanted to get away and have fun, but at the moment I was just happy that we got away with that!