Status: very slow

Just a Story of One Little Girl

Chapter 2

School. Most kids hate it, but not me. School is a safe haven for me. I usually get here early and just hang out untill class starts or my friends get here. It's so quiet in the morning and I can get most of my homework done so I don't get in trouble by bringing it home or not doing it. Surprisingly, it works really well, and whatever I don't get done in the morning I can do in study hall.

"Hey, Big Mac" I recognized the sound of my best friend's voice immediately.

"Hey, Jason, how are ya?" I asked him as I smiled.

"I'm ok, how are you? And tell me the truth, I don't want any of this 'oh I'm doing great' crap." I laughed as he mimicked me with an extremely high voice. It sounded like he just sucked a whole baloon of helium.

"Don't worry about me, Jase, I'm fine," he narrowed his eyes at my lie. "I swear."

"Alrighty then," he began. "Where did that black eye come from then, and don't tell me you ran into a wall or something, you've already exhausted that excuse."

"I didn't run into a wall," i started thinking quickly. "Chris and I got into a fight over the t.v. remote. Needless to say, he won."

"Come on, Kenzie, why bother trying to lie to me. You know I know the truth. Did your dad do that to you?"

"Honestly, it was Chris. Dad wasn't home when he got home from Andrew's and he was angry for some reason. I"m used to it, ok?"

"No! It's not ok. You shouldn't be treated like that. I gotta go, but later, we're gonna have a nice, long chat."

He left to go find his friends as my own came into the building. I was happy to see them after the weekend, and couldn't wait to hear what they had to say.

"Hey, Mac, nice shiner." remarked my partner in crime, Miranda.

"Thanks," I replied, sarcasm dripping from my voice, "so what's up?"

"Same ol' stuff" my other friend, Theresa, answered for her. I rolled my eyes as the bell rang.

"Well, I guess I'll see you in class and you can tell me how your weekend was." I said smiling.

"All right. See you later." They replied in unison.