Status: very slow

Just a Story of One Little Girl

Chapter 26

“Holy crap!” Kevin gasped. “Seriously dude? Chloroform?”

“Yeah, we use it for emergencies.” Jason muttered, soaking my washcloth and hiding it carefully with the rope. “Like, when we know something’s going to happen. I don’t want her getting raped again.”

“Yeah, no, I get that. But shit, man! Why don’t you just use this stuff like, all the time?”

I glared at Kevin. “Do you see how small that bottle is? It was barely half full when we got it. Chloroform is expensive. That was $150 right there. We don’t have that money to spare.”

“Sorry. I just thought – I guess I was being stupid.”

“So, Big Mac, you coming to my house tonight?” Jason pulled me into his lap as he asked the question.

I shook my head. “I think I’ll just camp out at school. He’s getting bold. If he wakes up, I’m scared he’ll come for me.”

Jason nodded, believing every word I said. “Ok I’ll just leave this in your wall for the next week or so. That way it’ll be on hand, seeing how mad he is.”

I nodded barely paying attention. I was too busy formulating a plan to get out. $400 was all I had. I needed to survive on it somehow.

Around 9:00 the boys finally left. Jason stayed to help me knock my dad out, and left as I started filling my duffel. 10 minutes later, everything I could need for a week was packed. I grabbed my $400 and left the house.

The walk to the train station was long, but I finally made it safely. I caught the 1:40 train and settled in for the trip. I had memorized Bryan’s phone number, but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to call him or not. I figured I’d make my decision when I got to the diner.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short. Hopefully the next one will be longer.