Status: very slow

Just a Story of One Little Girl

Chapter 11

Hunter stalked out and Jason started speaking. “Ok guys, here’s the deal. My Chem is coming in a little over 2 months and—“

“Shut up Jason.” I interrupted. He looked at me confused. “Frank Iero is a major rock star. He doesn’t have time for a kid, nor would he want one. He most likely just wants to party and be young for a little longer. I say we find my mom.”

“How?” Jason asked incredulously. “We’ve tried finding your parents so many times. What would be any different this time?”

“This time we know the father. If we search for adoption records of the kid of Frank Iero—“ I was interrupted by Aiden’s voice.

“You also have my help this time. Mack’s name was changed about two weeks after she joined our family. So now you also got a real name to look for in the adoption records. Ellery Anastasia. I loved it when I was 4 and told myself I’d name my kid that one day.”

I looked at my brother. He was staring at me with a look of…was it sorrow? “I’m sorry I never told you. Dad threatened your life if I ever let it slip. I did once. You were about five years old. I guess that’s when I realized Dad didn’t really like you. I called you Ellery when we were playing and he flipped out when you asked to be called that.”

I looked down, remembering that day. I had convinced Aiden to play house with me. When he called me Ellery, I loved the sound of it. I asked my parents to call me that because it was pretty at dinnertime. My dad yelled at me, saying that I had a proper name and sent me to bed without eating. I couldn’t understand what I had done.

I shook the memory and nodded my head. “And now we have my real name.” Aiden looked at me and I could tell he was thinking. All of a sudden, he walked out of the room.

“Where is he going?” Asked Miranda. “He just got here.” She seemed disgruntled. Jason and I shared a look, but shrugged. We were just as clueless as everyone else.

I heard a noise from someone in the back. “I don’t get it. Why do you wanna leave here so bad?” She looked at me accusingly, as if I’d done something wrong.

“I’m sorry, I don’t seem to know you,” was my only response.

“The name’s Kelly. Seems to me that you just want to get close to Frank. You’re just like all the other ‘number 1 fans’. What makes you think you’d be any different.”

“Well for one thing, I’m not their ‘number 1 fan’. I couldn’t care less about My Chemical romance.” A shocked silence filled the room. I cleared my throat and continued. “Umm. But to answer your question: I hate it here. I feel like I’m living in the depths of hell, except sometimes I think Satan would be more forgiving. My family hates me and I have nothing for me here except for my friends and Aiden.

“And anyway, where do you come off saying I wanna get close to Frank? Were you listening to me and Jason at all? I wanna find my mom first. I wanna hunt her down and see if she might possibly take me for at least partial custody. It’s a long shot, but it’s worth a try.”

The silence hung thickly in the room. At that moment, Aiden came back. “I knew we had the papers somewhere. You were adopted from Smee’s Home for Lost Girls and Boys. God, sounds like Peter Pan.”

Hearing that, I burst out laughing with three or four other people. Gradually, more kids started laughing until we were all rolling around my room. When we could finally come up for air without giggling, I looked at Aiden who still stood in the doorway. “Get in here. Close the door. Does it say anything about who my parents were?”

Aiden closed the door and fought his way to my bed. He sat down next to me and read over the papers carefully. “No…. but it does have the hospital you were born in. Holy shit you’ll never guess where!”

I thought for a moment. “Good Sam?”

“Exactly! How’d you guess?”

“’Cause I always go there when I get hurt. I guess I just found it to be ironic if that were the case.” I shrugged.

“Alright! Let’s find her mom!” One of Jason’s friends, Austin shouted. As a pack, everyone left my room in search for some answers. I pulled Jason aside.

“You didn’t need that many people you know. Aiden, you, Miranda, Cecelia, and Emily would’ve been fine.”

Jason rolled his eyes. “Yeah I know the actual planning part will just be us, or more likely just my friends, but having this many people storm your house makes an impact. You gotta make yourself known sometimes, ya know? Show ‘em you really mean business.”

“Jason” my brother sighed. “One day, you’re gonna get her killed.”