Status: very slow

Just a Story of One Little Girl

Chapter 1

I slowly open my eyes to the sun light streaming through my window. I getup andwince in pain. I'm so tired and sore right now. I go into my bathroom and inspect the newest bruises.

"Mackenzie!!!" Shoot. What does he want now? Didn't he hit me enough last night? It's not like I'm a punching bag; then again, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what I came back as in another life.

"Yes Daddy?" I ask timidly opening my door to my "father" smiling down evilly at me. I fearfully look into his eyes, searching for some sign of assurance that I wouldget to school ithout a beating first today.

"Just making sure you were up, Bitch." I wince at the bitter sound of his voice. "Now get your ass downstairs and make your brothers breakfast. Oh and in case you forgot, you don't get any. Hunter will tell me if you try to sneak any food, and you know the consequences." He laughed and a shiver passed through my body.

I raced downstairs, trying not to make him angry. I went to the kitchen and started to make Aiden and Hunter pancakes. As the aroma of the food filled the room my stomach growled loudly. I'm so hungry, going four days without food doesn't exactly fill your stomach. At least I know that if my family was stranded on a desert island, I would probably be the only one to survive, and in some twisted way, that makes me happy.

"Hey slut," my brother Hunter greeted me. "Are those pancakes almost ready?" I nodded my head yes and he smiled. "Good. I'm starving." Ha like I'm not? Oh well. "Oh and Dad told me to remind you not to eat and make sure you don't have any money on you, like you even have money"

I smiled to myself. None of these idiots know about my secret stash of money, except Aiden, but he doesn't count, he loves me. The only person in this family who does. My dad did once and so did my other brothers, but after the accident I learned thay were just trying to make my mom happy. Everyone but Aiden.

See, my dad wanted a family of all boys, but my mom had always wanted a little girl. After having two boys, they adopted me, to make my mom "glow", as Aiden would often put it. After adopting me, my mom got pregnant again and had my brother, Chris. Two years later we got a surprise, another baby boy, Devin.

About a year after Devin was born, my mom got hit by a drunk driver and died. Now my dad couldn't just send me back to the orphanage, now could he? No, instead he got the idea that he could treat me like a slave. I swear, he treats the stray dogs we find better than he does me.

Now i'm 14 and only two people outside my family know about the abuse. Unfortunately, they're as terrified as I am that he'll kill them if they say anything. Well, time for school. Six and a half hours with out torture. Thank God, it's only Monday. That is, if there even is a God.