Status: very slow

Just a Story of One Little Girl

Chapter 10

School was fairly easy. All the teachers felt bad for me. I love that about teachers: break a bone, and they think you're majorly incapacitated; becoming extremely lenient about almost anything. For example, in English I got out of a test, and my math teacher was completely ok with the fact that I hadn't done the homework. In lunch, I was allowed to eat using Aiden's lunch tab and my tray was carried for me. In gym, my teacher made me referee so that I wasn't bored sick, and my history teacher gave me extra credit for participating.

It was after school that had been worrying me. Jason had told me that he was coming over my house to discuss his so-called "plan". He told me nothing about his scheme, but I knew it could be nothing good. When Jason is involved, there's no telling what would happen. The only good things was, because of my hospital visit, my father couldn't afford to hurt me again. The bad part? Jason knew this little fact, and I could tell he was going to use it to his advantage.

When Jason and I got to my house, he informed me that some other people were going to come over as well. "Jason!" I protested. "I don't want anyone else knowing this stuff!"

Jason merely smiled. "I knew you wouldn't. That's why I didn't tell you."

I was about to retaliate, but the doorbell rang. I answered the door and almost fainted. What looked like our entire ninth grade class was standing on my doorstep. I glared at my bestfriend, but invited everyone in, taking them up to my room. Once there, I counted heads.

"16!? You got 16 people involved in this crazy plot of yours?" I shot a death-glare over to him. "I can't believe you would do something like that! Actually, I can believe it all too well."

Suddenly, my door swung open. Hunter entered with a satisfied smirk gracing his face. "Dad says all your little friends have to leave. Now." He put emphasis on the now.

Unfortunately for Hunter, I was angry and feeling a little sassy. Hatred towards my family surged through my body and I drew up to my full 4'7" with fire in my eyes. "Well, you know what Hunter?" I growled, "you can go and tell Daddy Dearest that he can do what he wants to me later. My friends aren't leaving until we're through here. We have something to discuss and it does NOT concern you. Now leave."

My older brother's eyes grew wide with shock. "You sassy little bitch! Dad's gonna kill you for disobeying him. You might want to rethi--"

I cut him off with a cold, bitter laugh. "I don't care anymore! Don't you get it? I couldn't give two shits about what he's gonna do to me! That man has kept me tortured and afraid for long enough! I'm done with heeding his every wish. I'm done taking his insults and bullying without saying a word. I'm done letting him treat me like his own little slave. And most of all: I'm done with him! Now, go tell your father that these kids are staying! And send Aiden up, too! Actually, don't bother. He'll probably come up here to see what the commotion is all about." I finished calmly.

Hunter didn't move. I looked at Jason, hoping he could read my thoughts. He must have because in a split second, he was tackling the bigger boy and slamming the door shut. After that, he wrapped me in a hug. "Good one, kiddo."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. I forgot all about this story. I guess I just got caught up in school and work and stuff. I promise to update more this year than I have in the past 3. ^_^' Sorry about that. Hope you enjoy the latest installment!