A Twisted Love Affair

Do you love him?

"Come in!" I yelled across the room. I was sprawled out on my bed, relaxing after a day of complete hecticness. "Chip. Let's take a walk." I looked up at dad. He never takes walks with me unless he has somehing important to say...uh-oh.

We walked for a while without saying anything. Dad looked like he was strugling for words, something that never EVER happened to him. "Chip. Do you love Ryan?" I stopped dead in my tracks. He did NOT just ask me that. There was no way.

"Well...do you?" I looked up at dad and then down at the ground. "Yes." I whispered. We both stood still for a few minutes beofre he took a step forward and hugged me. "Are you mad?" I asked quietly. Trying not to set off a time bomb. "Of course not. I just don't want you to get hurt...cuz Ryan knows too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spent the whole night trying to figure out how to live through Ryan knowing. I think now that he knew I suddenly realized how stupid it was to think that we could ever be together. "KNOW THAT I WILL NEVER MARRY BABY I'M JUST SOGGY FROM THE CHEMO!" I picked up my phone and snapped at the person on the other end.

"What?" "Whoa...Chip...did I wake you up to early." Freakin Emily. Snapping me out of my reality/day dreams. "Yes you did. What do you want?" I leaned back and shut my eyes. Emily had the tendancy to talk forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the end of the convo we had decided to meet at the Starbucks just by my house. "MOM DAD! GOING TO STARBUCKS WITH EM!!" I waited for a responce, holding the door half open. "Aww you don't wanna stay and spend time with your family?" I smiled and rolled my eyes at my mom. "Love you!" "Love you too!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Em." I sat down oposite Emily and she imidatly started talking at hyper-speed. "So. Dish...deatils women. Does Ryan know? What did your dad say? Are you going to tell Ryan?" I had given her vauge details. Now she wanted to know everything.

"Ok. Ryan knows. Dad's not mad, and therefore I don't HAVE to tell Ryan." She smirked and took a sip of her coffee...or whatever it was. "See. Now all you have to do it wait." I imitdaed her and took a sip of my hot chocolate. "Oh really?" "Yup. He's gonna realize that he loves you." Sometimes I love Emily. She really doesn't get the age difference does she? Even in my wildest dreams I've known that. "Age difference Em!" "I know but still..." I took another sip and thought over what she was saying. Could she be right? Could he possibly fall in love with me?

((AN: Sorry it's so short. I can't really write much...extremely stressed at the moment. However it wasn't fair to leave you all hanging.))