A Twisted Love Affair

Don't leave daddy

"Are you ready to tell me what's wrong?" I was greedily chugging my hot chocolate and not saying a word. "Mom and dad." I whispered. "What's wrong with them?" He started to rub my back, making me feel a bit better. "Dad's cheating on mom. What if they get a divorce? What if I never see dad again?" I started sobbing again. I couldn't help it. I'd seen what happens to kids in my situation. I didn't want our family to be broken apart. "I'm sorry Chip. Really. I'm not sure I bellive Bren is cheating, but even if he is, he loves you a lot and is never going to cut you out of his life. He won't let your mom take you away." My sobbing dies down a little. Ryan always knew the right thing to say. I was starting to get that safe-in-your-arms feeling. "Thanks Ryan." I closed me eyes and took some deep breaths, trying to calm down. "No problem. You're welcome to stay here for the night." I smiled and nodded my head in a silent yes. Ryan moved so we were both laying down, and then I slowly drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shh. She's sleeping." I woke up but didn't open my eyes. I heard Ryan and Ivy whispering. "What happened?" "Her parents had a fight. Something about Brendon cheating. She was really worked up so I said she could spend the night here." "Aww. Poor thing. Are you coming to bed?" "No. I'm gonna stay here with Chip. She needs someone." "She's asleep. How much help does she nedd when she's asleep." "I want to stay with her Ivy. It's no big deal." "It is! You'll be here when she wakes up. She doesn't need to be all wrapped up in your arms." Ivy was starting to raise her voice. "I want her here! And shh...she is sleeping you know!!" Aww. Ryan...is...awsome. "I DON'T CARE IF THE PRESIDENT IS SLEEPING! I WANT HER OUT OF THIS HOUSE!" Now's my time to wake up or they're going to know I was listning in. "Mmfg?" I mumbled, rubbing my eyes and sitting up.

Ryan still had his arms around my waist and Ivy looked pissed. "Hi Ivy...are you ok?" I squinted in the light, but I could see her finnaly and completely loose her cool. "NO I'M NOT OK! GET OUT!" I sat, shocked for a moment, waiting for Ryan to come to my rescue. "Chip, I think you should leave." I whirled around. He was still taking her side? "What?" "Go back home. Your parents are probably worried." I sat shocked for a few more seconds before walking out and slamming the door, not even thanking Ryan for making me feel better...for a little while. He had lost all credit when he had lied to get me out of his house. He had called my mom so she wouldn't worry! He just didn't want to upset presious Ivy.

Ivy's POV: "I CAN'T BELLIVE YOU!" I stood in front of Ryan, who had sheeplishly sent Chip home. I did feel a bit guilty for kicking her out on the street, but still, she's in love with me man (but she doesn't know I know yet) so she must be eliminated. "I'm sorry Ivy. She needed someone. I couldn't abandon her." I wanted to wring Ryan's throat. "Yes you could have! You could have sent her to Emily's!" He looked down at his feet and scratched his neck. "I never thought of that. "Whatever. Have fun sleeping on the couch...alone!" I stomred upstairs and slammed our bedroom door. Sometimes that bastard makes me so mad!

I paced the room, not able to think clearly. It wasn't that Ryan was doing anything wrong, I just didn't want him to do something stupid and go after Chip. I know he loves me, but what if he does something he'll regret? What if he does something CHIP will regret. I don't want to see her get hurt. I meant everything I said at dinner, she's like a little sister to me. I don't want Ryan to wreck her life.

Katie's POV: I lay in bed, in our giant, cold, lonely bed. I didn't know where Brendon was, and I knew Chip was a Ryan's. My head was spinning and I jsut couldn't sleep. I hated Brendon for sleeping with another women. I know it's supposedly expected of a rockstar to sleep around, but he's married! He promised to love me and only me! Why is he breaking those vows?

I got up and walked into the kitchen. A mid-night snack is always a good idea when you're upset. "Shit. We have to have SOMETHING chocolaty!" I hate being on a diet. We never have anything junky in the house. It's all healthy food. "Junk food craving?" I turned around and there stood Brendon. He was holding out a very large chocolate cake. It looked like it had been personalized. "Here." I read the top. "I'm sorry." Was writen in purple frosting on the black chocolate cake. I hummored him and started cutting a slice. "I'm sorry Katie, darling. I didn't cheat on you, I swear." I knew he was lieing. I had seen him with...that girl. "I bellive you. Here." I smiled and held out the cake. He reached for it and SMACK! Right in his face. "Get out of my house you backstabbing lier." He stared at me, bewildered. If he thinks a single cake si going to take my pain away, he's crazy. "I...I...fine." He stormed out of the house and squeeled he tires and he roared away.

I sank down onto the floor and cradled my head in my hands. How could he do this to me, to us, to Chip!? "Mom?" I looked up, Chip was standing in the doorway. Her face was stained with tears and she was holding a bad of marshmellows, a box of grahm crackers, and multiple chocolate bars. "Want to make a camp fire?" I smiled and gave her a big hug. She always knows how to make everything better.

Soon we were outside, sitting around a roaring fire, making smores, laughing and reminising. "Remember the time we kept getting free smothies because the guy who worked there liked you?" I laughed and rolled my eyes. "No sweetie. He liked you. He was waaay to young for me." It was Chip's turn to laugh. "Yeah I guess you're right." "Remember the time we went running through the water park screaming "I'M RELATED TO GERARD WAY!" Just to see how many teenies follwed us." We both laughed and then let out a sigh. We really did do some fun things as mother and daughter.

"You know what my best memory is?" "What?" I looked into the fire and waited for an answer. "That time my hamster died so dad drove me three hours out to the prettyest lake, then rented a boat and parked it right in the middle of the lake. We sat for hours just talking and laughing. He really made me feel better." I sighed. Brendon really was a good father. "I can just picture the first time he said he loved me. We had just started dating, in fact it had only been a few weeks, and he got down on one knee and anounced to the world that he loved me. I honestly thought he was going to propous." We both let out another sigh, and then stayed quite for a little while. Roasting marshmellows until the fire went out and we had to go inside. I think I was ready for sleep anways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chip's POV: "Chip. Come on get up." Normally I would have put up a fight but as soon as I heard dad's voice I shot out of bed and into his arms. "DADDY! I MISSED YOU SOO MUCH!!" He placed a finger on my lips and shhed me. "I don't want your mother to know I'm here. She doesn't need any more stress. I just came to tell you that I'm going away for a few days. Just until your mother cools down." My eyes filled with tears. I didn't want him to leave. "Please stay daddy!" I sobbed into his shoulder. "I'll be back. I promise you. I'd never leave you." He kissed my forhead and then left my room.

I know he loves me...but will he really come back?